Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Anthony, Nov 15, 2007.

Anthony New Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

For those who like politics, what candidate(s) do you like and dislike?

Rudy Guliani? Billary Clinton? :p Obama?

As for me I am a big fan of Ron Paul.

Posted By Anthony | Nov 15, 2007

1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Hmmm - haven't heard about Ron Paul actually.... I'm kinda hoping MS RICE will do her thing after the primaries - hopefully someone will ask her to be a running mate = in my opinion a really solid choice.... It'd be interesting: a Clinton/Rice ticket :LOL:

Jacquii.

ps - tell us more about Paul :D

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Nov 15, 2007

Anthony New Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Two women running this country.... are you crazy?! Hahaha just kidding. :p

Rice would actually be a really good candidate. She is very smart. She has said though she wouldn't run for President ever (I know things can change but just noting that). As far as elect-ability I don't know. She has all that baggage of being associated with the Bush administration and I think we've all seen enough of him and not sure the general consensus would want anyone doing with Bush running the country, but who knows.

Ron Paul is libertarian/constitutionalist. He's pro-civil liberties and against big government. Never votes to raise taxes, didn't vote for the Iraq war, and didn't vote for the Patriot Act.

Here's a video of him at one of the debates.

[YOUTUBE]G7d_e9lrcZ8[/YOUTUBE]

Posted By Anthony | Nov 15, 2007
  2. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    OK - haven't watched MR PAUL yet - but commenting..... Will prolly (or definitely! lol) have a comment....... Interesting thing - BUSH haters are just that: haters - Most vocal haters.... The thing is PEOPLE voted him in to office! (perhaps the 1st vote was a little crazy but the 2nd vote was decisive!)

Thing about Hillary though - is she sat around and said nothing about her Husbands dick being sucked under the oval office desk. Sure! She moved to New York but my opinion is that she accepted that baggage and even supported Bill's move to Harlem (WHAT A JOKE!) THEN has the audacity to have him "supporting" her campaign for the Presidency? NOPE! Sorry! I can understand blablablablabla - but she has really never said she's a FREEEEEEK like that.

Who cares if she's never smoked marijuana? She prolly was right there with Bill when he "didn't inhale" ----- I think she's smart of course, but I can't really think that someone who says "I'm not like the BYTCH who sang 'stand by your man'" would actually "stand" by her man, run for Senate and conveniently forget what happened waaaaaaay back when.

She can't be trusted IMHO - which is pitiful really, because I think she would be a better candidate if she publically and more loudly say "I'm not riding the coattails of my cheating husband so that WE can be in the WhiteHouse.........AGAIN"

That aside...................... Thing about BUSH is that people "blame" him for IRAQ -------- THE PEOPLE SANCTIONED THE INVASION - WE WERE AND STILL ARE MAD ABOUT THE DISASTER PERPETRATED ON THE TWIN TOWERS!

Do you honestly think a President Gore would have sat around saying "But what about the Greenhouse effect"?

President Bush doesn't get enough credit for pulling the guns out and BLASTING! IMO - Weapons of Mass Destruction are those who continually perpetuate crimes against the innocently naive who are in fact naive enough (or blind as it is) to be optimistic about the shape of this world.

Jacquii.

3. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    QUOTES FROM CONGRESSMAN PAUL

Juliani and his fake ass actually had some things to say in the debate clip: "....I don't think I've heard that before And I've heard some pretty obsurd reactions to September 11th."

:wow: PAUL says he won't run as an Independent....
    He says the federal government should stay out of the abortion issue....

"If you can't protect life, how can you protect Liberty.... You should never use force to bring about changes...."

4. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    HIGHLY interesting ANTHONY - I shall now watch the vid clip without pause ;)

Thanx for the sharing!

Jacquii.

5. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    :wow: A very most interesting clip - I thank you so much for bringing to my attention MR PAUL..... I tell ya - watching him..... I'd actually consider voting for him. One thing though - he was nominated as the Liberterian candidate in '88 or some shyt..... And he's in the replican debate?!?!? Says he wouldn't do a "ross perot" ---- I think it'd be interesting if he DID!

Jacquii.

ps - never said anything about MS RICE running for PREZ ;)

Anthony New Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well you can argue if he was truly voted into office first term, but that's another debate. :p And even though I couldn't vote in the 2004 election I really don't like Kerry... but I wasn't that well informed in politics as I am now. Anyway, getting back on track.

In my opinion the Bush-Clinton dynasty needs to stop. lol. I really don't trust Clinton. She changes her political views when its convenient and makes a complete 180 about the Iraq war. Also, to get a clear answer from her on an issue is like trying to give a cat a bath. Avoids it at all costs. I was bored and watched the democratic debate tonight (this is like the 200th one by now?! lol) and Hilary and Obama wouldn't give a clear answer on drivers licenses for illegal immigrants. The moderators of the debate had to say, well we'll just go around and everyone say yes or no because they wouldn't give a clear answer.

Exactly and people seem to forget that a number of high profile politicians some of which are candidates now supported the authorization of the war. But now Bush is responsible for their actions and 'lied to them.' Anyone that authorized the war is just as responsible as he is. But as the usual with politics they love to find the scapegoat.

Can't say I'd be suprised of he did. :p By the way I've had enough of his preaching. He's turned global warming into a religion.

So true.

Hahaha glad I wasn't the only one who thought that as well. Those who clapped and him looking all powerful and serious just made me want to vomit. Nothing but blind patriotism - the government didn't do anything wrong and they were unprovoked. Yeah... open your eyes people.

He won't run in a 3rd party. He knows that will be political suicide. He's well aware that we fall under the two party system and just can't work.

Yeah, he believes it should be up to the states.

Yeah like I said earlier he ran as a Libertarian in 88 and lost pretty bad. He feels that the only way he can win with the Republican nomination which is pretty understandable. We are a two party country. Although Ron Paul's supporters are all over the political spectrum from Republicans, Democrats, Independents, and all kinds of people... pretty much everybody sick and tired of big government.

And no problem with sharing. I think a lot more people would want to vote for him if the media has given him more recognition. Ron Paul has received the most money from military personnel, yet he's the only GOP candidate who supports bringing the troops home immediately. Pretty interesting.

With a lot of the candidates I really don't see them with a vision of change unlike Ron Paul. He addresses a lot of issues which a lot of the other candidates ignore. Its refeshing to get honest straight answers for one. Haha

Haha true.

Posted By Anthony | Nov 16, 2007

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?