Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0

Submission Guidelines
    • Fiction: We will consider anything up to 10,000 words. (Query first for anything longer.) We want stories that surprise or delight, horrify or amaze, leave readers shocked or laughing aloud. Short-shorts, flash fiction, vignettes or other sundry ephemera are also welcome. Above all else, we want to be told good stories. Doesn't everybody?

• Poetry: We will consider all forms, although generally we prefer poems under 100 lines. Rhyming is okay. Humor is better.

• Non-fiction: We want memoirs, essays, creative nonfiction, thoughtful criticism. Again, please query for anything longer than 5,000 words.

• Artwork: We will consider all mediums -- sketches, cartoons, photography, graphic design, et cetera. We ask only that it be in black and white and that you send it as either *.gif or *.jpg format. Please send each piece for consideration separately.

• Payment: Not much, presently, but better than a sharp stick in the eye. (Unless it's one of those high-quality imported sticks from Sweden or Denmark or someplace like that.)

We buy first North American rights. Final payment may vary with the length of your submission, but typically we pay $5 per piece, on publication, with a couple of complimentary copies tossed in. If it's a very short poem, a single work of prose under 300 words, or a smaller work of art, we may only offer comps. This isn't a reflection on the quality of your work, just the reality of what we can afford.

• Response times: Typically 1-3 months, but feel free to query if you're getting worried and haven't heard back.

• Where to submit: We prefer electronic submissions, sent to kaleidotrope@gmail.com, but you may also send your submission through regular post if you prefer:
      Fred Coppersmith
      Editor, Kaleidotrope
      P.O. Box 25
      Carle Place, NY 11514

Please enclose full contact information and a SASE if you'd like a written response and/or your submission returned to you. If you include your submission within the text of an e-mail, please make sure to clearly denote format -- italics, bold, underline, etc. Follow standard format guidelines for manuscript preparation.

Please keep multiple submissions to a reasonable minimum (i.e. no more than 3). We are happy to discuss reprints, to a point, but query first. At the very least, let us know up front if it's been printed elsewhere already. We do not accept simultaneous submissions.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | May 14, 2008

2. Depressed

butchiesmom JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for posting this Ms Jacquii! It looks interesting. There's so many talented writers here and I've read many stories, poems and such which would qualify for this.

hugs,
    Gail
  3. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Hmmmm - amongst the qualifying writing - I hope you know your own would fit well too! Some of the stuff you've posted is quite genius, involved and thoroughly enjoyable. I dare say ALL the stuff you've posted is. And of course MS GAIL - I hope you consider submitting some of your writing to these venues as well. ;)

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | May 14, 2008
  4. Depressed

butchiesmom JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Nah!!! Nothing I have would qualify, but I'm sure there's plenty of writers here that do have qualifing work.

Thanks for the compliment though! Sure brought a ray of sunshine into my day!

hugs,
    Gail

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?