Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Discussion in 'Spoken Word & Freestyle' started by Muse, Jan 23, 2008.

Muse New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So as the description, I wrote this as part of a project, and I decided that since I haven't posted in awhile, I'd show this. I have 3 pictures so far to coordinate mildly with the poems, but for the most part, you have to mentally connect them. I may post those later somewhere if someone wishes to see them, but they aren't very good. Also there is the possibility of a 5th stanza, though I'm not sure if I really want to draw the picture.

Art Is…

Art isn’t just a drawing,
    Or layers of paint spread across canvas just right.
    It doesn’t need be smudge-free and crisp,
    Or have that hint of a shadow to contrast the light.

Art is a beauty that will never fade,
    Or lose its appeal.
    Anyone and everyone can relate in some way,
    The feeling it causes that is so surreal.

Art gives you a glimpse into the mind,
    May it be a stranger’s or yours.
    It’s there to make you think,
    Making sure your imagination soars.

Art is a series of emotions,
    Strewn out and left for interpretation,
    Meanings float about in the wind,
    And yours may not be that of its creation.

And ignore the pathetic attempts at rhymes :)

------------------------------------

So ehm, here are the pictures if anyone would like to look that far, they aren't the best examples of good looking art, but the focus is to be on the poem!

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Posted By Muse | Jan 23, 2008

1. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Serena,

This was simply exquisite, and I apologize for taking long to get to it. My mind went into many connections with all the stanzas, however, each stanza stands on its own canvas as well, and each would make a lovely painting. As an artist, writer, and poet, I find that this expressed allot of what we do and cannot express at times. Sometimes others cannot even see our art, although in front of them. This was so relaxing and enjoyable to read. No need to justify Serena..this "Art" is beautiful! Excellent rating and going in my favorites! :bravothanx:

Kimberly :)
  2. Artistic

Mysty JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Muse this has great merit .... To be able to describe art.. in words is very hard to do because art is personal to the viewer. But you have done what I, and a great many would have found impossible to do. Only one change I might suggest is here in this stanza

instead of float about .... I would say float aloft. Simply because there are still people today with no idea how to appreciate fine art and beauty. So the meanings float aloft ..

I want to say I have one favorite line out of all of them.... but I can't .. the WHOLE thing resonates with me . I love it completely as a whole. Thank You Muse :)

Mysty

Posted By Mysty | Feb 17, 2008

Muse New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you both of you. I don't think my art teacher appriciated it much though, since it was kind of against her idea of what "art" we should be doing there, especially the first stanza. Oh well, atleast I know it has some fans :)

Posted By Muse | Feb 18, 2008
  3. Artistic

Mysty JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Well Serena not all artists can see the colors and emotions in the written word.... Just be thankful you can hon :)

Posted By Mysty | Feb 18, 2008

Muse New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Mysty :)

Posted By Muse | Feb 20, 2008

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?