Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Tha-Emissary Black Knight!

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

KingAce JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @Tha-Emissary

Thank You for responding to some of my comments following the poem. I apologize if my words were a bit misinterpreted. But what I meant about the eye contact thing is the fact that respect (or at least in America) comes from making eye contact. Every employer looks the employee in the eye when talking to them or when the interviewee is speaking to them. Eye contact is a simple form of respect and sometimes a good way to read people. This simple thing of simply looking somebody in the eye is something majority of the homeless don't recieve. What I was aiming at is if people cannot do something as simple as give eye contact to these people to even aknowledge them then there is no way people are going to want to tolerate them if they're in your face or eye to eye with you asking for work. In almost all cases I've seen homless people have the police called on them or are asked to leave the place of employment if they so much as step towards the door of the business. Maybe that's just where I live though. I thank you kindly for your input, I love to hear opinions as well as give reason to the opinions I produce.

Posted By KingAce | May 26, 2008
  1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    I think this type of mentality is why the world is at war with each other. Sorry - that type of machismo doesn't do it for me - And sadly enough - the people who do have the heart, courage, balls, tough-stuff to continue wading through the muck that humanity has put forth, generally succumb to that woe. And sadly enough - Society would still not care. Look at Jesus for instance (if you believe that type of thing... Apparently society and it's ton of shyt killed him cold dead as a stone...)

My thought process now turns to the words "benevolence and compassion" --- Sadly those definitives are missing in your statement EMISSARY - And frankly it's why the world will continue to war until there is nothing left, not even a cornerspot for the homeless man's box...

Jacquii.

KingAce JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I love the fact that this poem is making people think and causing an important discussion to take place. There are obviously strong opinions on the subject hopefully nobody gets too offended with everything....

Posted By KingAce | May 29, 2008

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?