Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

lanaia74 New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I know within my heart, even thought, you are no longer here
    Your energy, will remain forever by my side
    Some people choose to believe you are forever gone, but to me this fact remains to me very clear
    Soul mates we are and I will forever remain, your bride

When we took our vows so long ago, we meant them to be forever and a day
    Some would choose to think, for grief's sake, within my mind, this I fantasize
    But deep within my soul, I know the truth, and from this I will never sway
    We lived a good life on this earth, as to your death, I have no whys

A love that was as deep as ours, only those that have shared the same thing, would understand
    A pact made between lovers, soul mates, that our love will never die
    A love so strong that is transcends life and death, time and space, as infinite as my wedding band
    So I only mourn the time, I will not see you for a while, this is why I cry

But I can't tell others this, I would only gain their pity and sympathy
    Them thinking, I am so grief stricken, I am imagining things
    So, I silently smile to myself, knowing you by my side, this will always be
    If the world would understand, this message to the world, I would happily sing

But no, the secret I possess, will forever remain within my soul
    Knowing you will always be with me in my dreams
    Your death, just taking you to a different place, waiting this will be my only toll
    But until that day, you will always be beside me, always and forever, if only in my dreams

Posted By lanaia74 | Mar 21, 2007

1. Cool

nomadicrhymer JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    There is a lovely and "deep abiding love "concept in this piece. Isn't it just so peaceful and fabulously satisfying to feel those with us who have passed on?

Nomad
  2. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Hi LANAIA - this poem is quite beautiful actually - the concept. The writing is stated eloquently, softly, matter-of-factly! I like it.

I was actually browsing my personal website a little earlier - I have a dedication to my favorite Auntie who passed back in 2005 from her battle with breast cancer. Wow! I thought to myself WOW! Has it really been that long...

But anyway - not to dwell on that. But the concept of having a loved-one with you throughout eternity.... That seems just beautiful to me.

Then your poem takes on a more intimate quality:

And I just had to smile (ever inwardly) to myself - I know this feeling well.
    Nice writing!

Thanx for the share.

ALSO - If I may endeavor to be silly for a moment...
    WHY ON EARTH do you not have an avatar yet??? We have several avatars in our galary that you may like. After over 200 posts - I say - Give yourself an AVATAR Girl ;) ----> http://jpicforum.info/profile.php?do=editavatar

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Mar 22, 2007

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?