Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

1. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0

May Mr. Wizard Rest In Peace (1917 - 2007)

[imga=right]http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/4626/30468122bk0.jpg[/imga]At an early age, I too watched Mr. Wizard and attribute my interest in Science and decision to become a Scientist from his dazzling exposure to the wonderment of the world of Science. At first I was a Creative Writing, Piano, and Fine Arts major, then I switched to the Sciences.

This brought back many memories as I did Mr. Wizard type experiments in the summer and at the elementary schools, in my early teaching career. I thank him for being part of my Science foundation.

Here are the links to the Official Website of Mr. Wizard Studios and to the
    LA Times
    story.

The below information is from Official Website of the The Mr. Wizard Studio.

It is with deep sadness that we regret to announce the passing of Don Herbert - the one and only "Mr. Wizard". Don lost his battle with cancer today, June 12, 2007, at 9 AM Pacific Daylight Time - slightly more than one month shy of his 90th birthday. He was lovingly surrounded by his family, who are at once, saddened by his passing, and relieved that he is no longer suffering.

We all feel extremely lucky to have had him in our lives and to have known and worked with Don over the years. We have also been tremendously honored to carry on his legacy as an original and truly legendary figure in the worlds of both Television and Science Education. He has been inspirational and influential in so many ways and on so many lives and we are comforted in the fact that his ground breaking work and legacy will continue to inspire many more people for years to come.
    Thank you so much to all of you for your support and sympathy.

Sincerely, The Family

2. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    ugh... science... :p LOL - Thanx for the post KIM
    I didn't know Mr. Wizard, but from your post it is sure that he was an influence on many young folks. And anyone who inspires MS PAINTEDDIARY - I sort of HAVE to respect eh? lol - May Mr. Wizard Rest In Peace....

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jun 20, 2007

Jer4clarity Lover of Meanings

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    MY absolute favorite as a kid!

HELP ME MR. WIZZARD!:sad:

Jerry
  3. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Hey YAWL - just did a bit of reading about Mr. Wizard...
    Seems he was highly popular for bring science education to the world of kids - back in the day of course. Seems he has left a beautiful legacy. Thanx again for posting PD ;)

I took the opportunity to submit the thread to Digg and several other social bookmarking communities!

Members can digg the thread below ;)

Jacquii.

[digg]http://digg.com/general_sciences/Good_Bye_Mr_Wizard_1917_2007[/digg]

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jun 20, 2007
  4. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Your welcome Ms Jacquii...ya know......all it takes is curiosity, and then next thing ya know....you are in the world of Science......:joke:.......:p

Kim :badjoke:

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?