Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kit Carson, Jun 9, 2007.

Kit Carson JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Darkness flows
    From dream to dream
    As the White Knight tilts
    His windmill at the rabbit
    Who's late for a very important date
    The black dots converge
    In a triangular form
    The past now is gone
    The future forgotten
    The one you is I
    And the rest are all losers
    The darkness flows
    From point to point
    As the Silver Surfer bangs
    His head on the boundary
    This world has gone crazy
    Where the hell does that leave me?
    Darkness flows
    From dot to dot
    I thought I knew who I was
    Sometimes I'm sure I'll
    Never know
    How darkness flows
    Through my veins

Posted By Kit Carson | Jun 9, 2007

1. Artistic

Mysty JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    WOW .... that is some darkness..... very deep and well written ..I like this piece very much Kit. Awesome write :D I quite like it. Thanks for sharing... giving this a 5 star.

Posted By Mysty | Jun 9, 2007

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Misty-I could try to explain it for hours and I'm not sure I could or that anyone would believe it-This one is so real it scares me! I'm glad you liked it. I wrote it in 1984 about an incident from 1977. I'm glad it still has power, I would guess that is because I was trying to describe something beyond ordinary description.

Posted By Kit Carson | Jun 9, 2007
  2. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    hmmmm - this is an interesting read KIT - Seems there's a lot going on in this piece - don't know if I quite grasp it - but looks like references to Alice In Wonderland? May be reading to literally - but the passage highlighted above is quite puzzling to me...

I like the abstract style.
    Thanx for the sharing.

ALSO - if you may - care to explain just a bit what this poem is about?

Thanx,

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jun 29, 2007

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, right. Alice in Wonderland, Don Quiote, and Camalot. The Silver Surfer[ first appeared in Spiderman Comics, hey he's in the lastest movie I hear, haven't seen it yet. There, that explains it, what else you need. A friend handed me a pinkish/red pill and said here, try this. The street name was strawbwerry fields, I was told later it was synthetic mesceline developed in Canada. Mesceline is a very powerful halucanigen and if that's what they were going for, they suceeded. The walls breathed, vibrated, became concave and convex. Colors blended into each other but not as intense as with LSD. One consistant during the whole adventure was the presence of three black dots in a trianglular shape in front of my eyes or in my head, take your pick. So some of this is literal and some is not and of course always more to tell. Intense is what I felt and what I was aiming for in poem.

Posted By Kit Carson | Jun 29, 2007

Checkmate Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    great post mike...like the trippy acid feel to it...had to snap out the trance when i finished...thanks for sharing

Posted By Checkmate | Jun 29, 2007
  3. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Kit,

Indeed an intense and powerful journey that left memories and lessons learned. Many can relate. I must have read this ten times. Each time the intensity rose. Emotion jumped off the screen. The imagery was so vivid and played in my mind like a trip in a blackhole, spinning, and no way out. But you did find a way out, and that is the beauty of the message as well. Thank you for sharing this Kit. You draw your audience in from beginning to end with your poetry. Amazing.

Kimberly

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

First, I got so busy explaining or trying that I forgot to say thank you Jaquii for your kind comments. This is another poem from my U.S.S. Forrestal period. A very different ship , coast and time than the Leahy years, but no less intense. You haven't seen the more intense ones yet. I was on every drug imaginable then and it started on Forrestal. Is anyone surprized by the fact that I only find one poem written during the four years I was in the Navy?
    Scott, my friend, think you very much for your comments and trust me I don't have to imagine what an acid trip is like!
    Kim, again thank you so much for your comments and support! Yes, I think this is very much a companion piece to higher or lower, but I have not to this day figured out the three dots in triangular form and one thing I don't mention and haven't ever mentioned is that there were three triangles for a total of nine dots.

Posted By Kit Carson | Jun 29, 2007
  4. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Thanx for the explanation KIT - Really appreciate that and now the poem makes so much more sense - It's like a dark ode to inebriated bliss LOL - Powerful imagery no doubt - Again - Thanx for the sharing!

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jul 1, 2007

JolieH JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    At least you have an explanation for your crazy... Fairy tales on an acid trip... lol
    That's a heck of a way to warp your mind, but beautiful too in a sense to experience reality in such extremes.

Posted By JolieH | Apr 27, 2008

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For sure...no argument here.

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?