Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0

[imga=left]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/1598/radcliffe4gallery282x40hr3.jpg[/imga]
    Harry Potter strips

Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe has got some parents steaming over his racy new stage play role.

One of the publicity photos for the play shows a topless and buffed Radcliffe being hugged by a naked woman. Another shows him leaning against bales of hay as he stares up at the topless woman. A third has him posing in front of a white horse.

The pictures have been released ahead of the opening of Equus, a controversial Peter Shaffer play showing at London's Gielgud Theatre from next month.

Radcliffe,17, plays a troubled stablehand who one night blinds six horses with a hoofpick.

He features in numerous nude scenes with co-star Joanna Christie, the woman in the publicity shots.

The UK's Daily Mail reports that Harry Potter fan sites have received emails from concerned parents.

"We as parents feel Daniel should not appear nude. Our nine-year-old son looks up to him as a role model. We are very disappointed and will avoid the future movies he makes," one parent wrote.

Another said: "I am curious as to how and why his parents said this was okay."

Some of his younger fans, however, are impressed with Radcliffe's tough new look.

"I am completely stunned by these pix," wrote GinnyPotter on fan site danradcliffe.co.uk.

"He is no longer the shy boy in the prefects' bathroom anymore. His body is .... I can't even say or I will no doubt be banned but he has grown a lot and I am very proud of Daniel."

Another wrote: "When I saw it I couldn't breathe for a moment. I was shocked. But [the] pictures are very cool and very good. I like it ... They're awesome!"

The publicity shots were taken between filming of the fifth and sixth Harry Potter movies.

The play's producer, David Pugh, told the Daily Mail that Radcliffe had been rehearsing the nude scenes with Christie for more than a week and had overcome his initial shyness.

The young actor's spokeswoman, Vanessa Davies, said: "Daniel does not want to step away from Harry Potter but he does want to show he is a rounded actor capable of very different and diverse roles."

"He has tremendous support from Harry Potter fans," she said.

Written By Jano Gibson

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jul 16, 2007

2. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    So - by now I think we all know MsJacquiiC has a healthy obsession with the Harry Potter series - but I found this online when looking for pics to post in my Order of the Phoenix review thread - So what the heck - I share :blush2:

Anyway - I tend to agree very much with the "He is no longer the shy boy in the prefects' bathroom anymore." statement young lady made in the article above.

He looks sexy and grown! Fabulous and daring and manly!
    At anyrate - Nice to see such a talented young actor taking such a courageous stance for his career!

Jacquii.

BTW - I bet you already guessed I'd find a pic of how the tabloids have crazy....
    Just fodder for the fans I suppose :p

[IMG] :wow:

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jul 16, 2007
  3. Artistic

Mysty JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I totally Agree with you MsJacquii. Kudos to Daniel!

Posted By Mysty | Jul 16, 2007

~Serenity~ ~Pixie Princess~

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mmmm I do like that picture of Daniel in front of the horse...

I will never again be able to watch the Harry Potter movies without drooling, just a little... =)

Posted By ~Serenity~ | Jul 17, 2007
  4. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    rofl - I was drooling the day Dumbledore introduced him
    but I've always an eye for the handsomely youthful one
    who knows how to work the wand....

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jul 18, 2007

mangodroplet Blue Mango Puppy :]

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol...
    hawt xD
    do you have the x-rated ones stuck up on your walls? haha...
    if i wouldn't get in trouble and IF MY HORMONES would kick in...yes i would xD
  5. Cool

nomadicrhymer JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    He certainly has grown!! dang! He's always been cute and shy, though so this is a good move for him...he has to catch up with his body! He is English, after all, and more than likely if he were American, no one would have let him be this free to choose what he wants to do...not the parents, or the agent...too much money invovled....I think Harry Potter fans will STILL see Harry no matter what...even if they have to sneak the video a couple years later (for the 7 yr-olds!)

I think some parents allow their kids to see too much...my youngest has no clue that he is even invovled in this stuff because she doesn't get on the internet, or watch news, or entertainment news. All she knows is that he's Harry. She'll find out the rest later, I guess.

Nomad

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?