Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Another Language

With needle-like fangs and razor claws,
    her nails-on-chalkboard voice,
    she flies through the air so gracefully,
    that I simply have no choice,
    but to admire all her beauty,
    her style and her flaws,
    while ignoring some of the havoc
    and the chaos she can cause!

She has a big Lab quaking with fear,
    a rottweiler in distress.
    A heavy boxer pussyfoots by,
    it makes me laugh, I confess.
    For she only weighs twelve pounds or so,
    all of it is attitude.
    She's feisty and mean, finicky too
    sometimes nice, but mostly rude!

Her walk is a strut, a proudful prance!
    Her haughty glare says it all!
    She's the ultimate of drama queens,
    and only ten inches tall.
    Although she bites me, still I love her,
    if you can imagine that!
    There's been many times, I've had this wish,
    that I could someday speak CAT!

Since my Poll about pets has been going so well, I thought you all might like to hear about my Sassy-cat!

Posted By Altree94 | Oct 8, 2006

~Serenity~ ~Pixie Princess~

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hehe i knew before i even finished - it had to be Sassy! great poem - as always :p i especially love the playful rhythm and how you wrapped it all up at the very end - keeps ya guessing :p

Smiles!,
    ~Serenity~

Posted By ~Serenity~ | Oct 8, 2006

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    TY Sweetie! Your comments on my stuff wouldn't happen to be just the littlest bit biased now, would they?! LOL! TTYL!

Posted By Altree94 | Oct 9, 2006
  1. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Ms Tree,

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! How did I not see this before!!! This is fantastic!!!!!! Everything about this poem is simply purrrr-fect! Let me know, if you ever break through and speak CAT!!!!!!! LOL!!!! The title and poem are such a unique combination. I never would have thought, that a poem about a cat would follow!!! I love the ending Ms Tree. You are a wonderful writer, and your range of diverse poetic writings shines through beautifully. This poem has all the right ingredients... humor, charm, cleverness, perfect meter, perfect rhyme, and oh boy, I could go on, and on! Bravo, my friend, bravo! You have done it once again!

P.S. I hope you feel better.....:sorry:

Painted
  2. Angelic

stardust JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hello Tree!! WOW!! WOW!! Your Poem is Awesome, dear!! I love CATS!! So, I love your PERFECT POEM. Where did you learn how to write so well, sweetheart?? I just can´t believe my eyes, to read how much beauty and perfection that come out of your Poem!! Your vocabulary is Outstanding!! I love it, with all my heart!! Tell your Cat that, I said "I love you, kitty!!" Hugs. Loving and Caring Always, from Stardust.:toot: :toot:

Posted By stardust | Oct 16, 2006

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    TY, PD! TY Starry!
    Wow - you two have me blushing!

I just wanted to describe my Sassy-cat so that others could get a mental picture of her. She's nearly 15 years old now and still thinks she's a kitten. I'm trying real hard to be just like her! She was born on my birthday and I'm pretty sure that she's used up 8 of her lives so far. She's the only one of my many pets that has been with me since birth. From your comments I guess I succeeded in letting everyone know how much I love her!
    Thanks again, to both of you for your comments! Now I'm just wondering if my helmet is still going to fit! LOL!

Posted By Altree94 | Oct 16, 2006

Mark Allinson New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, Tree.

I like your cat poem - especially the "nails-on-chalkboard voice".

I can hear it!

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    TY, Mark!
    Hope it doesn't remind you of anyone you know! LOL!
    Sassy, I think, is part Siamese - she has a very distinctive voice. Especially when I don't fill her food dish quick enough!
    Thanks again for your comments!

Posted By Altree94 | Oct 25, 2006
  3. Angelic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    HI Tree!! I say Hello to you today!! How are you doing, dear??...We have been on the Chat Room, but now, it just doesn´t happen. Why??...I wonder!!I would like to Chat with you from time to time. I love this Poem, and all your Poetry. You seem to be an "Expert in Poetry". Have you studied Poetry- Writing at College?? I wonder...In my case, I haven´t. You have excellent techniques to write a well-written Work of Art, dear. You achieved to master the Art of Writing!! It is Great!! I love ANIMALS!! So, when it comes to write about them, I usually stop and read it!! It could be a Story about Animals, or a Poem, or whatever Article is devoted to an Animal´s Life. I live with 6 cats. I wrote a little SONG for my feral female cat, Sonya. I called the song: "Sweet Sonya." People might think that, I am talking about a woman. However, they would be wrong, because I would have been talking about my feral female cat, Sonya. She is over 4 years old. I bottled-fed her, since she was a 15-day-old kitten. I did the same thing with all my other (homeless)feral cats. I Volunteer my Work to Help an Animal Shelter with Homeless Animals. I have just one Siamese left, among a Pack of 5. His name is Frank. He is so pretty and over 11 years old. My other 4 Siamese cats, and the best ones, have passed away. They had Kidney Failure. None of them were put to sleep. I was so SAD!! They died in my arms, except one, who passed away in the Vet´s Clinic. He was into a Comma, and only 8 years old. It is certainly too young to die!! I would like to write a SONG for My Favourite Female Siamese (Seal-Point) Cat, "DAISY", who was the first to die. She was 10 years old, and the mother of the other cats. She passed away a few days before the September 11th, 2001 -Terrorist Attack to the Twin Towers in New York. I was DEVASTATED!!.....I used to work in the "World Trade Center Area" for many years. Well, see you at the Forum, dear Tree. Glad to see you again!! Hugs. Sincerely, Stardust.:word_thankyou: :word_thankyou:

Posted By stardust | Oct 25, 2006

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Starry!
    I've been getting more hours at work lately so haven't had as much time to be here. When I do, it is usually waaaaay past YOUR bedtime! (and mine too, LOL!) But always glad to see you where ever I happen to find you! Drop me a PM sometime! It may take a day or two before I can reply - but I ALWAYS DO reply! Take care, my friend and I am just thrilled by your comments on my poems! Thank-you!

Posted By Altree94 | Oct 27, 2006
  4. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    HA! = AWESOME write MS TREE - fitting tribute for your finicky feline :yes: Now we must see a picture -

You know what's funny - I started reading this poem and I said to myself.... "BITCH!" LOL - I thought you were talking about one of my X-friends :p

Truly though - very lovely piece - the unforced rhyme really works fabulously. The flow is right on point!

Favorite lines:
    Although she bites me, still I love her,
    if you can imagine that!
    There's been many times, I've had this wish,
    that I could someday speak CAT!

Oh! How I wish I could speak and understand the beautiful languages of my animals! Very nice and original piece TREE - Thanx for sharing it with us!

Jacquii.
  5. Angelic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    HI TREE!! WOW!! I finally got an answer from you, sweetheart!! I was looking forward to reading your replies!! I like your ways, dear!! You are so special!! I appreciate indeed, your kind evaluations over whatever I say. "The countless virtues of my spirit glow in the morning breeze, looking for wings to fly in the deep blue sea." These are some words of a Poem I have written. I would like to share some of its words with you. You are an AWESOME POET, dear Tree!! You see, I am not a Professional Writer or Poet. I am just doing my best to improve myself, in the hard ability to writing well. It is difficult, though!! Believe me, sweetheart!! I take virtual Proficiency Lessons with an imaginary Shakespeare in my living-room. Haa Haa Haa!! I wish Shakespeare were my Teacher!! I would be a much better writer. Well, time will tell....Time is the only factor that concerns me at the moment. I am getting older, but not any younger. Although, I have a YOUNG HEART!! I am a Proud Grandmother!! Love talking to you, sweetheart!! My daughter and grandchildren live in New York. I wish I were with them!! I know, time will tell that I will,...to the end of my time. Bye for now, dear Tree!! Sincerely, Stardust.:sign_thanks: :sign_thanks:

Posted By stardust | Oct 27, 2006

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL @ Ms J!!
    You should know me better than that by now! Glad you liked it and TY for letting me know that you liked it!

LOL @ Starry!
    Hey my friend! You have replied to this poem 3 times now! LOL! I didn't think it was THAT good! All you have to do to hear from me is send me PM - I always answer those!
    TY!

Posted By Altree94 | Oct 28, 2006
  6. Angelic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    HI TREE!! I am sorry, dear!! I don´t want to bother you!!...I wish, I would only know how to send a personal message (PM) to you from this Forum. I only know how to make a Quick Reply to a Thread, or Post my own Poems, Stories or another Poet´s Poem. It is hard for me to surf around here. It seems like I always make a mistake...Perhaps, I should not reply. I do not know what to say...I am a polite woman and try to be nice. Bye sweetheart!! Hugs. Stardust.:rolleyes: :drinks:

Posted By stardust | Oct 28, 2006

Benny New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I loved this! My cat said to tell you she liked it very much also.

Posted By Benny | Oct 29, 2006

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Benny!
    I thank you and your cat both for your kind comments!
    Since I still haven't learned CAT, it's a good thing that Sassy understands both English and Mohawk! I could speak cat, I think, if I could only learn how to flatten my ears! LOL!

Starry, my friend - I will PM you. To get your PM's just click on the words at the top that say "UserCP". On the left side of the page that comes up is a box called Control Panel. In that box, click on the words "list messages" and there I will be! TTYL!

Posted By Altree94 | Oct 30, 2006

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?