Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0

Hello ALL - This is a slideshow I did for erikestabrook and appears on his website at ErikEstabrook.com He wanted a poetry recital featuring his poem Emerse Me In September so he commissioned me to do it for him. I'm quite fond of the poem and happily obliged. In fact I wanted to do a little something extra-special for him.

The ultimately country voice you hear reciting the poem is Yours Truly [IMG] - The music is a fabulous piece by Hans Zimmer from the original motion picture soundtrack The Last Samurai, aptly entitled A Small Measure of Peace. The slideshow was created using a host of audio applications and Photo Story Platinum.

[EDITED - Uploaded to YouTube... CLICK HERE To view the quality flash version in IE...] The slideshow unfortunately plays best in Internet Explorer (I so hate IE... [IMG]) --- So please play in IE to hear the recital or click the mp3 to play simultaneously with the slideshow. This isn't really a "Freestyle" type poem - but has more of a somber tone with the accompanying music... Hope you enjoy the slideshow recital!

Jacquii.

JPiC Forum MP3 Player

Click The Button Above To Play   Emerse Me In September by Erik Estabrook

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Apr 2, 2008

2. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    E-DIZZY - the more I hear this performance and see the slideshow in all it's glory - the more I appreciate your poem - I'm quite enamored of this one - I think it's one of our finest collaborations if I do say so myself!

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Apr 3, 2008

erikestabrook JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    slideshow

no msJ its the finest collab,

and hopefully you've forgot bout the other collab by now lol
  3. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Um - forgotten I have :blush2: -- Am I supposed to have forgotten? :p

Jacquii.

ps - Figured out I could have made the slideshow into video instead of flash - may edit your site a little later so it plays for all webbrowsers - the thing is - The file is HUGE - like 55 Megabytes... ALSO - posted it on YouTube as well - I wonder if it gets comments LOL ---> YouTube - Emerse Me In September

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Apr 5, 2008

Moonchild Moon Goddess of Whispers

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Oh wow, beautiful sounds, colors, pictures and above all words!
    This is an exquisite presentation that captures nature and poetry at it's finest.
    A treat for the senses. I so very much enjoyed this entire package and MsJacquii
    your voice was beautiful and added that special touch to it. Outstanding collab you two!

Posted By Moonchild | Apr 5, 2008
  4. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    :blush: Thanx so much KAREN for your lovely comment
    I've always thought it a little weird, my voice - especially hearing it played back
    But I do actually like this recital - And I'm super-excited that you do too!
    Wonderful poetic love you've given = Thanx - Glad you liked the slideshow recital ;)

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Apr 6, 2008
  5. Angelic

stardust JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    OH, WOOOWWW!!! Ms. Jacquii and Erik, you have done a superb and remarkable job with this Video-Poem. I am standing in awe. I just can´t believe what my eyes are reading and seeing. Only "Beauty" comes from this poem and Video presentation.
    You are both amazing and outstanding poets, Ms. Jacquii and Erik.
    CONGRATULATIONS!! Thank you for sharing this beauty with us!!
    Warm Regards,
    Starry.:sign_thanks::yes:

Posted By stardust | Apr 6, 2008
  6. Depressed

butchiesmom JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    OMG! I finally was able to view and hear this lovely piece! The combination of Erik's words coming from Jacquii's voice was fantastic. "Emerse me in September..."

I could 'see' the kids in their costumes popping up on the porch, the leaves swirling in the wind around them.

Amen!

The imagery! I could hear and see! Wow!

Jacquii, this is the best way to illustrate the somberness and vivid imagery of this fantastic poem!

Erik, I've never been more proud of you!

hugs,
    Gail

Posted By butchiesmom | Apr 6, 2008
  7. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    :wow: MS STARRY & MS GAIL - I thank you very much for your enthusiastic responses! I'm so happy YAWL like the recital/slideshow (I like the term Video-Poem STARRY :yes3: ) --- I tell ya - the 1st time I read this poem - I just imagined all the vividry (vivid imagery) and to see it come together with all the slideshow images is so nice to me... When ERIK commissioned the video recital - The 1st poem I thought of was Emerse Me In September - It's a special poem to me also because my September is my birthmonth...

Anyway - Glad YAWL like - it makes all the work so much worthwhile to hear such lovely responses!

JAcquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Apr 6, 2008

zaac Banned

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    uhhh...

wasn't sure how to say this, but it is spelled immerse not emerse. the e in emerse would etymologically lend itself to a withdrawing from a group. not trying to be picky, but i'm anal about spelling.

nice piece

z

Posted By zaac | Apr 7, 2008
  8. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    UGH!

:sign_different:

hmmmm - how interesting that you would ZERO in right on an interesting idiosyncrasy - I think you may have a point - but after doing a bit of an exhaustive web search - I've found that "emerse" and "immerse" have been used interchangeably:

Definitives:

from emerse - definition of emerse by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
    from immerse - definition of immerse by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
    Interesting thing about the English language - a lot of times words that have been "analy" used in one fashion - may take an interesting type of meaning in another fashion - Example - When I say BITCH - am I using the word as an noun, an adjective (as in Bitch Ass) - or as a verb (as in please don't BITCH!)?

