Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Sally Roberts Forestdawn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The horizon is my future.
    So distant.
    Unreachable.
    A place so near, yet so far.
    That sense of hope, just to be able to grasp that endless beauty it holds.
    And yet...
    Not quite reaching that bond of security thats needed to build my world.
    As I lay quietly, My eyes close in slumber. My mind travels into time. And backward into the past.
    Dreaming.
    Thinking.
    Thinking of the times when I was happy.
    Enjoyable memories.
    The memories of my life.
    Each day.
    Every moment.
    Every second.
    Beginning and ending with the days of yesteryear and the days that are yet to be.
    New ideas.
    New emotions.
    New thoughts.
    Focus vaguely through my mind.
    Sometimes a mirage of hope plays with my thoughts while just ahead it disappears as I slowly draw near it.
    I keep searching. to find that there was, nothing.
    Nothing.
    Nothing at all to grasp.
    The image of exsistance before me, lies beyond and is concealed in my horizon.
    I sigh, bitter tears fall. thinking of my past and what my future, soon I thought would have held. maybe will one day emerge into view and appear closer.
    The happiness.
    Peace and understanding,
    Laughter and love will soon be mine.
    The most important things to me seems so unimportant to others. The darkness of the sky engulfs the day into night. The very life it protects.
    I sigh again.
    Oh the joyous peace I search for seems so much more farther than I could hope to reach.
    So for now, I must continue to accept...
    The distant,
    Untouchable
    silent stillness
    of my horizon.

zaac Banned

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    sally, because this is such a long piece, it might be more eye pleasing to break this up into more of a stanza based thing. This is really good, but it seemed kind of strung out as far as line length and stuff. but it's a very nice piece. i can help you on stanzas as to where breaks and stuff might be...i write lyrics also.

zaac

Posted By zaac | Jun 1, 2007

Sally Roberts Forestdawn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you zaac:

It is a first try with something like this. I have another one called "Forever Yours."

I am in to any critiquing. what ever would make it look or sound better is highly appreciated
    Go for it. Thanks :)

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?