Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, here I am in the Rant Room. I do not get angry very often but when I do, I find some comfort in writing it out, turning it into something creative and analyzing the crap out of it. So Thank-you MsJ for giving me an outlet!

I Married an IDIOT!

He's not a total idiot,
    just when it comes to his daughter.
    She's wrapped him round her finger,
    leads him like a lamb to slaughter.

"No more", he says when we're alone
    "She needs to learn independence".
    But when she calls, he sends a cheque,
    on her words, dancing attendance.

She's a professional singer,
    on her own, twenty-five years old.
    Asked to sing at her dad's party,
    she would not, she turned us down cold.

She only comes to get a cheque,
    she only calls when she's in need.
    Never does she send a letter,
    she's a loving daughter indeed.

I feel my frugal cut-backs and
    sacrifices are made in vain.
    Why bother saving pennies,
    when he's giving dollars again?

It's really not the cash at all,
    it's this feeling of being scammed.
    She takes and takes, giving nothing.
    It feels the same as being spammed!

I understand wanting to give,
    to help our children all we can.
    I can't agree to being used,
    as she does my idiot man.

Now that I have shared this - I feel much better! I don't know why - nothing has changed and I have no solution and sure as death and taxes, it will happen again. So- see you here next time!

Posted By Altree94 | Oct 19, 2006

erikestabrook JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    this is heavy-material, your not quite being mean but some could take it that way, It had pretty good phrasing

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not being quite mean? DARN! I meant it to be MEAN! This IS the Rant Room! LOL! Just kidding about that, Erik!
    I do think he is being an idiot, though. I don't believe that he is doing her any good by handing her everything on a silver platter, so to speak. She'll never have to learn to manage her finances if it is just given to her whenever she asks and she has been asking way too often. I think he should LOAN it to her, when it is a real need - and make sure it is paid back before loaning her any more. By not doing this, he has turned her into a mooch and she doesn't just mooch off of us - she does it to her uncles, aunts and grandmother as well. They have already told her that they are not giving her anything more. He thinks it is a child's right to take advantage of a parent, and I cannot convince him any differently. Like I said - He's an idiot!

Posted By Altree94 | Oct 19, 2006

erikestabrook JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    yep idiot, well also he must be very caring, I don't like the things my parents give me, which i'm a spolied baby, but I'd never get anything over on them like she is i'm not that type, I think your opinions on this matter are correct,
    at least from just your side is very compelling

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    TY Erik! And you will be happy to know that we have resolved the issue! He can give her whatever he wants as a gift on a special occasion (birthday, christmas, valentines etc.) but if she needs it and asks for it, it will be a loan. I FINALLY got through to him! YAYYYY!

Posted By Altree94 | Oct 22, 2006
  1. Artistic

Mysty JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Congrats Altree....... I know how bad it feels when kids take advantage of their parents.. I never did.... I am a sucker for being taken advantage of. But meh ..... one day I will stand up and say NO MORE. One day.

Posted By Mysty | Dec 27, 2007

Bear JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    brilliant penning Tree abd sometimes you have to say no to your children or they well keep doing it over and over, times she stands or sinks on her own two feet if she sinks then you can try to help her but she'll have to do it sooner or later and sooner is a lot better then later that why maybe she'll learn from her mistakes
    hugs hugs hugs kisses
    bear
    ps heres a really big bear hug

Posted By Bear | Dec 28, 2007

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the comments Mysty, and the hugs too, Bear!
    It's been a long time since I wrote this and we came up with a great solution that is working out very well for all of us!
    Whenever she runs short of cash and needs to pay her rent or whatever then Al just brings her here and lets her work it out. I've gotten every room in the house painted and new flooring put down. She does a great job of whatever we give her to do - so I think she feels better about herself because she is earning instead of mooching and as any home owner knows - the things that need doing are endless!
    Thanks again!
    Tree.

Posted By Altree94 | Feb 14, 2008
  2. Depressed

butchiesmom JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Tree, first of all, so good to read you! Second, we made a rule when the kids moved out and wanted to borrow money. We would loan it to them but they had to pay it back if they wanted to borrow more. It worked! My oldest daughter borrowed money but didn't pay it back. When she needed more she found out we meant business! She hasn't borrowed since, lol.

You might want to check out my Unapologetic. I wrote it for my oldest daughter, whom I finally called and asked her to stay out of contact until further notice. When you read it you will understand.

It's so good to see you on here!

hugs,
    Gail
    --------------------------
    --------------------------
    Boy, do I feel like an idiot, lol! I just checked out the date this was first posted, lol. Oh well, it's still good to read your work!

Gail

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL!
    Don't feel like an idiot! It was only a couple of days ago that I replied to Mysty and Bear!
    Of course we all want to help our kids but sometimes it is hard to realize that just giving them what they want is NOT really helping them at all. Now she knows that she does have us to fall back on when things get tough but she also realizes that she has to work for what she wants - just as we all do!
    TY for the comments and so nice to see you here too!
    - Tree.

Posted By Altree94 | Feb 16, 2008

zaac Banned

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    take away the remote

Posted By zaac | Feb 16, 2008

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?