Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

HeddgieBedgie New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0

This is a love poem I just finished this evening.

I FALL IN LOVE AGAIN
    © A. Minter 2006 All Rights Reserved

Every night I fall asleep
    And fall in love again;
    In dreams I hold you in my arms
    Like I did way back then;
    But when the dream is over
    Then reality sets in,
    I cry until I fall asleep
    And fall in love again.

I wake with one beside me
    Who doesn’t even know your name;
    And though I try my very best
    It will never be the same;
    The love she feels for me is true
    It’s one she does not hide,
    Unlike the love I have for you
    That’s kept so deep inside.

And fall in love again;
    We walk along the ocean shore
    I kiss your lips and then;
    Once more the dream is over
    And reality sets in,
    So I just pray to fall asleep
    And fall in love again.

We weren’t meant to be together
    So now I must pretend,
    That in my dreams you’re here with me,
    Our love will never end;
    We’ll hold on to each other
    And stay in love this way
    We’ll always be together
    ‘Til our dreams all fade away.

And fall in love again;
    In dreams we hold each other
    Like we did way back then,
    But when the night is over
    And a new day must begin,
    I just exist to fall asleep
    And fall in love again.

erikestabrook JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    like the quote you used,
    the tone of this poem,
    the thougth process and execution of the rhyme and the good- feeling this one gives
  1. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Al,

Wow, I wonder how many can relate to this little masterpiece. I read this several times, and is quite lovely. I can't wait to go to bed, fall asleep, and fall in love again. Thank you for sharing!!! LOVED IT!!!!!!!

Kimberly

amachristian New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow, not only did I enjoy the style you used in this piece, but I could actually feel what you were saying. It brought a picture to my mind of what this person was going through. Very good!
    Sheri

Sartor JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I enjoyed your write....After reading it through again.....I wondered how many people are sleeping with one person and dreaming of another. What a horrible, sneaky little cheat that is to the person who thinks their love is a mutual affair. I would have only contempt for the silent cheater. Love is such an emotional experience one sometimes has difficulty to understand the deeper meanings of it.

Posted By Sartor | Nov 13, 2006

Tanax Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    God I know that feeling..

Very inspiring and educating aswell, good work :)

Posted By Tanax | Nov 13, 2006

HeddgieBedgie New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Sartor, perhaps you are bit too judgmental. Many people find themselves in marriages or other committed relationships that cannot be ended due to religious convictions, presence of children, moral obligations to support or care for an invalid partner, etc., etc. The sad truth is that one does not always have control over determining with whom one falls in love or out of love. One does have control over how one meets one's religious, moral and social obligations, however. Perhaps one of the "deeper meanings" of love as emotion is that it is very very complex. Consider this situation. A person marries at a very young age but falls out of love with their partner much later in life, after having children. That person meets another and falls in love with that other person. The other person is also in a now loveless marriage, with children. Though in love with someone other than their own respective partners, both have strong religious convictions against marriage and neither wants to destroy their children's nuclear family by leaving their partner. Now complicate that by assuming the partner of one of the lovers is suffering from a debilitating illness that requires constant physical, financial and moral support from their partner. Would it really serve any good purpose for the lovers to tell their partners they each loved another and were staying in the marriage because of a sense of obligaiton? In order not to be "sneaky little cheat," should the confessor then leave the invalid partner even though the person he or she loved was likewise bound?

In any event, I suspect the circumstance related in the poem - although not one that is a part of my own life - is one that is experienced by many people and with which many people struggle daily. It certainly is not a new topic for poetry or songs. I can only imagine that it is a situation that hurts those very much.

Sartor JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    HB.....Perhaps you are correct in your judgmental remark.....but then again my words were written from a standpoint of the way I personally would feel should I be in such a position of finding out that the one I loved and thought loved me, was actually dreaming about and loving someone else while sharing my bed. Recall I said "What a horrible, sneaky little cheat that is to the person who thinks their love is a mutual affair. Honesty is truly the best policy. If one is stuck in an unloving relationship and can not get out of it honorably, it is that persons responsibility to level with their partner and then sleep in separate bedrooms if possible. The point is, do NOT allow one you do not love, to believe you do love him/her, because if you do allow that, THEN you become a horrible, sneaky little cheat, if you get my drift.

