Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nikos Tselepides, Apr 7, 2007.

Nikos Tselepides New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Painted Diary brought me here.

I use my real name.

I dislike aliases, as they often cause confusion.

One of the aliases that confuses me here is Erikestabrook. I think of it as Erike, which is a Dutch girl's name--I know as I had a girlfriend by that name once from Herleen in Holland-- and that makes me think it is a woman, whereas the person is a man, if I am not mistaken. Then usually I think of this as Erike Stabrook, a woman. Wrong of course, but this alias generates this mistake in my mind automatically. Apologies to Erik, then. (And I do assume here that "Erik" is his first name, as it is not clear from the spacing in his alias what is what.

In passing, let me say this also: There is a tendency in many posts for people to write English whichever way comes easier, and we have a lot of text with mis-spellings, inexistent words, and often a syntax that is confusing. It is their right to do so, of course and who am I to set rules anyway...That is the job of the moderators or whoever is responsible for such decisions here.

My own position however is to respect the language at all costs, and that is why I write very carefully and try to keep my English correct. That also comes from my work as a writer for over 30 years, as I work for a publishing company and deal with texts all the time and in my editing I correct texts of other at times before they go into print. I also advise new writers who bring me articles for publication how to write and punctuate so they are in line with our syntax and grammar rules at the publishing company, which publishes 5 magazines per month and has to keep editorial policy on such matters uniform
    and constant at all costs, if the products are to sell.

Nikos Tselepides

Closet_Writer Pro-Ninja

Message Count:
    The most boring state where the 's' is silent, dan
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi! I don't really know you (or anyone else on the forum for that matter) and while I have gum on my shoelace for no obvious reason, I thought I'd be friendly and say 'Hi' anyway.. which I just did..

So Hi!

P.S. Your last name is awesome.

Jeez Banned

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Nikos...,

Well your writeing is
    very good to say
    the least...

and you will find that
    there are mistakes
    in my writeings from
    time to time...

'm just not perfect.

Anyway...

that's why 'm learning, :eek:vershoulder:

it is nice to meet you
    and know where your
    thoughts are on things.

Thanks for the read.:exactly:

Posted By Jeez | Apr 9, 2007

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?