Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

muhowhow New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Magic. There is much debate about it, but the general consensus is that you'd have to be insane to believe. I have done my research on these magics and even practised them a tiny bit. I can tell you one thing; it works. I just don't believe it works in the way that most do. Most think it works by you saying some phrase or cooking odd things in a pot and something you want to happen just does. I believe that it works because we plant the want deep in our subconscious. For example, if I wanted it to be a good day tomorrow and I chanted a magic phrase or something my subconscious would look at my conscious and say 'wow he really wants this to happen...' and it will make it happen. Our subconscious has the power to do more than we can imagine. I believe there is a so called 'path' to what we want. We can't really see it with our consciousness because we as human beings don't think in the least bit logically. Our subconscious does however, therefore we can basically plant wants in our subconscious and we will inevitably be guided toward the goal. My first point is made; magic is a trick of the subconscious. Although, I don't dismiss that sometimes things don't make sense (ghosts, angels, demons stuff I'll talk about in another post sometime).

As for the different kinds of magics, there are many that aren't really disputed among the magic community but there are a few famous ones that are controversial. I'm talking of black magic and white magic. There is also a grey magic, which I'll get into soon. Now the main thing about black magic is that it has a horrible reputation for being 'evil' magic. This simply isn't true. For those of you who know your OS's here's an analogy. White magic (ironically) is like a Mac OS. There's not a huge risk for making a mistake. Its all geared towards people who need user friendly software, stuff that's not too complicated and its a lot harder to do illegal(bad) things from a Mac as well. In relation, I've never heard of anyone being all that powerful in white magic. The magic is used for good things like healing. Its set up (usually) in a way that provides no chance to screw up. Black magic, on the other hand, is more like the Linux of the magic world. Its hard to use, and the only people who do are usually programmers. You have to know basic programming to even install something on a Linux OS. If you're not careful you can really mess things up, however its got so much more potential than Mac. Similarly, black magic is basically just a free form with no real rules. You can use it however you want but its easy to get sucked into it and a lot of spells from black magic utilise a 'magic-for-blood' philosophy where in return for your "wish" being granted you must surrender a drop of your blood, or some of your 'energy' or something like that. This is why it was marked as evil. That and a lot of religious bashing aimed at it from Christianity and others labelling it as witchcraft or Satan worship. Anyway there is a 'windows' of magic as well. Its the middle ground, called grey magic. Not a huge risk of being screwed up, yet still holds a bit more potential than white magic. Point of this statement: Magic isn't what people thought it was. There is no evil or good, its just that the only magics you can do bad things from are grey or black magic. So naturally all people with ill intentions had to use grey or black magic.

One thing that bugs the crap out of me is how people think of Satanism as devil worship. The word 'Satan' means opposing force in Latin. It doesn't inherently mean evil, religion just felt it needed a scapegoat for all the evil in the world. Technically, being an atheist, I'm on the opposing side of religion. That means that by religious standards I am a Satanist. Now person you meet that knows me will EVER say I come even close to being as evil as that word implies. Nonetheless, I'm still a Satanist by religious standards. Most think that Satan stands for a single evil force, aggressively marching on religion. It really stands for all the people and their beliefs that conflict with that religions beliefs.

There we go... that should feed the fire, light a few others, maybe enrage a couple of religious people too. Hey, have fun with this. Throw out your beliefs, your opinions, your criticisms. Lets get the backlash and follow system started.

Posted By muhowhow | Feb 3, 2011

1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Odd post. It was all over the place LOL - I'm no expert in magic but this

begs me to ask if this is true. If magic is a trick of the subconscious then it could work exclusively with the person casting a spell - but ONLY on that person. But how would that work if the object of the spell is not you? By the logic you say - then it wouldn't, as you'd need to work a trick on someone elses psyche for the "magic" to take effect?

IDK - it's all odd to me.... But then again - the chant or casting is not much different than uttering the serenity prayer or any other mantra...

Odd to me yes, as I'm not the praying kind.

