Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

HeddgieBedgie New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0

In my office, a wall was built to separate workers at a higher level from workers at a lower level. Previously, the two classes of workers could freely interact. Now lower ranking workers must enter the higher ranking worker's section through a door, where they are greeted by a receptionist. Musing on the absurdity of this and other "walls," (including those that can and those that cannot be seen - I was in Berlin when that wall was demolished and in Russia when the Iron Curtain crumbled) prompted these observations about how accepting or ignoring the existence of a wall just strenthens it. Whether a wall physcally exists or is a mere illusion of ideology, its existence depends upon our collective reaction to it.

This Wall
    (c) A. Minter 2012

Walls are built by men, no doubt,
    To keep some in or others out.
    This wall's no different from the rest.
    Its not the worst; its not the best.
    Its how we react, when walls are found,
    That strenthens them or tears them down.
    • Love Love x 2

1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +132 / 1 / -0
    Hello HeddgieBedgie and welcome back. Nice to see you posting.

What a brilliant little piece of wisdom you've shared here. My reaction to "walls" of the "figurative" type is generally to be offended and tear them down whilst under the spell of fury. I think if more people would have such a reaction, there'd have been no need for the existence of Berlin's wall; no need for the figurative walls that have been erected to separate classes of people. Perhaps in these context, "wall" is only a synonym for "war"

I do suppose if you subscribe to creationism of the Christian variety, then walls have existed since the beginning of time -- Adam & Eve walled away from the secret of the tree of life, whilst the serpent slithered --- thus I wonder if our righteous fury/indignation at the concept of 'equally separated' should be aimed at the Creator...? Who knows.

But I found this short poem both provocative and inspired. Thanks for the share!

J.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Feb 26, 2013
  2. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +132 / 1 / -0
    BTW - Hope you don't mind - but I added part of the preface and the entire poem content in the JPiC Potent Quoteables.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Feb 26, 2013
  3. Digging it

JONATHAN living not existing.

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +76 / 1 / -0
    this is righteous .. I'm in awe :wow:

Posted By JONATHAN | Mar 1, 2013
  4. Confused

Wind WindXSaul

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +22 / 0 / -5
    This was wonderful!

Posted By Wind | Oct 13, 2013

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?