Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

[Beautiful+Danger] Devious

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Now a great movie to get into is Donnie Darko. It's got such a deep and scientifically interesting plot, as well as some gloomy moments. Overall Jake Gyllenhaal does a great job in this film. Also in this movie, playing his sister, is Jake's real-life sister Maggie Gyllenhaal. Two fantastic actors in an extraordinary film. (Also stars Drew Barrymore as a teacher at the highschool). See it.

[IMG]

1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Thanx for the review BEAUTIFUL - looks interesting.
    btw folks ---> it's available at Amazon.com - Original Soundtrack & the Novel as well:

<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=jpicforumforw-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=B00006G8O1&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=jpicforumforw-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=0571221246&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=jpicforumforw-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=B0002XMF2G&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Oct 23, 2006

NeyNey What If...

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lol I just watched this again last night~! My hubby owns the dvd.
    YEah, a very good movie..

I love shows that stand out from the rest, and this sure does.

Posted By NeyNey | Nov 2, 2006

BaliDoll New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is one of my top five favorite movies. Everytime you watch it I think it's possible to get something new out of it, if not a better understanding of the story, just something new to think about. It's a movie that certainly takes more than one- even two- viewings to completely understand I think. Which I personally always love a movie that makes you think like that :]

Posted By BaliDoll | Nov 7, 2006
  2. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Well...... to be honest: the 1st viewing I must have totally not got lol - It's one of those movies that you have to be in a mood to psychoanalyze OR be totally and completely and utterly drunk to understand... Fortunately I'm always in the mood to psychoanalyze :moon:

Nice film - beautifully made!

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Nov 8, 2006

Hugh New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think I am one of the only people who has not seen this movie or had a desire to see it. I saw it at block buster the other day, but did not choose to rent it. What is it about, what is all the hype about this movie? Take care, Hugh

Posted By Hugh | Apr 20, 2007

BaliDoll New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How to describe donnie darko.. hmm..

Well the basic premise is there is a boy who has a "dream" of this rabbit, frank, and frank tells him the end of the world is 28 days and some odd hours away. Donnie is pretty unstable to begin with so he doesn't find it *too* strange that he sees this rabbit everywhere. Anyway, uh, frank tells him to do things.. and tells him about this tangent universe and stuff so donnie starts to study about the alternate times and planes all around us and.. well you find out he's not really so much "dreaming" frank up I guess...

I don't know how to explain this movie, you just have to know it's amazing story telling. Watch the director's cut if you do watch it because the theatrical release does not do it justice.. at all.

Posted By BaliDoll | Apr 20, 2007

Aste Intellectual Teen

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [IMG]
    I agree! Great movie. It hasta be in my top ten, probabully even in the top 5. :3 Gotta love Drew Berrymore in this film and Jake Gyllenhaal was fantastic!
    [IMG]

Posted By Aste | Jul 13, 2007

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?