Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Pharoahandrea, Sep 18, 2006.

Pharoahandrea Reality hurts, not truth!

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We're all human right? I mean we all have the same things, two arms, hands, legs, mouth, feet-and so on. Why do we spend so much time trying to be different from what we are. A face is a face, and yet we dress it up with make-up or put chemicals on it to make it darker, lighter, our lips fuller, or stretch it to hide wrinkles that are a natural process to the human face. A human body is what it is-a body that houses the beautiful energetic souls. Why must we pull, tuck, cut, and mutilate natural beauty?:yay2:

What's wrong with the way natural human beauty reflects through out its course of life? Why do we hide it? Why shame it with abuse and hate then call it improvements or say "I feel better about myself". How can one feel better about distorting natural beauty?

There was a time when all we humans did was be human. There was natural beauty and acceptance-no make-up, no plastic, no chemicals to mix, no stress, no hiding-just people being who they were-people, society calls it primitive-I call it "keep'n it real"

Amzy A friend, Well met.

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually, grooming and primping yourself is natural too. Birds will use shiny objects to make their nests more attractive. Cat's are notorious for their grooming procedures. Birds and sea otters do plenty of primping and preening. As with anything, humans go a bit overboard.

Keep it real is all great. But it has it's limits. Please bathe and use deoderant on a regular, frequent basis.

Posted By Amzy | Sep 18, 2006

Pharoahandrea Reality hurts, not truth!

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ur right, keeping good hygeine is good for human health...but going overboard with unnecessary surgical proceedures that alters ur body to the point were ur nothing but an object no longer human is unhealthy. With technological advances today, humans can venture into bionics, plastic surgery, and (can be necessary) artifical heart and arteries....it's cool but at the same time scary. What if we can make ourselves up of bionics and plastic to the point where we're no longer human. There are people who are addicted to these advancements, and I don't think that's healthy....but hey what do I know-I'm just a human being.
  1. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Yes, adorning these technological advancements for vanity is not my cup of tea, however, using such devices if it helps a life, then I am OK with that. Other than our daily hygeine, the over decorating ourselves can get out of control. Very interesting read, and thank you for posting!! Take Care.

Painted Diary aka Kimberly

erikestabrook JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    as far as artificial hearts go its better to be alive and less human than say dead and not getting to be human at all wouldn't you say,
    However the overall tone of this message was to love yourself so much that you love yoruself as you are although it wasn't that eloquent what you stated is soemthing that should be known bravo

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?