Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +132 / 1 / -0

Although there are still a few minor issues* to fix, which we will be sorting in the coming days, we're ecstatic to announce that the newly redesigned JPiC Forum is now back online! We are now powered by the new and upcoming software XenForo. A compelling community experience, the XenForo upgrade brings an intuitively designed, socially engaging & fresh experience for all users of the site.

In addition to posting in the forums, JPiC now offers a sweet list of features we hope you will make use of:
    1. New Activity Stream
      Members can now easily see all the recent happenings on JPiC Forum, beyond just the messages posted. Members can follow each other to get their own personalized news feed showing the content they want to see.
    2. Member Trophies
      Reach a milestone in our forums and you will earn a trophy for having done so. Regarding this new rewards system ==> We are open to suggestions. If you have new trophy ideas - post them here in the Questions, Concerns, Comments, Suggestions forum.
    3. JPiC Magnet Poetry
      JPiC Magnet Poetry -- inspired by the tiny word magnets used to put on refrigerators -- can serve quite well as your rendezvous with poetic creation. It's great for pulling writers block by the hair and roughing it up a bit, bringing your creative mind back to its thriving self. Plus ==> It's just plain fun!
    4. JPiC Book Reviews Library
      Our new book reviews library will allow all registered members to add books and reviews, with an easy option to purchase books on Amazon.com directly via our forums. Support JPiC: add books, add reviews & purchase from our site.
    5. JPiC Potent Quoteables
      Add your most potent quoteables to our quote system and you just very may see it in the quote rotation at the top of all site pages!
    6. JPiC Video Gallery
      Our new video gallery will allow all registered members to add literature-related videos for all members to enjoy. There is now a comment section on each video, which allows you to keep the conversation flowing. JPiC Contributors & Premium VIP Members* will even have access to creating playlists!
    Additional features which will surely engage you are:
    1. Post Ratings System
      We've an intuitive "like" system which will make members feel appreciated for their contributions.
    2. Social Login Integration
      You can now integrate your Facebook, Twitter and/or Google Plus accounts with JPiC Forum.
    3. Status Alerts
      Alerts make it easy for members to stay up to date with updates that are applicable to them. You'll receive alerts when someone quotes your post or responds to a status update, when you receive a new trophy, and much more.
    4. Favorites
      Members can easily bookmark/favorite threads/posts/profile comments which are informative or otherwise of interest to them.
    More information on these and other features will be forthcoming in the next several days. We have, however, created a user guide for easy reference on the new site functionality. Should you have any questions not covered in the user guide, feel free to ask a member of the JPiC Moderating Team and/or create a new thread in the Questions, Concerns, Comments, Suggestions forum. We are always happy to assist.

Likewise, we'll appreciate it if you'll tell us about any errors or issues on the site.

Already-registered members, please be sure to invite your friends to JPiC. We'll certainly appreciate you sharing the poetic love! Also be sure to like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter.

Thanks. Enjoy and happy posting!

MsJacquiiC | JPiC Forum Administrator

* INTERNET EXPLORER USERS:
    IE does not embrace the current-day web standards of css, css3 and the newer html5 code. A lot of designers find themselves creating a website design that will show just fine in all other browsers and appear broken in IE. Apparently this is the case with the new JPiC design: There's a cross-browser compatibility issue which affects only Internet Explorer Users on the JPiC homepage and our main forum index. We are working to fix this issue. In the meantime - We suggest all users of our site to upgrade their browser to a more modern browser(s) such as Opera, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Apple Safari is recommended for Mac users. These browsers are top-notch, will show our site wonderfully, and best of all, each are 100% FREE!

* JPiC CONTRIBUTORS & PREMIUM VIP MEMBERS:
    Both of these membergroups will have access to enhanced board features. Registered members, please see available options on your Account Upgrades page. Unregistered guests may also contribute. Please find more details here.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Sep 15, 2012

2. Depressed

butchiesmom JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I've noticed quite a bit of the changes and enjoying them. I'm broke so I'll have to owe you the 2 cents for now......
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +132 / 1 / -0
    Ha! Now I know we're sistas 'cause I'm broke too :LOL:
    Glad you're liking the changes though - XenForo really is a sweet piece of software in my opinion. Hopefully once things are situated, we can move forward with the member promotion phase. Gotta get the word out that JPiC is back!

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Sep 16, 2012
  4. Artistic

Mysty JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I guess I need to join my sistas cuz I am broke too.... out of work and waiting on disability and unemployment insurance. Sucks to be meh. Changes are AWESOME Ms J!!! Love it!
    • Like Like x 1

Posted By Mysty | Oct 6, 2012
  5. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +132 / 1 / -0
    Sisterhood of the Traveling Poetics! And you're much welcome to join.
    The only requirement is to post post post :chuckle2:

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Oct 6, 2012

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?