Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Discussion in 'Spoken Word & Freestyle' started by Mysty, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Artistic

Mysty JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +52 / 0 / -0

I WISH

STRESSED
    I just want to scream
    as I spin around in circles
    pull my clothes off
    and rip my hair out
    stand in a puddle of gas
    and drop the match.

YOU

Stop
    the rapid beat of my heart
    Rip
    the music out of my soul
    Mar
    the beauty seen from my eyes
    Scream
    at me until I can hear no more
    Beat
    my bones till they are broken

I wish you were shattered
    like I am inside

©2012 Mysty Johnson

Posted By Mysty | Apr 15, 2012

2. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Whoa Girl! There's such an expression of unkempt frustration in this piece. So much so -I wanted to join in the ripping of hair - but it's okay - I've a couple wigs in the closet LOL.

All joking aside though - I recall quite a few of my own writes which resemble this one a bit... I wrote the frustration out on paper and it became therapeudic. It seems as if you've done the same.

The frustration propels the poem, gives it a bit of drama that we like to see every once in a while. Nice share and I hope the frustration has since subsided!

J.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Apr 16, 2012
  3. Depressed

butchiesmom JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Stressed.
    I think you're a mind reader. This is what I've wanted to do too many times to count, eliminating the match and gas. Seems like it would be a bit extreme for me, lol.

You.
    Umm, I've had many, too many, thoughts like this and wished it could really happen. I see and feel the frustration and pain you've expressed and whole-heartedly agree.

I'm assuming you might be an adopted child since you've captured my feelings and expressed them quite well. I still think I'm adopted so we could be twins maybe....

I love reading your work Mysty,
    Gail
  4. Artistic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Dear Ladies.... thank you for your wonderful and kind comments. This stress is a daily ongoing thing as I work in customer service for a sweepstakes company. I do not know why but as I age more and more ....... I lose my tolerance for idiocy and stupidness. I just cannot believe how daft and idiotic folks can be sometimes. One day ... I will no longer work and not have to put up with that stress... but that one day is maybe 5 to 10 years away :(

Again thank you both and much love and hugs.

Posted By Mysty | Apr 17, 2012

Amzy A friend, Well met.

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Woah. Intense. Excellent work, Mysty.

Posted By Amzy | May 29, 2012

tham Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    remind me not to meet you in a dark alley way or any alley way,street,ave,or any where in broad day light for that matter. I should show this to my wife,she would like it. I do also,the ripping part was painfully realistic.Glad the match was not lit

Posted By tham | Jun 7, 2012
  5. Artistic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    lol thanks Tom but in reality I am a gentle, nice person. I would not hurt a soul intentionally. I was never a bully but was picked on a lot and I never fought back. So you would be safe meeting me in an alley or street or avenue or anywhere in daylight for that matter. Just so long as it is not in a bee keepers field or a bug place. I Abhor insects and spiders. If you knew me you would understand why lol.

Gail, Dearest Gail ..... No I was never adopted Hun and I would be honored to call you my Sister. Mayhap we are Soul Sisters? Yes I can tell a lot of folks feel the same frustrations I do in a work place.

To tell everyone the truth I have been and still am working as a phone customer service rep for a sweepstakes company and the job is killing me. Turned 50 this year and am all of a sudden experiencing heart problems. Seems I have arterial blockages happening and am now using nitro spray almost daily.. and despite an ASA allergy I have to take a baby aspirin daily. I cannot afford to quit my job. Who would hire me at my age with all my health problems? no one. So I stick with the job that is killing me lol but thankfully I have been given reduced shifts and only have to work at it 6.5 hours 5 days a week now. I have heart stress testing and scans being done on July 4th and 5th. I will keep you all apprised my friends. Wish me luck....

Miss and Love you Ladies!!

Posted By Mysty | Jun 18, 2012

tham Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Good luck with all that is going on,I feel your pain as I too was laid off at the beginning of the year.Being over 50, it seems as if a switch went off in someone's head to beware the old people. Never the less, God speed to you and keep up the good work. I can imagine that you would not hurt a fly ,but the description sounded so real,so you did good on the taking a person on a ride with your writing. Once again well wishes looking forward.

Posted By tham | Jun 18, 2012
  6. Artistic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Thank You Tom : )

Posted By Mysty | Jun 18, 2012

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?