At anyrate - I've found that the word "emerse" spelled with the "e" has been used directly as ERIK wrote in his poem - At anyrate - it's a little cathartic to think that after all of that work - could have misspelled such an obviously Important word :LOL: --- I think the meaning is somewhat synonymous in an abstract type of way, after reading the Dictionary.com definitives.

So whaddaya think ERIK - shall I change the spelling? :glare:

Interesting website I found in my websearch (btw - JPiC is on page 2 of google for the spelling "emerse" YAY - so if nothing else was accomplished - at least we know that those who like to emerse themselves in UGH - then they can watch a phenomenal Video-Poem if they click on the JPiC link tehehehe) --- Oh yeah - anyway - found an interesting site that uses the word "emerse" in all types of ways: Emerse

PS - Glad you liked the recital BIGHEAD :geek:

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Apr 7, 2008
  9. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Alternatively - We could have been putting a bit of an Italian swing - on what could have been an ordinarilly mundane english poem:

emerso - Wiktionary --- I do reckon we wouldn't be meaning a plural of sorts - anyway :rolleyes:

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Apr 7, 2008

zaac Banned

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    emerse isnt proper because the e stands for coming away or leaving...such as in egress/exit. immerse (imm) is enveloping ones self within something.

i didnt mean to point to out so blatantlly...i just thought its a good piece and deserved it

Posted By zaac | Apr 7, 2008
  10. Depressed

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    So am I, lol, but sometimes ya just gotta let it go, lol. Poetic license and all (ok, I know that was bad but just couldn't help myself, lol.)
  11. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    UGH - I sooooooooo hate this!

Well.......... Yes you did mean to point it out - And you pointed it out as blantantly as blatant can be... Doesn't matter though.... Because - no matter how I look at it - I just want to say "DAMN ASSHOLE!" BUT your point is valid! Your point of contention (sp?) is an interesting one that perhaps..... I just didn't catch it; the spelling is right to me, seems natural.... And as much as I hate to admit it...........Your point still remains valid... It's not my poem - but it IS my production and I'm most likely more a perfectionist than you've ever thought of being... Perhaps ERIK will chime in on the faux pas (if you can even call it that...) And though I still assert that the spelling is correct as is... The meaning is both understood and succinct.

Yep - it wouldn't be difficult to correct the "e" to an "im" --- I just hate to think that you're right.

Um - what the hell are you talking about GAIL????
    Anyway - looking forward to the wrapping of old tag LOL

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Apr 8, 2008
  12. Depressed

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes what seems a mistake to the reader, isn't. I was taught in Lit 101 that a word often has several meanings. If it had been misspelled (which, technically it isn't) only once or twice then it would've been an error. Since it was the same throughout the poem, it had to be deliberate to me. So he had to have been taking a (sorry) poetic license (using a deliberate wrong word to make a point).

hugs,
    Gail
  13. Depressed

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    BTW, lol, I pulled together a 'book' of poetry, short stories and articles written by my sister, Dad and me for a Christmas present for my dad. Since I'd already made something similar for my mom, all I had to do was pull Dad's stuff into it.

I scanned, edited, reviewed, rearranged, cussed, rearranged many more times, reviewed and printed out eighty pages and took them to Staples for binding. Brought it home and glowed quite a bit before packaging and sending it to him.

When I called to see if it had arrived, he couldn't stop gushing about it, lol, (patting self on back...again). I called my sister about something else and she had talked to him also. He talked about the book and how he loved it but mentioned something about a mistake the printer made. He assumed I'd had it professionally printed (as if) and said one word was misspelled.

The original book was titled Sellected Works of the Skinner Girls/B] or something like that. Since the original title wouldn't work again, I decided to change it to something with selected in it. Anyway, I changed collected to sellected. I checked every page but that one for spelling and the spell checker on Word had it underlined in angry red but I ignored it, lol. OOPS!!!!!!!!!!

So, shhhhh, don't tell anyone, lol. My point...mistake or poetic license? Who's going to tell on me?

hugs,
    Gail

erikestabrook JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    cool Gail,

I feel the need to comment as msj wasn't the only one annoyed by zaac,

you can't go around telling people your point blatantly as msj said and think
    one or two comments like its good all of a sudden makes it a positive outlook,

in other words try hard not to be a literary thorn in everyone's side
  14. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Erik and Ms Jacquii!

:wow: That was simply stunning! A pure symphony for the senses, and aesthetically soothing..... the poem, reading, pictures, music...ALL....Emerse Me In September...those words never looked and sounded so beautiful. I love this poem Erik, and Ms Jacquii...I love the hard second syllable sound, as well as the ever so subtle linger on the word "Emerse"...makes the words demand attention and I am in awe. Exquisitely stunning and alluring. The pictures were spot on as well as the reciting of this fantabulous poem. Great collab you two.

Kim :giftrose:
  15. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0

Poetic license INDEED lol - Thanx for sharing that GAIL :goodpost:

Who me annoyed?!?!? :LOL:
    3 Cheers for no thorns tehehehhe!

Thank you ever-so kindly MS KIM - I'm glad you like it and will be ecstatic to make a slideshow featuring your originally-fabulous poetry! :yes:

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Apr 9, 2008

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?