Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

mangodroplet Blue Mango Puppy :]

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh! My children that may nevermore be!
    Oh this wretched hate that has consumed me,
    To kill you poor souls, that my old lover
    May always for you suffer.
    I shall never see your bright, sweet faces
    Or watch you run fast foot races,
    But it was all for the best
    That you, my children go to rest.
    For if I had not slain you with my hand,
    I would not then be able to stand.
    And life then would be living hell,
    For he had betrayed, making me unwell.
    I pray my children will understand,
    I did not hate them, just their father, that man!

This was something written from Medea's point of view, a eulogy for her dead children that she killed in order to make her deserting husband jealous.

(rest of the Eulogy..)

My children, that was for you. I pray that my children know that I shall always miss them. In the end, they were the only ones that loved me so. I hope they understand that I loved them and did not raise my hand to strike because I hated them. No! It was their father who caused me to do this horrific act. This was the only way for my children. If they had stayed with their father, they would have been scorned and teased at the hands of my enemies, but if they would have stayed with me, my enemies would have been left unpunished. I would be laughed at the rest of my days. I was weak, and almost renounced my plans of killing them, but I had to. I gave up my only source of happiness to cause suffering to their father, but, it was all for the best. I could barely stand any of the choices, but their father had to be punished for his disloyalty.
    My children were the only innocent part of my life. They were the only ones that brought joy to my life. I sacrificed everything to give them happiness, and in the end, they sacrificed everything for me. I remember the times when my two children would run around the courtyard, chasing each other. When they were young, they would snuggle in my lap, tying to go to sleep. I will always treasure those days. During the dark times of their father’s betrayal, they were the only people who could give me relief for a while from all the feelings of betrayal and hurt. Hearing their screams of joy or peals of laughter would make things all better, but still, it could not release me from the bonds of hatred towards their father. Nothing could or would release me, except punishing their father. They may not have been able to live out their dreams, but they fulfilled a greater cause.

1. Cool

nomadicrhymer JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Hi mango,

I like the poem, and it's a good one...the kind of thing a psychopath would say...good beat and rhythm...

the concept I don't get...it doesn't sound like Medea at all...she would just kill the husband and get it over with, NEVER the children...she takes good care of children....anyway...good poem!!

Nomad

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Haha...Medea killed her own children......

see, she wanted her husband to suffer, not just die...i coulda sworn...

Yeah. She killed them. Haha I wrote this what, 2 years ago? Haha. :]

it's twisted Greek thinking. She killed her children. :]
  2. Cool

nomadicrhymer JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    oh my goodness..MANGO!! L0L!!..I'm in the wrong time!! You're talking Greek mythology, and I'm talking modern day Medea (seen the movie anyone?) LOL! Diary of a mad black woman? by Tyler Perry? he has another movie out right now "Daddy's Little Girls"

:jiggy:
    Mango, it's a movie you have to rent! too funny!! You could have been talking about her...cause she's pretty psycho! but she never hurts children, unless it's to teach them a lesson...but not physically anyway...just a good talking to!

Nomad

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hahahaha
    my friend was talking about that movie and how i need to see it....
    haha, yeah, this Greek Medea= total psycho.
    haha....:]

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?