Posted By Sartor | Nov 14, 2006

amachristian New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After reading the other replies I got to thinking about something. Possibly this isn't the place for me to say it because I did very much enjoy the way the poem was written. If we're going to give our opinions about the writing, then as I said, it's very good. If we're giving opinions on the subject matter, I think there is something gravely missed here. Being 'in love' is quite different from the word 'love'. True love isn't based on how good we feel about our partner on any given day. True love is sacrifice, giving of one's self to another and expecting nothing in return. True love is putting someone else ahead of ourselves. True love is commitment, life long and not dependant on whether or not we meet someone else along the way that we 'feel' we've fallen in love with. Those feelings leave after awhile and then, we're left to find out if we're capable of 'true love'.

HeddgieBedgie New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    AmaChristian -

Thanks for reading the poem and commenting on it. I could not agree more with you that the poem does not speak to every person's concept of love, but then, as an essay on the "meaning of love" or as a definition of anything substantive, the poem has no relevance whatsoever.

Poetry, more so than other forms of literature, expresses human emotion. The "conventional wisdom" learned in my sixty years on this planet is that there are as many views of what constitutes "love" as there are of what constitutes "happiness" or, for that matter, anything else abstract or subjective. I don't know the one true definition of any emotion ... but, then, neither does anyone else. For that precise reason emotions fall within the realm of the subjective and abstract. As such, emotions defy universal objectification and, in turn, universal definition. Perhaps that is why there are so many poems about love. If it didn't fall within that realm, love would be a science and were that ever to become the case, mankind would be the worse off for it.

The poem was intended, like all poetry, to evoke both thought and emotion. I don't imagine everyone can relate to Robert Frost's "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening," so why should it be that everyone will relate to the sentiment of "I Fall In Love Again," which is sophomoric by comparison?

One reader enjoyed the poem's "tone," another was able to "relate" to it, another "felt" it, another "was inspired," another moved to "disdain, " and you were prompted to "question" it. That is more than enough to make me "happy" (another subjective state that means different things to different people.)

Keep on feeling ... subjectivity nurtures the food upon which the spirit feeds and that makes us human and not objects. I am glad you enjoyed the poem.

Oh, my ... I think I may have just written an "essay."

amachristian New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    HB,
    You are very right. Your poem did cause many to really think beyond the poem to the subject. When one writes well, I believe that's what should happen. We should be carried away both in mind and heart with what we're reading or else it's just words.

Thank you again for allowing us to think deeply.

athlone www.poetrypages4u.com

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Exquisite

Exquisitely written, but more than that, the pain and sadness expressed were o so exquisite too. I shall look out for more of your work - i really enjoyed it (which is odd seeing that it left me feeling so sad, perhaps in the same way we can enjoy a good film with a sad ending, we really have to "enjoy" all our emotions).
    Thank you,
    Zvi
    www.poetrypages4u.com

Posted By athlone | Dec 7, 2006

HeddgieBedgie New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your comments, Sheir and Zvi Bar.

I think I will make the poem into song lyrics. There seems to be a natural melody playing in my head that would fit the words if I can just write it down. I hope I can find someone to translate the refrains into either Spanish or French. I would like to leave the other verses in English and create a bi-lingual song like some of those that Il Divo and Sara Brightman sing. The only language I speak other than English is Russian and the word's are difficult to rhyme in a Russian translation. Besides, French or Spanish would capture the melancholy better, I think.

TrueBlue New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice!

Posted By TrueBlue | Dec 7, 2006
  2. twinklewriter Guest

Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A beautiful read, loved the way the poem jingled in my mind...breathtaking write...twinkle

amachristian New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bravo! I will be one of the first to hold a lighter high in the air when I here this in song form.

zaac Banned

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    this would do well as lyrics if its not already

zaac

Posted By zaac | Dec 8, 2006

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?