Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

?

What kind of pets do YOU have? You can check all that apply.

Cats 9 vote(s) 52.9%
Dogs 8 vote(s) 47.1%
Birds 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Fish 1 vote(s) 5.9%
Reptiles 1 vote(s) 5.9%
Small Furry Type (Rabbits, mice etc.) 2 vote(s) 11.8%
Farm Type (horses, chickens etc.) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
None, but would like to! 1 vote(s) 5.9%
None, and don't want one! 2 vote(s) 11.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There sure seems to be a lot of pet people here and I am curious to know how many have what kind!

Posted By Altree94 | Sep 28, 2006

1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    I certainly love each and every one of my pretty-pretties :yes3:

I have 3 dogs: a cream-colored Chihuahua, a black pitbul named Boston because he has a white spot on his head and looks like Boston Terrier, AND my pride and joy Holly who is a miniature purple-tongue chow mix. She's got the most attrocious underbite (let other people tell it) but I think it's just the most adorable thing ever - I love her!

I also have a cat named Prince - I call him Princey Poo because he so pretty LOL

And topping off the list of adorables is my 1 year-old Sugar Glider named Fancy because she has the fanciest tail ever!

Sugar Gliders are indigenous to Australia and are actually marsupials. Fancy looks like a flying squirrel.... well kinda - She's adorable as well.

So...... Who else?

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Sep 29, 2006
  2. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I had 2 Iguanas, now I have 1. Tupac and Chacotae. Tupac was 5 1/2 feet, and Chacotae is 5 feet from snout to tail. Tupac was shot. (No pun intended). They were so big that I could not keep them here, so I shipped them to my brother in Miami. Chacoae's name (my own spelling) comes from Star Trek, of course. She is sooo pretty and lovable. Tupac was very, very very mean, and started to bite everything, and EVERYONE!!!!! Thus, he was shot. I miss him, however, not at the exspense of really hurting or killing someone.
  3. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    :huh: :eek: :shock:

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Sep 30, 2006
  4. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I had a few misspellings that I edited.:toot:
  5. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    HA! You so silly LOL :p

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Sep 30, 2006
  6. Angelic

stardust JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hello Tree!! Thank you for starting this Post!! I have finally found this Post!! It is difficult for me to get around here, because I am sort of new to this Site. I like and enjoy this Site, though. I am also surprised and puzzled about what "Painted Dairy" has said about his pet, Tupac. Tupac was shot!! How Cruel!!...How sad!!...I can´t believe it!! I love animals. I am an Animal Lover!! I am an Animals´Advocate!! I have 6 cats now. I used to have 10 cats at home. I help an Animal Shelter for Homeless Cats, in my neighborhood. I pay for their food, care and medical attention. They are lots of Feral Stray Cats in the Shelter. My friend lives in a house with a big territory, and keep them there. Of course, I help my friend with all the cats. My 6 cats´names are: Frank (an 11-year-old Seal Point Siamese), the others are Feral Stray Cats, who were homeless in the streets at a young age of 15 days old. I took them home. They are Sonya, Bridget, Ositoy, Piruchita and Mimmo. Well, Bye for now!! Hugs, Sincerely from Stardust.

Posted By stardust | Oct 1, 2006
  7. Angelic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hello Tree: Oh!!... I forgot something else to tell you: the age of my feral stray cats. They are over 4 years old. They are all lovely and healthy. Thanks God for that!! Loving and Caring Always, from Stardust.

Posted By stardust | Oct 1, 2006

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thankyou MsJ, PD and Starry for responding to this poll!

MsJ: Love dogs and cats! I have never heard of a Sugar-glider! How did you happen to get her? How big is she? What does she like to eat? More info please, if you don't mind!

PD: So very sorry about Tupac! Every pet becomes a part of the family and the grief we feel is still the same as if for relatives - sometimes more so! My sister had an iguana - she named it Fluffy. Tupac and Chacotae - very unusual names for a couple of unusual pets by a very unusual lady!

Starry - I am glad you found this poll - and that you are starting to find your way around the forum! Sorry to have missed you in the shoutbox, once by 11 minutes and again by just 7 minutes! You have a seal-point siamese - they are beautiful and so talkative! The two I have are just strays but they get treated like royalty! I used to have a Russian Blue but he died a long time ago. (of old age). I also have 4 dogs. They have plenty of room to run here but all of them are getting up there in age, so don't do as much running as they used to! Just like me! LOL!

So thanks again ladies for posting and I hope we get more responders to this poll!

