Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Discussion in 'Creative Traditional' started by LW Barker, Jul 14, 2006.

LW Barker New Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wrote a few words - exploded into a book
    Fame came next - then celebrity.

Now privacy is gone - forever more!
    For everything I do is under a probe.

I wish I could return to the days of old
    Where times were simple, and life was grand
    Oh what a plan - escaping the glamour and glitz of celebrity.

Posted By LW Barker | Jul 14, 2006

1. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hi L.W.,
    After I read this little masterpiece, I said to myself, hmmmm, "How Strange"?
    (Your poem is NOT strange) What I mean is, most folks do all they do to reach celebrity status, then it was a reality piece explaining how "GRAND" life was before. So that simple "GRAND" life that I currently lead really is a "CELEBRITY" life, when one counts their blessings. I never would have thought this until this mind provoking poem came along. BRAVO!!!! Loved it!!!!

Much Luv'...~*Painted Diary*~
  2. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Oh how very true! Hey LW - 1st welcome to JPiC Forum - if you haven't done so already - feel free to introduce yourself via the Member Introductions section ;)

2nd - This poem is really very well put together. I can certainly relate, as I fancy myself a "personality" of sorts in my hometown in Tennessee :yes: I'd rather the simplicity of merely shopping for socks minus all the hubbub and "noticing" - but hey - nobody ever said the life of a celeb personality was easy... Actually anything BUT easy...

Anyway there's something to be said about the "days of old" and simplicity that you poem speaks of... Oh to have privacy once again LOL

Thanx for sharing this poem
    I thoroughly enjoyed the read!

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jul 15, 2006

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?