Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Discussion in 'Essays' started by muhowhow, Feb 4, 2011.

muhowhow New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There is a road by the school in the calm community of orange park acres. From where most view it, you cannot see over the top of this road, as it is on a hill. Beyond it represents a feeling of destiny, as if I am someday destined to travel this road on the turn of a new chapter in my life. The vastness of the nothing that is beyond that road represents a blank slate, ready to be painted.

I sometimes dream of this road. I am travelling up past my grandfather's house, up past my aunt's house (who both live in that immediate area), and up the hill at an incredible and anxious speed. The shops and the side walks all quickly turn to the beautiful nature I've come to love in that part of town. I then reach the top of the road, ready to begin my descent. I always seem to stop and look out over the brilliant yellow horizon, which might be my undoing, fore if I take even a single step more I am filled suddenly with emotion. I start to cry, in sadness and joy. In sadness for those I will leave behind, and for those who I have hurt. As for the tears of joy, they are for... well... I think Frankenfurter (Rocky Horror Picture Show) actually said it best:
    "...but I've seen... oh... blue skies! Through the tears, in my eyes..."
    Just like Frankenfurter, I, to, feel like "I'm going home...".

After that overload of emotion, I finally wake to find tears in my eyes, but my blue sky has become merely a white ceiling. I curse at my own emotions and try to sleep once more. As much as the feelings fill my senses and strangle me with sorrow and joy, I am willing to bet that it will be so much worse/better when I finally do travel that road. I know that my dream is not just a dream, but a longing as well.

Posted By muhowhow | Feb 4, 2011

1. Depressed

butchiesmom JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I stopped at this point to fully see this image and to wow over the vista! Wonderful use of imaging. ...The vastness of the nothing... :wow: Gave me chills!

A singularly lonely feeling never forgotten.

...strangle me with sorrow and joy... :wow: Wonderful word describes exactly how those emotions can overwhelm a person. I've felt that myself many times.

I love it! Well written. The scenery was real. I rode with you as you passed your grandfather's and aunt's places, through the town, stopped to view the horizon and became choked by the same emotions you felt.

I am truly impressed!

hugs,
    Gail

muhowhow New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks so much :D I wrote this a while ago and thought it was one of my better ones and I was starting to think no one was going to comment XD

Posted By muhowhow | Feb 26, 2011

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?