I don't know what to say about this except for logic seems to be missing. The word Satan is discussed in the Christian bible. And in the Christian Bible the word satan does not translate to "opposing force" but perhaps represents the "opposing force" of good. No need to use the word as a scapegoat. No translation required.

And technically an atheist would be on neither the opposing side of religion or any other side of religion. An atheist rather maintains neutral stance for all intents and purposes, via their rejection of any diety, which I would imagine encompasses both "heavenly" diety or "evil" diety...? So saying that the words and concepts "satanist" and "athiest" are the same and/or are interchangeable is a ridiculous proposition to me.

IDK - interesting post dude - yes - interesting indeed - but simultaneously odd to those of us who are not familiar with this magic stuff. And we haven't even gotten in to voodoo LOL

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Feb 11, 2011

muhowhow New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I really could have modeled this post much better than I did. I don't know why it came out so horrible. Perhaps I was really tired when I wrote it? Anyway, I will answer the questions and such now.

First of all: No, you woudn't have to trick their psyche in order to make something like that work. If you want it to happen that badly
    (lets say the spell cast is a pestilence curse, to make the person sick) then if they cough or sneeze at all you will imediately thing
    it worked. It sounds silly to say that, but our subconcious can literally alter the way we think. Our sanity isn't quite as safe as
    we'd like to think, easily altered through tricks of the mind, drugs, and of course, life itself.

Secondly: I can agree with the whole "defining satan" thing. However, A lot of religions actually do consider anyone not with them, against them.
    With the main religions here, such as christianity and catholocism, I find its pretty split. Not all of christians and catholics are like that
    obviously, but I have encountered equal numbers of christians/catholics that have that mind set as opposed to those that don't. In those who
    think that way's eyes, anyone not with them is against them. They have to have a reason why, and its almost always pinned on satanism.

Magic and religion are very odd indeed. I really shouldn't have gotten into religion with this piece of writing but the damage
    is done. :p I honestly don't know what happened the night of that note. I wasn't on drugs or anything, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't
    angry at religion, so I can only think that I was really tired and didn't put as much thought into it as I should have.

Posted By muhowhow | Feb 14, 2011
  2. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    It didn't come out horribly dude LOL - It just wasn't as concise as the title lead me to believe it would be. I think it raises more questions than it answers though - which is good - if we're hoping others will chime in. But IDK if anyone will lol...

Absolutely yes! If I had a dollar for everytime I heard my Mama or Grandmama said to somebody that somebody needs to get the devil out of them.......I'd be a multi-millionairess :)

One of the main reasons I'm not into religion is simple: Most religions are simplistic in concept ==> right and wrong; good and bad; heavenly and evil. This can mainly be translated to = bad: must be the devil; good: must not be the devil LOL

A More succinct statement would be, "Religion needs to have an antagonist."

Anyway - the focus of the piece seems again to be all over the place. Perhaps when asked "What's the purpose?" you might be able to polish this write up so that the purpose is robust and clear.

This topic clearly needs at least one magic mushroom - or perhaps a hogleg LOL

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Feb 14, 2011

muhowhow New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for not hammering down on me XD This note seems to be a trip of literature on my part, and just like a fallen person, anyone could have easily started simply beating on me for all its inconstancies and such. I personally was deciding if I should scrap it or not. I will write this again someday, but I will hopefully be much more focused.

Posted By muhowhow | Feb 15, 2011
  3. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Ah - we all have such flawed gems - I have several notebook full of stuff - half of which I'm sure is the result of spontaneous drinking sessions LOL - One day I'll get to an editing process = who knows...

Anyway - no hammering from me - on this one anyway - I only partake of hammering sessions in private when all parties are of the same accord and feeling quite sexy.

Okay - twas a line dedicated to spoiled tomaters - badjoke badjoke :badjoke: LOL

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Feb 16, 2011

generation.boom New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -2
    Yes it is a magical discussion because when i start to read it suddenly i feel headache.....
    So i think it is a magical discussion which give a sudden pain to those who tries to read it.

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?