Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

michael JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +8 / 0 / -0

This is for my dad who on a clear day of May 7, 1984 met with po po and was shot and killed

Hail Hail to Patrick Henry
    This was not the guy who said
    give me liberty or give me death
    This was Partick Henry Page my dad
    Who once asked me
    Michael do you have a real desire for women yet?

Hail Hail to Patrick Henry Page
    who in 1984 was given a hail of bullets
    I think he wanted liberty
    from his schizophrenic state
    but he was give death
    Guess what dad
    I'm getting married!

Posted By michael | Jul 16, 2006

Sebby JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry I have no words 4 this..I've sat here reading it over and over trying tofind a response thats good enough 4 it and I can't.
    It's absolutely beautiful and congratulations on the wedding :thumbsup:

Posted By Sebby | Jul 16, 2006
  1. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Dearest Michael,
    I understand what VS meant by not finding the right words. I have been silent for a while trying to find them. Well, I found some, and this is what I have to say. There is so much to this masterpiece. You, as being part of your Father, your Father, tragedy, love, remembering, humor, pain, history, and it was brilliantlly executed. The way you incorporated Patrick Henry's powerful words spoken March 23, 1775 at St. John's Henrico Parish Church in Richmond, within your Father's poem is pure genious for starters. Even though we read of the tragedy, you did not concentratrate on that in this piece, you spoke of your Father's statements to you of women and marriage, which brought a smile to my face, after the tear. The poem is very unique and one of a kind. This was a tribute to him, and if he was in a "state" or not, what we see in you, is his extension, if you will. That extension is such a humble, loving, and beautiful man. So indeed Hail, Hail to Patrick Henry "Page".

Much Luv'...~Painted Diary*~
    aka Kimberly Robinson
  2. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Yes - AND what fine tribute to your Father MICHAEL! This piece is really an emotional one that grips at ones sense of loss and doesn't let go until the very end - Nice to see that ending - I'm sure Mr. Henry would be proud of his son!

This is one that I think we can each relate to.
    Thanx for sharing it MICHAEL :yes:

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jul 16, 2006

michael JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I just wanted to say thank you so much to MsJacquiiC.

You are someone who has really inspired me to do my thing. This poetry thing
    And these poems about my dad are kinda where it starts for me. And I'm feeling like I'm bout to blow up now. Being here makes me feel like I'm apart of something special....which it is... I really can't say enough about how cool these forums are.

Kim.......Wow what can I say...You have been such an inspiration for me and how cool is that. You are so amazing like totally lol Thanks for reading this. And again thanks for the info on Patrick Henry of Richmond VA.

Sebby .......Thanks for your comments. They are really heartfelt. I think anytime another writer or poet/poetess can coment on your work it can be a very moving experience. But I have to also keep in mind and be open to constructive criticism about my work. Also hope everything is going ok and that we will see more of you.

michael

Posted By michael | Aug 6, 2006
  3. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Hey MICHAEL - thank you for that beautiful comment - I only hoped to create something very special and to hear you say that about JPiC makes me blush the slightest shade of marmelade-fuschia :blush2:

Thanx so much - I'm so happy you decided to be part of this wonderful Community better known as JPiC Forum For Writers!

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Aug 8, 2006

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh michael! This one touched me deeply. It is hard enough to lose our fathers but to lose him in such a way had to be torturous for you. My Dad died that same year and I think I am still grieving. It is great that you are able to give your Dad this wonderful tribute. With this poem, you make me wish that I had known him.

Posted By Altree94 | Aug 17, 2006

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?