Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

LynnEllen Minstrel

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"Is there anybody going to listen to my story....all about the girl who came to stay? She's the kind of girl you want so much it makes you sorry....still you don't regret a single day."

Opening line to the song, "Girl" by Lennon/McCartney and the move, "Across the Universe" directed by Julie Taymor.

With less than 30 minutes of spoken dialogue, Across The Universe blends history, music and exquisite storytelling into an experience that is sure to linger like a whispered echo on ears and in minds of all who see it. The story is told through the lyrics of some of the finest songs ever penned. Much of the singing in the film is done live, on the set, lending an honest, emotional edge to the scenes.

Julie Taymor and colleagues pored over the Beatle's catalog of songs, more than 200 altogether, to create a story that is at once believable and fantastic. Anyone who is familiar with songs like "Hold Me Tight", "Come Together", "I Wanna Hold Your Hand", and "Dear Prudence" will be instantly transported to that place in American history where the debate over America's involvement in Viet Nam ("Hey, hey LBJ, how many kids did you kill today?") echoed at the dinner table with the debate over individual identity. ("What you do defines who you are." "No, Uncle Teddy, I say who you are defines what you do.") When all the shouting died down, they found that one truth remained. "All you need is love."

Perfect casting, perfect musical direction, perfect storytelling. Across The Universe is a must-see, must-buy production. Be sure to watch all the special features!

Rated PG-13 (intense emotional situations, brief nudity, mild profanity)

See you in Strawberry Fields Forever!

Posted By LynnEllen | Feb 13, 2008

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?