Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Closet_Writer Pro-Ninja

Message Count:
    The most boring state where the 's' is silent, dan
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm going to write a novel.. Not just any novel, of course, but one written completely in poetry form. I think it'll be cool. I wanted to do short poems, since they seem to carry more emotions, so something like a cinquain (since I'm good at them anyway) or whatever.. (only not haiku's, since their odd beat patterns don't make for good layering)

First of all, I need to know that it's actually possible..

second of all, I need ideas for what kind of poems it should be. I've been doing cinquains too much..

It just can't be too complex like a villanelle(sp?) or a sonnet or whatever. (And it'd be helpful if it didn't rely on rhyming patterns..

1. Cool

nomadicrhymer JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Why don't you just start writing and see where it ends up? I used to write all my poetry in rhyme and beat, but now almost always in freestyle...so if you end up with a really long piece then you can restructure it later, and formulate a "style". ...but just start...more than likely it will end up as an "ode" or something if you want it to be a "novel" type.

Nomad

Closet_Writer Pro-Ninja

Message Count:
    The most boring state where the 's' is silent, dan
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    to 'odes' have a pattern to follow? (I never really learned about them)

I was thinking long and hard about this.. and realized cinquains would be just has hard to do for a full novel..

So this is going to be harder than I thought.. >.< whee! ^.^

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?