Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Starr New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

'Sup, everybody? I'm new. I'm Starr. I'm a dude with a girl's name, but it's all good. I like myself. I'm a 35-time published poet (small press stuff,) nominated for a 1990 Pushcart Prize (way back when) and won a thousand dollars five years ago through the Massachusetts Cultural Council's Artist Grant Awards. That was a treat when I was falling behind on the rent! So here I am in all of my computer "illiterate-ness" looking for a cool forum to post some of my stuff on. Miss Jacquii's been helpin' me out a bit in gettin' started, so we'll see what happens in the next week or so. I'ma try 2 post up another poem. I'm used to the simplicity of Poetry Critical, but as of late, there are a lot of trolls there and not enough moderators to deal with them all. Such is life, huh? Anyway, I think I'm here and I'm hollerin' out. Happy New Year! Peaceout. Starr, Portland, Maine:shout

Posted By Starr | Jan 28, 2008

1. Depressed

butchiesmom JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Hey, Starr, it doesn't matter how you got here it's the fact that you did. I think we are all equal whether we're published or not but congratulations on being published so many times. I think we've all run across sites which really didn't work out all that well for us.

I'm looking forward to reading your poetry. There are so many talented writers here and I'm happy to see you've added your name to our list.

hugs,
    Gail

Starr New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Gail!

Thanks! It's good to be here. I'll practice more this weekend with posting poetry. I screwed up the last time and posted my poem, "Ghetto," in Magnetic Poetry or somethin' like that. Not sure what I did. And yes, we are all equal, indeed. In my world, everyone has a flavor all their own. There's no hate nor jealousy in my world either. I pretty much extend love toward anyone who comes inside my circle. There's an awful lot of hatred and cruelty (on a great many levels) out there, so it's nice to come in contact with the more "fluffy" people. Hugs back! Starr:D

Posted By Starr | Jan 29, 2008
  2. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    LOL - I don't know about being "fluffy" persay - at anyrate - apologies for the long-delayed welcome - better late than never though - So WELCOME STARR to the JPiC Community! Glad you didn't give up on JPiC - see... Navigating the Forum is not that difficult at all really.

Anyway - KEWL name - I did actually think you were a chick - but now that I know you're a wonderfully poetic man - I will not-so-subtley direct your attention to Face of the Artiste where you can post your picture to show we LADIES of JPiC how handsome you are :blush2: LOL

Mostly though - Welcome. Enjoy all the Community has to offer and if ever you need help with navigating of performing a forum procedure - don't hesitate to PM myself or any Member of our friendly JPiC Moderating Team.

Jacquii.

[IMG]

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Feb 8, 2008

erikestabrook JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    hey Starr its cool your here, KIm and I have also been published in Missippi Crow
    well mines not due out until March, but it is very cool that you came here,
    there's much fun here and I need to read good writers it influences my writing that way,
    and hopefully you'll post allot and we'll talk or something
  3. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hey Starr and :welcome3:,

Glad you are here with us and yes I have pubbed in Mississippi Crow (and many others) for poetry and artwork. You are quite the accomplished poet I read, and I love your bio. I look forward to reading your work and I apologize for the delay in my welcome. We have something for everyone here, and the diversity makes for a poetic quit that warms us all. Take care.

Kimberly :)

Sally Roberts Forestdawn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Starr:
    So happy to meet you! and Welcome aboard. There are so many interesting things to do and read here that you will continue to enjoy yourself many times over.
    Everyone is helpful and friendly so welcome to the family.
    I'm looking forward in reading your work.

Blessings
    Sally

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.