Posted By Altree94 | Oct 2, 2006
  8. Angelic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hello Tree!! Thank you for replying back to me so promptly!! I like your Poll; you should start new ones. So, we -the members at this Site- would be able to know each other better, about our lifestyles and other tastes. It would be a good idea!! Wouldn´t it be??...I would indeed, like to get to know people better, especially when I belong to a new Forum. About pets: I have 1 male Siamese, and 5 Feral Stray Cats also. I have 6 cats all together. Frank, my Siamese, is 11 years old. The 5 Strays are over 4 years old. My husband and I, and the animals make a whole family in this Apartment. We love them, and they love us. My daughter, her husband and her 2 children own a house in New York, and have 2 dogs: a female Rottweiller called "Xena", and a small Yorkie called "Pearl". Xena is over 9 years old. She is getting older, and has a bad heart. Pearl is only 1 year old. I love Xena so much!! I hope, she could live a much longer life. I Pray for that to happen. Well, see you again at the Forum. I am going to make a Post today. It is going to be a surprise for everyone!! I shall Post a Poem, and a Short Story. God Have Mercy on me!!...I hope, you all like my writings!! I should see what happens...Bye now, Tree!! Hugs. Sincerely, from Stardust.

Posted By stardust | Oct 2, 2006

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Starry!
    Whatever you want to know about, you can start a poll about!
    Have you looked at the other polls? They have all kinds of questions! (and answers)! The best way to learn your way around the site is to just click on whatever catches your interest and see where it takes you! If it takes you somewhere that you don't want to be, just click the back arrow on your browser. Try it! You'll like it!

Posted By Altree94 | Oct 3, 2006
  9. Angelic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hello Tree!! Thank you for your kind advice!! I would like to start a Poll, about something that interests me. So, I shall see what the others have to say...I just let you know that, "My pen and words are like pulling a trigger or even swords, at times. Justice and Righteousness are my goals, and my way of living." If you happen to encounter with some of my writings, please, remember me saying this Quote, coming from my own heart and soul. I have a warm, compassionate heart for the ones in need. This statement is valid not only for humans, but also for animals and the whole environment. The way I see it is the following: "If somebody is doing wrong, it will be wrong for everybody who is doing that action, not only for the weak or poor ones. It will be also valid for the ones with Power, Wealth and Good Lifestyles.
    "A SIN IS ALWAYS A SIN, NO MATTER WHAT!!!"...A Rich person makes sins, just like everybody else, and he/she should be punished, as much as the others, by the Enforcement of the Law. The guilty ones should be punished!!! I have a heart full of dreams. The whole world should be a clean place to live from inside out!! I wish, my dreams come true, one day in the future. Bye, my dear Tree!! I like your ways very much!! You sound like a very nice woman, who cares. Hugs, Loving and Caring Always, from Stardust.

Posted By stardust | Oct 3, 2006
  10. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Heyyyyyy, I hope you meant "unusual lady", in a a good way!! LOL!!!! LOOOO!!! Luv Ya':wink2:

PD
  11. Angelic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I don´t understand!!...I have no comments about it. Bye now, Stardust.

12. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Stardust,

The previous comment is a joke from me to Ms Tree.
  13. Angelic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hi Kim!! OK!! I can understand now...See you later, Stardust.

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL!

Hello PD!

OF COURSE, I meant unusual in the nicest kind of way!
    NOT humdrum, boring, blah or average but UNUSUAL - Unique, One-of-a-kind, Above-the-crowd, an original individual!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AHA! I see ONE person who doesn't have any and doesn't want any and I would bet everything that it was AMZY! LOL!

14. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Hey TREE - sad news... Fancy passed away last night - she had been battling with a bout of epilepsy and pass while I was asleep. I didn't want to see her suffer - so I'm glad the end was swift.

But anyway - I'd let me tears go a couple of days ago when she had her 1st seizure so I was kinda expecting it - She was a trooper though and fought to the bitter end. She will be dearly missed. I'd like to get another, but there really expensive ($200 or above)

I didn't have any pictures of her but I looked online just moments ago and found some pictures of what sugargliders look like - The 1st pic with the apple is earily similar to what Fancy looked like. They really are the most adorable animals. The have a diet of fresh fruit & nuts - but I tended to give Fancy a french fry as well every now-and-then LOL.

Now the pics - They are really small animals, indigenous to Australia and are marsupials - I suppose their closest relative would be either the Kangaroo or the Koala...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Oct 5, 2006
  15. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Wow! Ms. Jacquii, I am so sorry to read about "Fancy". The pictures of what Fancy looked like are remarkable. I never knew about this type of pet! In the future, I am sure you will get another one. Again, I am sorry for your loss. Take Care.

Kim

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?