Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Jims Inn Jims Inn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I go through the motions of being alive
    no not living for there is no life or
    light at the end of this tunnel.
    home alone in my room sitting … staring
    at flickering meaningless scenes hearing
    without listening … speaking without saying.

Others complain saying: "pull yourself together
    and for gods sake go and see your doctor",
    so I nod my head … smiling to please them
    and they leave thinking they've helped me
    to "get my head together", leaving me alone
    to think of many ways to get my head apart.

Loneliness leads me to the solution and the way
    out of it all … hosepipe … windows shut … mind
    shut … pills swallowed … turn the key …scent of
    death and a door opens that should have been locked
    dragged into fresh air and to the doctors rooms and
    psychiatric faces and hopefully endless oblivion.

Sweet women in white … stern men with beards
    "carbon monoxide count sixteen is bad cos
    twenty's usually fatal you know so it could be
    at least three or four weeks at least and why
    didn't you call us jim and warn us jim cos
    you know we could have helped … we tried".

Medicate … tranquilize and close your eyes
    red white and blues for breakfast lunch supper,
    "wanna talk about it now … wanna say why?
    group therapy is good and the only way to go
    you know … they've all been there and back
    and no we can't just let you die you know."

Psychi … psychol … psycho beings asking about
    sex and drawings … talk … interpret and more
    pills so you can function but how do I when
    all I do is sleep … sleep …sleep and wish
    I would never wake up again ever in this world
    in this meaningless useless fucking world?

Posted By Jims Inn | Sep 19, 2007

1. Cool

nomadicrhymer JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jims Inn...a very depressing piece here...and it takes you through the thought processes in a very detailed manner...I like that, although I don't like the subject (lol! even though I write about it myself) I guess because it somehow encroaches a feeling of failure upon us, and others, who either didn't see clearly enough, or didn't really want to be bothered, or didn't know things were "that bad" the it would end this way.

There is a real feeling of hopelessness to the poem since apparently many are trying, but just not hitting the right button? No will to live is present, or no reason I should say...

very well written overall and a good "story"...and I hope that's all it is...I feel that there is a reason we are on earth, and sometimes maybe being less selfish with our own mishaps and actually seeking to learn what that is may give us a purpose (I know a lot of people feel that's a load of crap...LOL!) but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Nomad

Jims Inn Jims Inn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi nomad ... only a person who suffers from depression understands ... i say suffers as opposed to suffered because i believe that just as an alcoholic is one drink away from being drunk their whole life ... a person suffering from depression is one bad day away from being depressed ... the poem is true ... every line ...

fortunately i no longer wish to end my life ... instead i take one day at a time and never ever waste my energy worrying about things over which i have no control ... like tomorrow or next week or next month or next year

thanx for understanding and

luv ya!

Posted By Jims Inn | Sep 19, 2007
  2. Cool

nomadicrhymer JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jim...no wonder it was so excellently expressed...and I am very glad to hear that you are having better days now...one day at a time, I feel, is the only way to go...otherwise it encourages us to wallow in self-pity (I am not immune myself if I think too far ahead!) about "what WILL we do"! if so and so happens, or if this doesn't happen...etc. I really try not to worry about how the kids will go to college, or how I will pay for birthday parties, or sometimes I used to freak out about how I would pay for groceries...although I could always find something to scrape together out of the cupboard...I try now to embrace the Word where it says "neither worry about what you will put into your belly or what you will put on your back"....I think WORRY itself is a disease and an addiction and a hard one to break.

Thanks for the poem!

Nomad
  3. Artistic

Mysty JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Hey Jim..... anytime you need to talk..... shout at me hmm I have been there too... so many times I have lost count. I am happy now. Happy with me .... because that is ultimately who I am responsible for..... just me. This doesn't mean I can't help friends or family. I do frequently. I would like you to consider me a friend. Ok?

