Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

deep_poet86 Endless Rewind

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Its getting to the point that when I get up in the morning I don't even want to go to work. For the past few weeks I have been getting up later than usual, and yes it does suck, I like having time in the morning to write or read, sometimes play World Of Warcraft and enjoy my coffee, not lately though. I work in a call centre that revolves around nothing but money, Sales! Sales! Sales! Our call center is suppose to be a center of excellence, for cable troubleshooting. Every call, everytime, they want us to offer them and ask them personal questions about their services with other companies to try and get them to join us. I have attempted it a couple times because it is a job requirement, but its hard when I don't respect my supervisor. My sup bitches at us if we don't make at least 1 sale a day because then she apparently gets yelled at. Alot of the customers I attempted it with tell me off when I simply let them know bundles are offered in the area. They hate their cable service that much because its always down. I will admit I am even embaressed to work for this company sometimes because of the poor quality in customer service, oh well... Its a paycheck. That was my little vent on work. Other than that I have been stressed a bit with my current relationship because my boyfriend is way to lazy and now its getting on my nerves. The deal was that he cooks and I clean, but the nights he tosses hot dogs on, thats not a meal to me, cleaning is repeative and has to be done. I don't know, maybe I am just being a mean cranky bitch, I don't know. Its just I do more work than him around the apartment... It gets to me sometimes. Plus ever since we both got accounts for World of Warcraft thats all he does. I do it all the time to, yes, that happens ussually when I get a new game. But he is doing it more than me lately. For the past month or so I have distant from him, before that I felt a loss in our emotional connectiona nd we talked about it, and things were good for a few weeks then went to the same place. oh... I just don't know. A lot of stress rigjt now, and stuff getting to me lately. I wanted to post this to let you all know what was up and for you had a valid reason as to why I was not posting, Slowly I am coming back though :)

Posted By deep_poet86 | Aug 7, 2007

1. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Lee-Ann,

I just PM'd you in regard to this.......:hug:

Kim :)
  2. Cool

nomadicrhymer JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Hi Lee-Ann..

Sorry things haven't been going well for you lately. I think sometimes this happens to try to push us in a different direction, or just take stock of what our life is at the moment, and whether we want to channel it in another direction. I am a creature of impulse myself, and although my decisions haven't always turned out the way I want, I act very quickly regarding my life situations. I hop from country to country, and that might not always be the best thing for my kids, but it does keep us from getting into a rut, and it keeps life exciting!! :) I hope you take some time to really look at your life and whether it's what you want for yourself. Regarding the job, I would recommend starting to look around for something else, even if that something else is just a stepping stone to the future...it doesn't sound like a healthy environment for you since it causes such stress. Some people are not made for sales, and there's no reason to feel bad about it. If there's nothing stopping you, girl, go life your life!! Boyfriends come and go, especially bad ones, but your life is a one-time marathon that only you can run.

God bless!!
    Nomad

mangodroplet Blue Mango Puppy :]

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    *huggles*
    You don't need to explain yourself to us, but we're glad that you deemed us worthy to :]
    We love you, and you know that if you need anything, we'll try to help!
    I myself have to had too much experience with the boyfriend thing...
    but I have recently gone through a breakup of sorts with my best friend....who was a guy. And you know what...? We women are stronger than we ever think :]
    We don't need men....haha. I don't know if this is going off subject...but, if your man is not treating you well....perhaps you might want to think if you could do better. When you love someone...it doesn't mean that they have to be perfect for you, or that they have to do what you want....it just means that you become more accepting of their flaws. [[sorry if this is going off subject...]] But....if two people love each other....they'll work to have a mutual life....not one giving more to the other. I see it as a competition between each other to do more for each other :] Haha. I'm only 15, and you don't have to listen to what I say...but, that's how I see it right now :) And for your job....have you gone all the way through school? I mean....do you have a major or something? I know you can do better. You're smart, talented......at least through what I've seen of you. Get a better job. or go to more schooling. Don't let yourself deal with a stupid job that is taking you nowhere. And......make your money work for you....instead of working for people to give them money :] Haha. in other words......perhaps invest instead of spending it on stuff xD It'll work out in the long run. Ok. sorries. My parents have been giving a lecture about that to me. :D Anyway, there are always gonna be hard people. But....hmm. When people yell at you....it's not personal, they're just mad at the people up above :] Haha. i know you probably know it....but sometimes it helps someone to say it.

grr. I'm sorry if i made it worse, but i really do care! *huggles*
    I love you!
  3. Cheeky

lasher Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey now D_P 86,

If work is causing that much stress it might be healthier for you to start looking into another field of opportunity. It's important for work NOT to feel like a chore, it is possible to find a job that you like. If you did find a job you liked, it might (as long as there was no other underlying reasons) break the new habit of not wanting to get up in the morning.
    Stress with one's work has a way of pouring into one's private life as well, this could be everything that's eating at you. Sit with yourself and really think what's going on, clear your head before making any rash decisions - let your partner know what's going on, communication is key number one in any relationship. Let him know what's going on and how you feel and see where it goes from there.
    I hope everything works out for you...

Posted By lasher | Aug 8, 2007

deep_poet86 Endless Rewind

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you all so much for the support and advice, I read it all and take it in, and plan on trying to work things out with him, and do something, well something with work, we'll see. Thank you so much all :)

Benny New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wow...sounds like you are in need of stepping back and taking a good hard look at just what is going on in your life. I understand the stresses of work...sales is tough...and maybe not your cup of tea right now at this time? I do know when one area of your life is stressed to the max it certainly affects the other areas in your life. It does sound as if you should talk to your partner and tell him how you feel about things and how they could help you...if that person is not willing to help you...maybe...well...you have some decisions to make in your life. I will be thinking about you during this time and hoping you find yourself less stressed soon.

Posted By Benny | Sep 24, 2007

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?