Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Discussion in 'Spoken Word & Freestyle' started by Mysty, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Artistic

Mysty JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +52 / 0 / -0

Armageddon

A tempest fugue
    in the mind
    chaos rendering
    the will of time
    blown away

humility is enforced
    brought to its knees;
    souls at once
    enslaved; caged
    but not by choice

because
    temptations are enriched,
    sin sweetly beguiles
    and damnation is fulfilled

as always

evil perpetuates

©2008 Mysty Johnson

Posted By Mysty | Feb 15, 2008

2. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Mysty,

This is something here...I read it at least three times. It reads like a warning...like a past, present, and future must read. The title captured me and the content I could not even blink till the end. Not too much and just enough with massive imagery, punch and impact. This is lasting...awesome write Mysty.

Kimberly
  3. Artistic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Thank You Kim..... I'll admit is has something..... I am not truly sure of where it came from .... the first stanze was at night just before dropping off to sleep..... the 2nd after getting a discussion with my group lead at work..... seems I was misunderstood on a few things.... I had to clarify. So after listening to his accusations.... I gave my explanations but still felt upset that I was misunderstood and not taken right.

the last..... was on valentines day... we had a sweet potluck at work..... and me the diabetic... ;) ... but somehow they all came together and fit just right.... I really appreciate your comments Kim. They help me to see my work in a new light. And that is what I need to really appreciate my own work.

:hug::hug:

Posted By Mysty | Feb 15, 2008

JolieH JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It scares me some. LOL, but I like it.

Posted By JolieH | Feb 16, 2008
  4. Artistic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    You know Jolie.... it scares me too lol ... I do not understand where something like this came from in me

Mysty

Posted By Mysty | Feb 17, 2008
  5. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Resonant message indeed - and what an interesting take on the Armegeddon MYSTY. I like your writing because it's never what I think it might be and surprised am I to read the contents... There is actually a lot to interpret within this short poem. You present some ideas that are unique to Armegeddon because as I've always understood it - Armegeddon is the battle which will lead to an eventual fruition of revelations which brings about the cliched "peace on earth" --- Interesting take, your very last line: evil perpetuates

I say I have to agree with JOLIE = S-C-A-R-Y LOL --- But as always - a nice read that demands the reader to be both introspective and conscious of the world. (Hope that made sense....)

At anyrate - I thanx you for sharing your writing MYSTY!

Jacquii.

ps - What on earth inspired this write?

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Mar 12, 2008
  6. Artistic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Thank You Barry......

Thank you also Ms Jacquii....... I am not sure what inspired this.... a bad day at work possibly.... actually the 1st stanza came to me just before bedtime and I didn't write it down but the next day it kept bugging me. So at work I wrote it down....... then got pissed on by the boss so the 2nd stanza took off. The last..... it just came to me whilst I was unaware.
    I keep a notepad open on my computer at work and just jot down lines as they come to me and sometimes it is just there... I honestly do not know how some lines come to me. I have a line now that keeps repeating and I know it begs to be written. Will post it when I have.

Thanks again

Love Mysty

Posted By Mysty | Mar 12, 2008
  7. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Ah! 3 cheers for spontaneity - that's kewl that you jot down lines as they come.
    Looking forward to the next write you've talked about - sounds like it may very well be intriguing!

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Mar 14, 2008

mrsmajor New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A very interesting take on Armageddon, which is a very important part of the book of Revelation.

Your piece does put a very frightening aspect to what will be a period of time that should come to fruition in this generation.

The poem was well written, though frightening, I would have loved to read more of your interpertation of Armageddon.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...

Posted By mrsmajor | Apr 20, 2008
  8. Depressed

butchiesmom JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Wow, Mysty! The images in this are tangible! I love the first stanza! It pretty much describes the state of my mind most of the time! All joking aside, I could actually see everything in my mind!

Armageddon has been done to death, I think, but you've put a new take on it which is refreshing!

Great job!
    Gail

¤Me¤ New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very scary to me. But that's why I liked it ;) Once you've finished reading it, the words still haunt your memory. Fantastic :)

Posted By ¤Me¤ | Apr 24, 2008

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?