Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

1. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0

Hello Everyone,

A friend of mine woke me up at 8:00 am this morning screaming in the phone for me to work on my novel Beautiful Train! .....because of the following newspaper article, that had some coincidences with my story......My friend said "It's an omen!", lololol.

****Click on the words "Beautiful Train" above to read part of the novel****

Maybe?.....Maybe not? The grave found is only a few streets over from where I live.......LOL....Surprisingly, after doing some research at an Historical Soeciety, I have found even more anomalies......very strange indeed.

[IMG]
    Hope You Enjoy This Story.....;)

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Fence dig unearths 1877 grave
    By Andrew Cannarsa

WEST CHESTER — Ever wonder what you might find if you went digging around your backyard?

A borough homeowner was quite surprised Friday afternoon when a piece of history was discovered a few feet beneath the ground at his North Darlington Street residence.

Under the grass, dirt and gravel, contractors found two gravestones and a few small human bones, including a fragment of a jawbone with a few teeth.

One of the gravestones included a carved inscription: “Rebecca C. Covens, died Aug. 9, 1877.”

It was certainly a blast from the past.

“I’ve owned the property for a couple years, and I’m actually rehabbing it to get ready to put it on the market,” said the owner, Keir Abrahams, who lives on South Walnut Street. “We were digging a hole for a fence post when we hit some concrete, and it turned out to be a gravestone.”

When the bones were found, it was time to alert authorities.

Police, emergency responders and a coroner arrived at the home in the 400 block of North Darlington Street to investigate. They called Joseph DellaVecchia III, who was working at the DellaVecchia, Reilly, Smith & Boyd Funeral Home around the corner on North Church Street.

DellaVecchia was needed to inspect the area and determine if the bones were in a place that would have indicated a body was properly buried.

“I couldn’t believe it,” DellaVecchia said. “I was really surprised by it — the writing on the gravestone is in very good condition.”

DellaVecchia theorized a cemetery might have been in the area before the home was constructed around the 1920s.

“Before any town or area is built up with homes and buildings, it wouldn’t have been unusual for people to pick a plot of land and say this is going to be a cemetery,” he said. “The fact is, we’re made from the earth, and to the earth we shall return.”

Abrahams said the officials ruled that if a body is properly buried, the remains and any accompanying gravestones become property of the landowner.

“I guess that means it’s mine,” Abrahams said, standing over the area where the remains were located. “Not that I have any interest in keeping it.”

Abrahams said he plans to contact the Chester County Historical Society next week to find out if a cemetery was in fact in the area and if any Covens descendants are still around.

“I was shocked,” said neighbor Leon Spriggs Sr., who has lived in the borough since 1960. “Who knew this whole area could have been a graveyard?”

To contact staff writer Andrew Cannarsa, send an e-mail to acannarsa@dailylocal.com.

Click ...DailyLocal.com to read the original article.

erikestabrook JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    so much for fiction, lol

Jer4clarity Lover of Meanings

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Kim,

Don't know the content of your novel but obviously from the reaction this is a sign!

Jerry

PS get to print girl!

Sally Roberts Forestdawn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    WOW!! Kim:

What a story! Did you ever think it could have true?
    Think about this.... Rebecca was your muse for your "Beautiful Train" She was mentally helping you write your/her story.
    Muses come from everywhere and I believe she was the one who was helping you. Then after the story was voiced and written out, she was found!

How cool is that? Fact is stranger than fiction. I love this!!

Blessings
  2. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Erik, Jerry, and Sally,

Thank you all so much for taking precious time to read and to comment.

Erik, lol, you are right!

Jerry, I will continue yes, it is frustrating and fun at the same time writing a Novel!

Ms Sally...thank you so much. Perhaps she is my muse! Funny thing is as I researched more at our local Historical Society, there are many more strange coincidences. I am starting to wonder myself! Scary!

I will keep you all posted! Thank you again, this made me very happy to read your responses.

Kim ;) :)
  3. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    OMG - kinda spooky really - but I'm of the school that no longer believes in coincidence LOL
    Gotta get to work on Beautiful Train novel fosho!

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jul 17, 2007
  4. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I sure am Ms Jacquii, this one's a keeper, lol. Thanks for reading and the support. Love Ya!

Kim ;)
  5. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    There has been ALOT of developments since this post and after more researching my story and her life are almost parallel which is a little scary yet tells me I must finish this novel. The similarities are simply amazing!

Kim :)
  6. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    I tell you MS KIM - I don't really do much browsing in the Shades of Fiction forum
    But this one has definitely whetted my greedy curiosity AND I'm looking forward to a tidbit
    Possibly a section or 2 from the Beautiful Train. Especially after reading that news story
    Interesting to say the least....

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jul 18, 2007
  7. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    You got it Ms Jacquii! ;)

Kim :p :D

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?