Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Lane New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

its been a while I`ve been here, I have been laid-up for a while. this is the latest song I`ve finished thought I come in and see what you all think.

I wanted to say something about Love, Loss, Hope and Fear..
    forgive the video, I`m not the best at that stuff..still working on it.

If I Could

Damn the night, damn the fear in this heart,
    and every word that tore Us apart.
    If I could back-up to Our last good-by,
    and take back every alibi...

chorus:

If I Could,
    could You love.

Damn the night,damn this wanting in Me,
    the little things I just couldn`t see.
    If We could give it one more try,
    take away all the hurting inside..

chorus:

If I Could,
    could You love.

Bridge:

All of the memories
    are a part of Me..
    and the life I`ve lived, theres this tragedy.
    If I could change it all,bring Us back somehow,
    I`d sit down to write a brand new history.

Damn the night,damn this wanting in Me,
    the little things I just couldn`t see.
    If We could give it one more try,
    take away all the hurting inside..

chorus:

If I Could,
    could You love...

If I Could,
    could You love...Me.

© Copyright 2011 Second-hand Hearts Vincent

Posted By Lane | Jan 23, 2012

1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    So this song is your original creation? You wrote the lyrics?

It's quite beautiful - Perhaps you can tell us something about the artist singing it....? Also - do you have your own website? This is really good stuff and should be showcased if you have additional pieces that could go in the showcase portfolio.

J.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

And oh! I just saw your note, "msJ is likely to kill me for this.."damn crybaby stuff..lol"
    it's not true - it's not true. :rofl2:

And I've just responded to your post here. No crying in me beer anymore - so yeah - I can appreciate this stuff. I'm fanatically in adoration with the concept of making things right via romantic love.

It's what your song is about: finding the middle ground (away from the drama of living) as to simply love; if we could, we would... :wub:

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jan 23, 2012

Lane New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes Ms J, I wrote the lyrics and the Melody...and that statement is whats its about.
    I was thinking about love and I thought..I was in love once.. and I lost, I was in love once.. and I had hope...I was in love once..and I feared.
    We hold love with an open hand so all those emotions rise, or can rise at the same time.
    Then still..I believe love is undying thing in Us from birth to death. and if I could...could you.
    I like believe we would. I was reminded of a quote:
    Hope is a feather thing that sits within the soul
    sings the song without the words and never stops at all..Emily Dickinson] something like that...lol

I don`t have a website, I`m Lane1777 on you-tube...lol I don`t have a ton of songs I think I`m to fussy".. this song, Letters" and I have a song coming soon...Some days" I always write this sad broken-hearted stuff, and I ain`t sad a bit!
    ok..what I do is get the lyric the way I like, make music track, I do sing and play enough to rough out whats in my head. It all goes to the studio. the singer in this and most of my work is

Jason Roller
    MagicShack studios

He has always done great, and always goes a little extra for me, personally I don`t think I`d have anyone else do my stuff. I have a young Lady that sings for me too..Heather Morris she is great!
    I`ll show her off with a song she sings..its one of my all time favs"

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Ms J I stuck this on here, I didn`t want to load the writing board up with my stuff
    two of my friends wrote this song and this is the young lady I was talking about I just love the song.

Crying Woman

Posted By Lane | Jan 23, 2012
  2. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    You mean, "Hope is the thing with feathers. That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without the words, And never stops at all..." -- Yes I had to google, even though Dickenson is one of my absolute favorites :p

But wow - It's beautiful. Really impressive arrangement. You've got talent as a songwriter that's for sure!

Love the new piece you posted as well - So somber a lyric... I posted the vid directly into your post ;)

Thanks again for the share and keep up the awesome work!

J.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jan 26, 2012

Lane New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thank you Ms J and thank you for taking time to give it a listen. Heather really can sing. I have one more song i`ll share with you as soon as its back from the studio. want to write a country song? I have a great idea...lol

Posted By Lane | Jan 26, 2012
  3. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Oh good Gawd! Me write a country song? I'm a native Tennessean - you'd think my whole life is a country song- now I want to go cry in me beer LOL

Apologies for the delayed response - don't know how I missed this post - but what's your idea? I love to write and haven't collaborated in a LONG time = could be fun :yes:

Is the new song back from studio yet? Would love to hear it!

J.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Feb 20, 2012

Lane New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    song is not back yet, I`ll post it as soon as I get it..sooo if you want i`ll track a little of what I have and share it with you. see if you want to try with me. I don`t like what I have for verse, its ok, just not flying for me. what I do like is the chorus, and thats what I`m trying to write around. let me know and i`ll track what I have. its me singing and just a work track so don`t expect to much....lol

Posted By Lane | Feb 21, 2012

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?