Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Sally Roberts Forestdawn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I don't normally air my unpleasant feelings to others.. But I need to vent today.

It's c-c-c-cold in here and I'm sick of being poor!

I am a stay at home mom/homeschool teacher for our 9 year old daughter. My hubby is on social security. we live on a limited income. we get free food from the welfare office. My hubby cannot work anymore because of his arthritis, and since I want our daughter to get a better education than the public schools can provide, I need to teach her myself. which I have been doing for three years now. (which is free service from her online school, Connections Academy)

The gasoline prices are so high I would be paying the gas company all my monies if I were to go back to work. We live so far out in the country the trip to town and back everyday on a job would not be worth it.

So being on a limited budget, we rob Peter to pay Paul (so to speak.)
    We manage to pay all the monthly bills each month but aren't able to stay warm this year. we have not enough to heat our home to stay comfortable, so we must wear heavy coats, mittens, wooly hats and two pairs of socks everyday during these winter days.

We had a gas heater last year but the prices of propane went way beyond our means so we had to turn it off. We was going to buy a wood burning stove this year, but the railroad company took the $200.00 we was going to buy the stove with. We have a private railroad crossing by our house we have to pay $200.00 a year for. And since they won't take partial payment we were screwed.

I wanted so much to have donated some funds toward this wonderful JPiC Fourm but felt bad when I couldn't. I thank all of you who have continued to support this community of writers.

So that's it I've aired my dirty laundry for all to see. It's c-c-c-cold in here and I am just sick and tired of being poor!!!!!

Thank you for letting me vent.

Blessings

fpoetic New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Life throws you curved balls sometimes..and it sucks :(

Posted By fpoetic | Jan 19, 2008
  1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    I hear ya MS SALLY - It's supposed to be 16 degrees in Tennessee this morning --- oops - scratch that --- It IS 16 degrees already and it is definitely cold in here. The gas prices as you mentioned are absolutely ridiculous - We didn't get the gas cut on this season because of those prices... We thought to have just 1 incredibly expensive electricity bill than 1 incredibly expensive electricity bill AND 1 incredibly expensive Natural gas bill - So I can certainly understand your rant.

And don't dare worry about not having the money to contribute to the Community - I know I don't LOL ---- But instead - just think about all the love, respect and posts you've contributed! That counts too ya know.

Anyway - hope things get better for ya ;)

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jan 20, 2008

Sally Roberts Forestdawn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    fpoetic: :) Yes, life throws us curve balls throughout our lives, that we must deal with. and as we vent, our friends are near by to anchor us through the rough patches. Thanks so much for your comment.

MsJacquii: Thanks so much for your continued support. Without you and all my writer friends here at JPiC I feel so loved. I wouldn't have dreamed of taking my blinders off and showed my raw nakedness of woe, if I didn't know that everyone was so loving.
    I know things will get better soon. Winter will be over and the Spring will bring out the beauty Mother Nature hides. And then I can moan and groan about how hot Summer is with no air conditioning. LOL Thanks for taking the time to listen when I blew my cork. :)

Blessings
  2. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    ROFL - you are so silly tehehehe
    I was just thinking that earlier... "Can't please everyone" :p
    But then again - I do like winter ((wish we could get some snow though))
    The difference is - you can always like ADD layers - but you can't necessarily walk through the streets with your boobs flapping in the wind :p --- That's my winter v. summer argument :LOL:

Glad you feel so loved here MS SALLY - That's the entire point of JPiC - even though some of us can be "overly gushy" LOL

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jan 20, 2008
  3. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Sally,

I hear ya about the electric bill! It is a bear at times! LOL @ the Summer moaning also...yup tis coming soon. We are here for each other Sally as you well know, and sometimes it is best just to let it out. I tell ya...being part of this community is the best thing that has happened to me. We really care and are genuine. The friendships that we have built here are probably unmatched on any other site...(I would not know...lol...I only wake up and go to bed with JPiC..lol). You have contributed in so many ways, so don't ever think for a moment to feel bad..ever. You make a difference on this site and Sally...in our lives. Love ya!

Kim ;)

leaddoginteriors CON-FUSALED

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well Salley, there is always alaska.lol
    My point being (besides a lame attempt at humor) that though your circumstance are grim, around the corner, in the next city, or another country there is ugly everywhere; except in your own heart. Public schools are not perfect, but the social experiences i gained from them save me daily in reflection. Do not hide yourself or your children because of finances, beauty is always free!! and if you focus too much on the cold it will make you bitter. And by the way you have a very important asset some do not, a family. Hope you feal warmer now, oh its not -15 here anymore. Its a whopping 20.
  4. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    3 cheers for beauty! :goodpost:

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jan 23, 2008

Sally Roberts Forestdawn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you all for your support and love. and for waking up my reality sences. I am thankful of all I have now.

Many years ago, I was homeless living in a holey tent by the side of a river. catching fish with a stick, fishing line and a diaper pin.
    Now I have a home and a family. Yes I am thankful.
    It takes things like that to wake up and smell the coffee.

However it's snowing again and it's c-c-c-cold Burr.
    Thanks everyone for your comments. It DOES warm the soul. :)

Blessings

zaac Banned

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    and then there is the element of faith, grace, and prayer. i'm not nearly in the same shoes you are, but it's tough and i can really understand. am having to change careers and now a student but can't work full time. and i have a daughter.

i will remember you every day,

david

Posted By zaac | Jan 27, 2008
  5. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Sally,

I came back to say that I am thinkin' of you and love ya. It was nice to see people not mention all their problems in their response, as this is about you. If they did, I know you would lend them your ear (eye)...just nice to see nonetheless.

Kim :)
  6. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I second the motion for the 3 cheers Ms Jacquii and Pb....beautifully said indeed!

Kimberly :)
  7. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Well - my Mama's in the hospital and I'm getting over a treacherous chest cold - it's still cold in the house cause the only heater we have is in the living room - and to top it off - I have my little fan blowing air, as I love the murmur it makes - it's like a peaceful sound... But yeah - glad that everyone didn't start bitching about their problems in your thread MS SALLY :LOL: tehehehhe

Anyway - Love's ya and will try to get you in on the next tag poem ;)

Jacquii.

Sally Roberts Forestdawn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Wishing you all love , blessings and good health.
    I hope you get well from your chest cold MsJacquii, and that your mother gets out of the hospital soon.

Thanks to all my JPiCans friends!!

Blessings

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?