Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0

see also Kyrielle

A KYRIELLE SONNET, unlike the kyrielle consists of 14 lines (three rhyming quatrain stanzas and a non-rhyming couplet). However, like the traditional Kyrielle poem, the Kyrielle Sonnet has a repeating line (refrain) as the last line of each stanza.

In addition to the set number of lines within the kyrielle sonnet, each of the 14 lines consists of only eight syllables. French poetry forms have a tendency to link back to the beginning of the poem, so common practice is to use the first and last line of the first quatrain as the ending couplet. This would also re-enforce the refrain within the poem.

Example by Ryter Roethicle:

To Learn To Love

Bodies and minds conditioned by life
    Show no emotion, are stoic in strife.
    Open my heart before love says goodbye
    To learn to love, I must learn to cry

Too long my heart has been asleep
    Now through you, I learn to weep
    Because of you my spirit is high
    To learn to love, I must learn to cry

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Sep 9, 2006

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?