Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

lanaia74 New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I do not understand why, I was drawn to this place, so hot and dry
    A place no one in their right mind would venture too
    A desert in Egypt, the force within me so strong, I have no idea why
    In my conscious mind, I don't understand, I haven't got a clue.

As I travel over, this hot desolate, driven by a force, so strong, but yet not known
    I come here to the Valley of the Kings, accompanied by several workers I hired
    Aimlessly searching for something, perhaps someone, this remains unknown
    We stop to rest and have some water, because I really am tired.

At the place we stop, a voice tells me to dig right here
    So the workers do exactly that, with no idea of what lies beneath the infinite sands
    The more we dig, my entire being fills with anticipation and fear
    Soon we uncover a step, some kind of tomb, looking like, it has never been disturbed by a human's hand.

As we dig more, it's like I am familiar with this place of doom and gloom
    We find a door, an ancient entrance, to an undisturbed tomb
    With torches, displaying fire, we enter, then I know where to go, at least I assume
    And there in the darkness, undisturbed for millennia, I see what lies in this room.

I start to remember now, of a time so very long ago, I was a queen, to forever stand by your side
    The Book of the Dead, I know now what, I must do, and do without delay
    I will resurrect you and once more I will be your bride
    Reading from the book, I look down, at your mummified body, and I am not afraid.

I start to remember, that together, you and I once ruled this land
    I know remember my destiny and my vow to you how happy we used to be
    Now, I will make sure once more you and I together, walk this land, hand in hand
    Still reading from the book, soon you open your eyes, I know within my very soul, this was meant to be.

Posted By lanaia74 | Mar 17, 2007

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?