Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Discussion in 'Short Stories' started by PaintedDiary, May 27, 2007.

1. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0

This is from Ms Jacquii's Challenge about Queen Elizabeth. I decided to write a story instead of a poem or essay, lol....information about the challenge can be found here:D :p

A Royal Dream

After all the grand festivities and a dinner of the finest French cuisine, your Majesty, retired for the evening. Three hours had passed and the Queen became restless, as if the darkness was nudging her to wake.

A misty shadow seemed to linger at the foot of her bed. The Queen, with nothing but eloquence, dismissed the presence. Beside her bed, on an antique cherry wood night stand, were pictures of the royal family, minus the past. Very tired from the sojourn, the Queen quickly went back to sleep; however, still felt uneasy. Shortly thereafter, the Queen hears a familiar voice in her dreams.

"Dream my precious Queen, and know that I did love him. I wore the most exquisite lingerie, and bore two royal sons. Yet, your open public display of hatred disgusted me. How dare you call yourself a Queen? He never grew to love me because you made him believe in all your tricks, and lies! In your eyes, I was never equal, even thought of as less. No resources for poesy I suppose, as I was for the hearts of the people; not for yours. You let unscrupulous critics blame me for helping to strip the monarchy of some of the mystique so important for its survival. If they only really knew about you my precious Queen. I was titled "Queen of their Hearts" by the public, till you....paid the paparazzi.... to kill me. In my afterlife, I am still
    "The Royal American Pie", and you,
    Oh Canada
    , will be haunted.
    I will haunt you even on the other side, just like tonight!"

The Queen gasps, jolts to sit upright, and an object falls in her lap. That same uneasy feeling, came across as the Queen fearfully turned on the night light. The light revealed a photo with a special scribe that read,

To my loving and precious Queen,

Love,

Lady Diana

p.s. This is only a story as I try to exhibit and exercise my creative freedom. This does not represent or depict my personal views, as I respect both Ladies of Royalty.

{{{{{~~~***KIM***~~~}}}}}:angel: :diablo:

2. Artistic

Mysty JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    WOW ........ :blink-stare: awesome take PaintedDiary and nice to know someone defended Diana here in this column. But truthfully I did not like this challenge at all. In my heart .... I believe in the aristocracy and I believe they are ladies .... real Ladies..not the maligned ladies of the night type but the gentile lady if you will. They do not have free will .....but have to follow what governs them. You have the best version of this challenge as far as I am concerned. I do not hold with mockeries of the Queen ..... so I did not like others renditions. Yours I did. Thank You Kim.

Posted By Mysty | May 28, 2007

Bear JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that is an awesome write painted I believe that Diana is haunting her still today theres nothing wrong withthis write its a known fact that the queen hated Diana
    hugs kisses
    tom

Posted By Bear | May 28, 2007

Jeez Banned

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ah... Ms Kim...,

You sent shivers
    down my spine...

With this:
    There such a lot
    that do believe
    that, and you
    wrote it.

Glad to see that!!!

Brilliant write.

Thanks for the
    read.:thumbsup:

Posted By Jeez | May 28, 2007
  3. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Mysty, Bear, and Jeez,

Thank you so much for your kind commentary on the Lady Di story. I was aprehensive at first, then remembered tis is all for the craft. I am humbled by your comments. Thank you sooo much.

Kim;)

tamm0449 New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Kim, I thoroughly enjoyed the story of Lady Di and how she haunts them with a picture dropping in their lap. The story captured my attention and held it throughout the story. What a fun and wonderful read. Thank you, tamm0449 Spiritual Harmony

Posted By tamm0449 | Jun 1, 2007

Jeez Banned

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ms Kim....,

This is even better
    then before.

Great.

Posted By Jeez | Jun 1, 2007

Sally Roberts Forestdawn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Kim:

Absolutely perfect! The Queen was entirely too uncaring for the royal Diana. Everyone loved Diana much more than the Queen herself.

Like the story of Snow White. To rid herself of the most loving and beautiful princess of the land. Just so she could have her way.

Mirror, mirror upon the wall,
    Who is fairest of us all?
    Queen, you are full fair 'tis true
    But (Diana) is fairest than you.

Oh thou art of beauty rare,
    But (Diana) is a thousand times more fair.

Thanks for this one Kim. Expertly done!
  4. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Ms Jeez and Ms Sally for taking precious time to read and to comment. I thought I would try something different, and after meditating, this was the result. My muse has been very active lately, lol. Thank you both for your continued support. Love you guys!

{{{{{~~~***PD***~~~}}}}}:)

zaac Banned

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    oh my god, thats flippin unbelievable. that was awesom.

zaac

Posted By zaac | Jun 1, 2007
  5. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0

Dear Tamara,

Thank you for taking precious time to read and to comment. Yes, at times, I end up doing something a little different, lol. This was the result. I am so happy you enjoyed my take on the challenge.

Kim :)
  6. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Zaac,

Thank you for reading and commenting on my story. I am so happy you enjoyed the story. This makes me very happy, and also lets me know, I am doing it right. Thank you again.

{{{~~~***KIM***~~~}}}}:)

zaac Banned

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    you knew you were doing it right anyway...you just needed to hear it

zaac

Posted By zaac | Jun 1, 2007
  7. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for saying it...:)

Kimberly:kicking:

Curtis Spider Lee Curtis Spider Lee

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What a Beautful write Big Sister!! It seems you've torn a page from the Painted Dairy for all to look upon! This is a remarkable story and dedication to Her Majesty! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BIG SISTER!!!Much Love for ya, keep up the great work!!:wave: :wave: :wave:
  8. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Hmmmm - don't know if I agree with that, as if the "governing" aristocracy has no freedom - Then what is it there for? It would seem a farce actually... But anyway - That's what I liked so much about Diana - is she thumbed her nose at the idea that she could be Princess with shackles around her ankles...
    ---------------------------
    ---------------------------

Moving on......

Hey KIM - this is an AWESOME write - really enjoyed the take of Princess Diana "haunting" the Queen - Interesting, as there was a bit of a backlash when Di died and the royal Family was mum on the subject... Anyway - very interesting write!

Thanx for the share and glad I could inspire such a story. Glad you met the challenge ;)

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jul 2, 2007
  9. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Lil Brother and Ms Jacquii for taking time to read and to comment. Ms Jacquii you are so right, she did take a lot and still walked and went gracefully.

Kim :)

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?