Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Discussion in 'Creative Traditional' started by Benny, Dec 25, 2006.

Benny New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Left with catalytic fears,
    she prefers to be alone;
    the story like a fungus grows,
    in person and by phone.
    No warning given at all
    of the never ending tears;
    nor of the feel of lonely
    from love held in arears.

To herself she questions self
    and all she thought she knew,
    fearing who she may become,
    now christened by abuse.
    You can knock upon her door
    but she won't allow you in;
    she sits alone in darkness,
    calling no one 'friend'.

He left after he was caught
    entwined in a lover's charms,
    mezmerized by new spent lust
    that pooled upon her arm.
    His words ran as liquid fire
    to explain away their past,
    leaving her again alone
    with burns and broken glass.

This work was written out of my own anger over the broken marriage of my best friend and her husband. Betrayal is never easily seen until it is found suddenly...

Posted By Benny | Dec 25, 2006

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Benny! Some of your anger came through in this but mostly I see a lot of empathy and some great insight also. Especially in these lines:

To herself she questions self
    and all she thought she knew,

It is hard to place blame on someone we love - no matter how deserving of it they may be. Rather than blame the one we love, we tend to look for excuses for him/her and turn the blame onto ourselves or those around us. Eventually though, there comes a time when we have to wake up to the truth.

Good write - and thanks for sharing!

Posted By Altree94 | Dec 26, 2006

Benny New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It usually takes two people to fail in marriage...I am sure this is not always the case...but to reflect honestly what one should have, could have done is one of the hardest things a broken heart can do.

Posted By Benny | Dec 26, 2006
  1. Angelic

stardust JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hi dear Benny!! I was looking for your poem, and I found it here. WOW!! I am so impressed by the truth of the words expressed, and so well conveyed in your message to the readers. I place myself into the poem, and I can understand what BETRAYAL is. I was betrayed so many times in my lifetime. So, I am not surprissed that it happens with other folks, as well. I like to play a fair play and with Justice for All. I am a Loyal Woman, and I expect the same in return. At times, I feel like to follow the Proverb: "An eye for an eye...", in my past relationships with men. God bless you, Benny!! Happy New Year 2007 with your loved ones!! Hugs. Sincerely, Stardust.:scores:

Posted By stardust | Dec 26, 2006
  2. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Benny,

Yes, a tough topic when a friendship is involved. Truly, I am so sorry, your friend went through this, yet it seems to be a broken record anymore. How noble of you to write to help heal the pain, for both of you. Great write, my friend.

~*Painted*~
  3. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Yep - tough topic no doubt - Broken record? Yep --- Scratched record where such deceit and betrayal is only played again and again and again and again...

Though this may be a bit cynical - Perhaps it's for the best that the ugly truth come out ... Perhaps the spurned lover can get somewhere else where the love that she has to offer can be truly appreciated, rather than spit upon like such snake venom...

Nice of you to share this poem with us BENNY - thanx,

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Dec 26, 2006
  4. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Benny,

You can't say it any better, than what Ms Jacquii said in that quote. Take Care.

~*Painted*~
  5. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Why thank you kindly MS KIM ;)

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Dec 27, 2006

Benny New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I agree completely. The truth can cut but never as deeply as denying it. I honestly do not know why partners do that to one another...if they are in love. If they are not in love, they are using one another anyway to get to where they are going in their lives...holding onto something in the mean time, I guess... I hate betrayal. Period.
    If one is unhappy in a relationship, they should respect the other enough to tell them the truth. What a wicked thing to do to someone you have led to believe a lie about one's relationship...it is sick and nothing loving is found in it.
    Yes, MsJ...it IS best to deal with the truth...what hurts about this relationship is he never said a word about being unhappy at all...perfect couple...wouldn't you know. The only reason he told her at all was that she caught them in the very act...then it was as if he began tearing down everything good about their marriage...hateful sentences. I think that is how he dealt with being caught redhanded... but it scarred her and forever changed her.

Posted By Benny | Dec 27, 2006
  6. Angelic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Dear Benny: I agree with you about not allowing betrayal of any sort in relationships. I believe in telling the truth, no matter how hard it is the truth. I believe in loyalty and caring from one another. I believe in good and everlasting relationships of all sorts. Perhaps, this is the reason why I have chosen animals, as my best friends. Humans have betrayed me so many times, and stubbed me in the back without problems. I have been hurt so badly, all the way in my lifetime. I have turned out to become a Lonely Woman, who prefers Isolation. Humans are the worst predators on Earth. Betrayal is part of human nature. Animals do not betray. They are loyal and everlasting, caring best friends. I have been through one marriage, plus 3 more live-in relationships. All failed...I do not trust men, nor humans. I do trust God and animals: my only true friends. Have a Healthy and Happy New Year 2007 with all your loved ones, including all your dear animals, Benny!! Thank you for sharing this lovely Poem!! Hugs and Love Always. Sincerely, Stardust.:clapping: :clapping:

Posted By stardust | Dec 29, 2006

ronn55 godschild

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The really sad part about these situations is that the innocent one begins to question themself with things such as Why me, Where did I go wrong, It's my fault' Was I man enough or Woman enough and the abuser will not accept responsibility. They need to blame to justify their actions. Just like in the Garden of Eden when Adam blamed the woman for something God told him not to do. When God said why did you eat the fruit. Adam said the woman you gave me caused me to eat also. Not only did he blame the woman but God also. The abuser will not escape from being abused, because we reap what we sew. Look at this as an opportunity to heal. Obviously this was the wrong person for your friend for we all sin and fall short. When the healing takes place be thankful that you and your friend are no longer bound in your heart by suspicion and doubt because the truth will set you free and to me it seems like you've been set free. Now emotionally it will take some time but with a little love and support even that will pass.:nono: :nono:

Posted By ronn55 | Dec 29, 2006
  7. Angelic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hello all!! I began to write My Memories. I call My Book: "MEMORIES OF A WOMAN." I obviously describe all kind of Abuses that men have caused into my life, like cheating, lying, beating me, insulting me, walking all over me, and leaving me crying in the streets all by myself, with a baby in my arms in a cold foreign land, and so on and so forth. I shall write it all...I shall say it all, and no matter what happens to me. I need to talk to the whole world. I do not care any longer. I am sick and tired of being mistreated, like a piece of trash. I should have been respected as a person, as a woman and as a mother. I shall never accept BETRAYALS of any kind. Thank you for sharing this wonderful Poem, Benny!! Happy New Year 2007 with all your loved ones!! Hugs. Sincerely, Stardust.:word_thankyou:

Posted By stardust | Dec 30, 2006

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?