Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

1. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0

Hey Everyone,

I would like to ask a question without any explanation and see what type of responses I get, if I may.

The question is.....If someone asked you what you thought the "SOUL" and the "SPIRIT" of a Saxophone :sax: , and a Piano :grandpiano: "LOOKED LIKE", what would you say? What do you envision?

Please, provide a detailed (as much as you can) description for the "Soul" and the "Spirit" of both the "Saxophone" and the "Piano", if you can.

Thank you for your help---->{{{{~~~~***PAINTED***~~~~}}}}

alanmdouglas ALAN the JPiCan of Grumps Royalty

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The soul of a saxophone is a vibrant and multi-coloured soul
    a spirit of life, raw, emotive, breathing, screeching, howling
    loving, living, vibrant and true. Illogical, free, reed-split and therefore infinitely diverse.

SOUL MUSIC

The soul of a piano is ancient, it speaks of pre-history,
    of wisdom, the very essence of vibrancy
    that is life in all its colors and all of its glory

It is deadly serious, deep and unmoveable,
    at the same time can be completely flippant,
    outrageous, tinkly with flipperty-gibbet nonsense
    and a deep sense of rhythm

The piano is truly the grand-daddy of all music,
    the outpouring of life, as she is.

Alan
  2. Cool

nomadicrhymer JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Homework, Kim??LOL

When envisioning the spirit of a saxophone the first thing that came to mind was Joie de Vivre.
    I’m not good at this stuff…sounds like something more up your alley J

A super sexy “mother-earth” type lady, standing, commanding attention – holding a heart and breathing “life” upon and into it. Musical notes exiting out of the heart into a maelstrom…then on a little farther into a mellow breath of wind. Paint little faces on them or color them differently to show various types of emotion representing the greatness of life, which includes all the ups and downs…because it forces you to FEEL the Passion! whether it’s good or bad. Don’t know…maybe that’s kinda childish, but you asked!

Soul - the soul of a saxophone is it’s blower – it takes mastery to capture the soul of the sax, which translates into the blower’s will. A part man, part sax I think is what I’m seeing, because you can’t separate the two…without the man, the sax would be just another lump of metal.
    He pushes the emotion into and thru the instrument, effectively creating whatever ambiance he WILLS upon the audience. The soul is the life history of the player, the dreams dashed and hopes fulfilled.

The piano’s soul is much more solid. I would liken it to a deep-rooted strong, wide tree trunk because it’s immovable while being played, and it supports and houses the notes and strings. The notes are like the leaves which are blown and make music when the wind touches them. If I were more artistic I’m sure I could do better with this, but there it is…

the Piano’s Spirit I see as playful cherubs or imps/fairies in the air darting hither and tither, shooting into the sky and rebounding, laughing, dancing and tumbling upon and over each other – and that’s because I mostly listen to “happy” piano music.

Whew, that was hard! Do I get a "B" at least, Teach!??? :sweating: LOL!!
    :trombone:

Nomad
  3. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Thank you both for taking precious time to read and for responding to this question, as it is extremely important to me. I love what is before me, and I will post an update next week!!!!! Thank you so much!!!

{{{~~**KIM**~~}}};)2

Sally Roberts Forestdawn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Wow what a question!

The spirit of a sax and piano.

Okay I'll give it a try.

The spirit of a sax/piano is indeed like what Nomad said. The instrument's music of the soul/spirit is made up entirely from the player. Since there is so many different types of music that can be played on both of these instruments. There will be many differences in the spirits/souls.

Examples: If jazz is played on the sax or piano, then the spirits/souls may be uplifting and excited. If they were played in a style of Country/Western then they could be sort of sad or unfullfilled. If however they were played in a style of Rock and Roll then they may be wild or energetic.
    I believe it depends on the players' muses that helps them create the music to which they are playing.

That's my two cents worth. :)
  4. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    hmmm - I'd imagine both similar to the pomegranite actually - hard exterior with a palpable and genuinely unique interior. Something that both smells sweet and metalic at the same time. Something that actually TASTES genuinely unique :)

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Apr 22, 2007
  5. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Ms Roberts, and Ms Jacquii for taking precious time to read and to comment, as this is EXTREMELY important to me. I will analyze and incorporate ideas when I finalize my plans for all of my artwork. Thank you sooooooo much, and I am honored of your responses.

{{{{{~~~***KIM***~~~}}}}};)

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?