Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

michael JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +8 / 0 / -0

This one comes from another one I did about my dad. The title ......"On The Mythology About My Dad" came from a contest I entered. The theme that week was Mythology.

There once lived a man who was thought to be a very strange visitor from another planet who came to earth with far more abilities than other guy's

who liked to harass cops and his dad
    the mythology about my dad caused people to wonder and even ponder
    who was this strange visitor who came to earth with far more abilities than other guy's

This man was Patrick Henry Page and what was all the rage?

He really was no superman I know because in May of 84 none of the
    five bullets bounced off his chest....so he was laid to rest

This not so ancient mythology about my dad was just a myth
    he really was a great guy who happen to get hit on the head
    with something
    aboard a ship in the US Navy which some say made him crazy

I wish my grandfather and the cops could have understood this not so ancient mythology

Posted By michael | Aug 2, 2006

1. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear michael,
    First and foremost, the simple fact that you are composing to your Father is heartfelt, and acknowledging and remembering his honor. Strange or not, his honor lives with in you, for you are an extension of this "strange spirit". The way, or style that you depict is so relaxed, so real, so michael....telling us a story, ever so calmly. Almost like, as a matter of fact, have a seat, and let me tell you a quick story about my Father, with the warmest apple cinnamon smile. With the audience somehow knowing that when you are through with the story, they will feel sooo good inside. I bet your voice has a calming tone, and serene quality. He may have been strange, he may have been hit in the head, some say Mr. Page may have come from another planet, he did face tragedy, but there are two things that are not questionable, and they are, 1} he was Patrick Henry Page, and 2} you love him very much. I love this michael, as it makes me all misty. The last line, was very profound. If you gave the cops, and your Granfather a copy of this "Mythology about your Dad", without a doubt, they will understand, as you do. Lastly, I believe, what you also are scribing is your medicine, in small doses, to help the healing process, one of your methods of grieving, that you so graciously shared with us. Better go now, to clean my glasses. lol!! Please continue to grace us with your talent michael, take care.

Painted aka Kim

michael JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Kim

Here .......I was trying to do a piece for a contest......and using as theme for this piece Mythology
    In no way did I mean to give the impression that I thought that my dad was strange. He suffered from schizophrenia which we are finding out more about today. He was really a good person and not a ra ra monster that he was made out to be.
    I was always so impressed with this dude ......he sailed on the ocean lol
    Once he told me of woman he met over-sea's Judy and she must have been hot
    The whole strange visitor thing came from....... SuperMan Strange visitor from another planet who came to earth with far more abilities than mortal men
    Bend Steel with his bare hands and so forth
    Superman was my boy back in da day. So I tried to use some of the mythology of superman

Thanks again
    michael

Posted By michael | Aug 6, 2006
  2. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Michael,
    By no means was I implying that as well. If my comment appears as such, then I appologize, please forgive me. I will say that these lines in particular for me, gave indication (in my own personal opinion) of schizophrenia.

who liked to harass cops and his dad
    the mythology about my dad caused people to wonder and even ponder
    who was this strange visitor who came to earth with far more abilities than other guy's

I to have schizophrenia in my family. I was going around around the bush without saying, and apparently did not succeed in expressing my comment appropriately. I apologize Michael. It is crystal clear, how your Father was a man, whom you adored, and understood, and tragically was stripped of his life. I am deeply sorry about your loss.

Sincerely,

Kim

Poetic*Freedom New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    very intersting piece- as it seems that your father meant a lot to you- or had a great impact on your life!...your word choice was GREAT!...the mood was mmm...just.....somber (lack of better word!)....nice write micheal!...keep doin' what you do!.......
    ps. sorry 'bout the loss...
  3. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Hey MICHAEL - I'm not quite sure what to make of this piece - It seems you have a very loyal love for you Father though - That much is apparent. I can appreciate someone who can recall memories of the one who inspired so much the child of his. Someone was telling me the other day to "respect my elders" ----> Far to often --- these days especially --- that cliche is not adhered to... But anyway - Glad to see that the persistence of memory is alive and well for you!

Nice poem - Thanx for sharing!

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Aug 8, 2006

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is a very good entry for the contest! It has something that many can relate to - as children we do tend to see our parents as super heroes and we always find out later that they are human too! Your love and understanding of your dad shines through your words. Do I sense some anger in your last line or is that just my imagination? Keep writing, my friend, you certainly have a talent for it!

Posted By Altree94 | Aug 18, 2006

michael JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thanks again

Poetic,.....Thanks for taking the time to read this. I really believe that I have grown so much from this experience of getting to write about my dad. Being able to put into words what I could not before.

Jacqui,.....Thanks again for your comments. I think the memories of my dad in part come from my wanting to know him more maybe. Wanting to know more about him. My mother and father had separated and from all accounts is was not pretty. My mother did not seem to like the idea that I looked just like this guy. Anyway I'm very inspired that I am here. The whole thing with my dad has given me a starting point really. I'm really feeling so blessed right now yo.....even though I have a whole dramafide past. I believe that this is a gift from god to be able to do this. Writing/Poetry thing...

Tree,.....Thanks so much for your comments. And to first answer your question about the anger. Right now I'm attending a class for anger management. just kidding lol. I used to be very angry. a long long time ago.Thank God I now understand how important it is to forgive and move on. and to never be caught up in no hatred bag of any kind. Also whatever talents I may have I thank God for. You give really good feedback Tree.

Posted By michael | Aug 18, 2006

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?