:hug:

Mysty

Posted By Mysty | Sep 20, 2007

JolieH JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey, sign me up for that friends list. Sometimes life gets pretty tough for me too. I try to fight off depression, but some days I feel like I'm trying to climb out of a greased bowl, and everyone acts like it should be simple. They could walk right out- no problem. But, they aren't single with kids - no fathers around to help at all. My mother is gone, and my father lives in another state. They had some great job handed to them, so they and think life works like that for everyone. I think, if they had my shoes on, they would suicide, or they would be complaining and crying all the time. I have hope and plans for a better future, but things are on hold in my life.

Posted By JolieH | Sep 20, 2007

missc New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    damn! That was different and wierd for me. It was like a lifetime movie. I know it is real and I hope you don't get offended but it is as well written as a movie. it took me through your struggle. To be honest, I feel like no one really understand my struggle either. Your thoughts are not different, in fact there ever so common to almost every human being. But, your coping and thought process is different to me. Extremely interesting to me. I think we all have those "fuck this shit" days! Alot of times I think to myself, "heaven will be so much better. I am so glad I am saved and know that I am destined to go to a better place with no worries, sadness, disappointment, lonliness, every emotion human beings hate to feel. I only differ from you because everytime I begin to swim in the pool of despair, lonliness, hopelessness, or pity, and start to drown, GOD is my lifeguard and once he see that I am drowning he takes out of the water, resuscitate me, and life goes on with renewed love, appreciation, and new found hope. Sorry to get religious but it is the truth. I don't care if people judge me. I am not perfect and I curse and guess what I am still going to heaven and God still loves me. I am his child. And so are you. We are sister and brother. Try religion, believing in a higher power, it works! Holla at me (or in less urbane words PM me anytime).

Posted By missc | Sep 21, 2007

Jims Inn Jims Inn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yo missc ... how can i ever be offended when you write such a beautiful critique? if your God and your religion is your thing ... then you go girl ... its your democratic right as a member of the human race ... what do they say "different strokes for different folks" ...

i am not a religious person but i will defend your right to be religious and luv your God to the death ... well not quite to the death but i'll cheer you on ...

luv ya!

jim

Posted By Jims Inn | Sep 21, 2007
  4. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Jims Inn,

There is so much I want to say...been there....I am happy you found balance and a way to manage. Count me in to as a friend. As far as poetic expression, this is beautifully expressed and executed Jims Inn. One day at a time.....

I have read a good number of your pieces and your range as an artiste is outstanding.

Much love to ya...

PD :)

Jims Inn Jims Inn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thank you so much pd ... i would be so pleased to have you as my friend

luv ya!

jim

Posted By Jims Inn | Sep 21, 2007

Aumakua Misunderstood

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OMG I understand this poem fully. I suffered/still suffer from major depression TT.TT It's been two years and depression is really horrible, but ironically i can only write my poetry when i'm depressed. Bah, the irony xD Anyway i really love the poem because it expresses all the feelings you feel in depression and it's just amazing. I really don't have many words for it as everythings already been said. Great job :D

Posted By Aumakua | Sep 22, 2007

Jims Inn Jims Inn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi riha ...

just as is the case with the common cold, medical science has no cure for depression ...

hate to say this to sweetheart you cos you're so young ... but depression is for life ... there are only varying degrees of suffering but no cure ... oddly enough the times i felt the least depressed was when i was among depression sufferers in the clinic ..

if you ever feel really really depressed just pm me and i'll do all i can to help you ...

luv ya!

jim

Posted By Jims Inn | Sep 22, 2007

Aumakua Misunderstood

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    =O People lied to me then D: I was told it had a cure o_O

Oh well =|

Sou kaa, arigatou ^^

Posted By Aumakua | Sep 23, 2007

Bear JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Beautifully expressed Jim and I totally understand
    handshakes
    bear

Posted By Bear | Sep 24, 2007

Jims Inn Jims Inn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanx very much bear

jim

Posted By Jims Inn | Sep 24, 2007

Benny New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dark thoughts of dark times...good write...great insight into depression's hell.

Posted By Benny | Sep 24, 2007

Jims Inn Jims Inn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanx very much benny ..

jim

Posted By Jims Inn | Sep 24, 2007

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?