Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Sally Roberts Forestdawn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The story behind the poem:
    When I was a little girl I went to a circus. It was a unique experience. After it was over and the audience went home, I had to go back into the big tent to retrieve a sweater I'd left behind. When I walked in the tent I'd noticed a clown sitting in front of a mirror weeping. I walked over to him and asked why a clown would be crying, Since his face was painted so happy.
    Here is what he told me.
    "I am crying because my daughter is very ill and is in the hospital, The doctors told me that she may die. I put on a happy face to make other people laugh to keep them from thinking about their own troubles. And it helps me from being sad too." Then when the show is over I sit in front of my mirror see myself as I really feel."
    "I'm not so happy now, worring about my little girl lying in the hospital dying of lukemia."

I felt so sad for this clown. making other people laugh, when he was so unhappy.
    It was three months later his seven year old daughter died.
    He still preforms as a clown.

Here is the poem I wrote in his honor.

A Mirror's Image

Eye to eye
    he blankly stares
    A moment or two ~ at last,
    Blinking ~ thinking
    Reflections, selections, recollections
    of memories past.

Blue on blue
    the iris' hue
    A tear or two ~ a flask,
    Frowning ~ drowning
    Sighing, crying, dying
    Beneath a painted mask.

A jester, a clown
    a clown, a frown
    Brings laughter to all his peers,
    Storming~ preforming
    Punny, sunny, funny
    Only the mirror sees his tears.

1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    :wow: SALLY - this poem is very lovely - even moreso after reading the intro... Can't really say very much about this one as it seems so close to home --- so to say... But the rhythm and language of the poem is very very nice - An enjoyable read AND poignant story.

Thanx for sharing.

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | May 24, 2007
  2. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Sally,

:wow::wow: I do not know where to begin. The poem is a priceless and classic piece from your heart to your pen to the paper. The fluidity of healing ink as we see it can be our only means. To read the heart wrenching story, then this poem, was such that I am speechless. Truly speechless. The poem is a perfectly executed, heart grabbing, and beautiful tribute. I am left misty here, as this was simply beautiful. Thank you so much from my heart to yours, for posting this. An excellent rating. May his little girl fly :flyaway: and perform with the angels :angel:.

Kim

KayaOtah happy as ever

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wonderful poem, woderful story, if I'm not wrong there's a chinese old song for a clown that brightens other people day when his himself is all grey...

Posted By KayaOtah | May 26, 2007

Terence Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Sally, I found this an enjoyable poem to read; it could be a performance piece. Good flow and a poignancy that I could feel through your words.

Terence

Posted By Terence | Jun 4, 2007

Sally Roberts Forestdawn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank You
    Jacquii:
    Kim;
    Kyanta:
    Terence:

All of your comments were warming to my heart. I am happy to know you enjoyed this true story. It was my pleasure to have shared it with all of you.

I know that the clowns' daughter found her way to the light and happiness she so richly deserves. And that her father will see her again someday when he crosses over to the other realm of the spiritual world.

Thanks for your comments.
    They are always appreciated.

Blessings

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?