Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Discussion in 'Spoken Word & Freestyle' started by SarahNSH, May 3, 2008.

SarahNSH New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My laughter is distinct and always
    changing in response to the trigger
    that sets me off. As a little girl my
    laugh was like a squeaking mouse,
    unsure of the volume and what was
    funny. I mimicked those around me,
    looking for clues on how to act. I was
    a young Sherlock Homes of behavior.

Now my laugh is like the roar of a
    waterfall falling over and over again,
    resounding in the still air. Throwing my head
    Back to greet the sun, releasing my ambitions
    to be taken away by gentle wind. I close
    my eyes to better experience this feeling
    of being out of breath, sides hurting with each
    outburst. Quieting down to a soft rumble,
    reminiscent of thunder fading into the distance.

Posted By SarahNSH | May 3, 2008

Åströmmer New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hia Sarah!

I loved your piece a lot. I really spoke to me. As a professional sociologist specialized in interactionism I loved the sightful social analysis of your laughter. As you poem too wittnesses every detail in our life has a deeper structure and unique history, we'd be suprised if we knew them all. Thank you!

Åströmmer

Posted By Åströmmer | May 4, 2008

SarahNSH New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello Astrommer!

I'm very glad that you loved my piece a lot! You know, it's funny how you mentioned the sociological perspective... I just completed a college sociology class, I'm a huge fan of anthropology, archaeology, psychology, ect. and I always like to think in that way and discover why behaviors happen and all that. So, I kind of kept that in my head of the change I made with my laughter when I was a kid just mimicking people and where I'm at now where I know who I am and what is funny. (as well as we went over the stages of inmitation, ect, in children too).

Anywho, that's great that you recognized that with my poem and thanks again for reviewing it!

Posted By SarahNSH | May 5, 2008
  1. Cool

nomadicrhymer JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    It sounds as though you have come into your own, and accepted who you are. Great poem! I love the lines below!! :yay:

Now my laugh is like the roar of a
    waterfall falling over and over again,
    resounding in the still air. Throwing my head
    Back to greet the sun,

Nomad
  2. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Sarah,

I love love love this poem! I love poems scribed on topics that we normally take for granted, and are not typically chosen. Laughter! Yes! The trigger, the catalyst, the feeling, the sound, and the change of laughter with the changes / stages of our life. Brilliant!

This poem made me feel good, smile, and ponder and do a self-evaluation on my own laughter and my own analysis of it....What makes me laugh, how I laugh, and at what. The metaphors expressed are superb to your laughter! The content and execution was ever so satisfying....and this poem is memorable, and lends itself to come back and read over and over. Thank you for posting this gem! Excellent rating!

Kim :)

SarahNSH New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you nomad and Kim for your reviews! Yup, nomad, it kind of is a poem where I realize that I've accepted who I am and discovered what my laugh is and I don't have to play the Sherlock Homes behavior game.

And I'm very glad that you love, love this poem, Kim! I'm happy to hear that it got you to think about your own laugh and to discover what you're laugh is like. I really enjoy those poems that look at things we normally would look past and I hoped that the metaphors fit the laughter and added to the poem. Thanks so much again for reading this and I'm happy that you enjoyed it so much! (That's definitely what I was hoping for too).

Posted By SarahNSH | May 23, 2008

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?