Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

?

What kind of pets do YOU have? You can check all that apply.

Cats 9 vote(s) 52.9%
Dogs 8 vote(s) 47.1%
Birds 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Fish 1 vote(s) 5.9%
Reptiles 1 vote(s) 5.9%
Small Furry Type (Rabbits, mice etc.) 2 vote(s) 11.8%
Farm Type (horses, chickens etc.) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
None, but would like to! 1 vote(s) 5.9%
None, and don't want one! 2 vote(s) 11.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

OH MsJ! I am so sorry for the loss of Fancy. Unfortunately, I do know how you feel. My own pet, a Rotweiller, Tara, died just over 2 weeks ago. She was 9 years old, 115 lbs orf pure adoration, and my baby girl.
    TY for the Sugar-glider pictures and info about them. They are adorable! I did not realize that they are so tiny. When you said they were related to kangaroos, I was thinking they must be huge.
    :huggles:

Posted By Altree94 | Oct 6, 2006
  1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Thanx both TREE & KIM for your kind words... I miss Fancy like craziness - but like I said = didn't want to see her suffer anymore... Anyway - sorry for your loss as well TREE... Animals are best friends even when we are less than perfect with them.

Anyway - LOL. What you say about relation of Kangaroos and Sugargliders TREE - I actually said the same thing.

Mom was like - well Sugar Gliders are marsupials - I said hmmmmm. Related to the Kangaroo - they must be big.

You can imagine my surprise = it was a pleasant one actually - I fell in love with Fancy immediately LOL.

Anyway - glad you gals liked the pics - they are quite cute aren't they.

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Oct 8, 2006
  2. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Tree,

I am sorry for your loss of Tara. Being with you and your family..I'm sure she had beautiful memories to comfort her as she passed on to go home. Take Care. Luv Ya'.

PD:huggles:
  3. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Seems we Ladies have gone through some tough times with our Animals...
    Tupac & Tara & Fancy **sighs**

Anyway - glad we still have poetry! ;)

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Oct 8, 2006
  4. Angelic

stardust JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hello all my dear friends, Writers and Poets: I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear companion animals. I have been through dreadful ordeals myself, with my dear companion CATS. I used to have 10 CATS. I lost 4 of MY BEST CATS. Now, I have only 6. Daisy was best and the first to go. She was an adorable female Seal Point Siamese. Daisy was 10 years old, when she parted. Then, Adolph, her grandson, passed away at the age of 8. After that, Harvey, Daisy´s son. He was 10. The last one to go was Blueberry, Daisy´s first kitten-daughter. She was 12 years old, when she parted to Heaven. I lost Blueberry in September 1st, 2005, about 1 year ago...I miss all of MY BEST FRIENDS: THE ANIMALS. Well, I am glad to be back again at this Forum of Writers. I encountered some Computer Problems for over a week. Now, it seems OK. Thanks God!! I feel lost without my computer, and away from the world. See you soon, my friends...Loving and Caring Always, from Stardust.

Posted By stardust | Oct 10, 2006
  5. Angelic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hello Ms Jacquii: I like your New Avatar!! It is so pretty!! I could read that, you are from Tennessee...Is it that so??...I love Tennessee!! The best Country Music Singers and Song Writers come from Tennessee. Congratulations!! Sincerely, Stardust.:rocking:

Posted By stardust | Oct 10, 2006

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It has just been brought to my attention that I am asking people about their pets but not giving any info about my own and that just is not fair play!

All of my animals except Sassy Cat are either strays I have found or who would have gone to an animal shelter had I not taken them in. So here is my list:

I have a King Boxer who is 13 years old, named George. He got shot 11 years ago and had to have a leg amputated. It has not slowed him down any!

I have a Black Lab, 12 years old, 130 pounds, named Bubba. He thinks he's a lap dog.

I have a Terrier mix, 9 years old, named Rahtsin. That is a Mohawk word - pronounced Raw Gin - and means He-is-male.

I have a Sheltie, 7 years old, named Blueberry. We didn't know if we were going to be able to keep him because he was snappish and Yappy! He Yapped so much that he even annoyed the other dogs. When they got annoyed, they let him know it. Every time he yapped, Bubba sat on him. He quit yapping, settled down and has become the sweetest tempered one of the bunch!

I also have 2 Cats. 11 year old Kitty-cow and he is called that because he is a huge domestic short-hair, white with big black spots - just like a cow.

Sassy-cat - very suitably named - was born on my birthday and is now 14 years old. She is the Queen of this hive and she is also the one mentioned in my poem "Another Language".

So that's my menagerie - Now how about yours?

Posted By Altree94 | Nov 7, 2006
  6. Angelic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hello dear sweet Tree!!

Hello dear sweet Tree: I have computer problems at this time. I don´t know when they will be solved. About Pets: I am an ANIMAL LOVER. I have 6 cats now: Frank, Bridget, Mimo, Piruchita, Ositoy and Sonia. I used to have 10. The other ones were: Daisy, Blueberry, Harvey and Adolph. But, they died and I got so sad. I help an ANIMAL SHELTER FOR HOMELESS CATS. See you soon, dear!! Send you all my loving, from STARDUST.:grouphug:

Posted By stardust | Nov 7, 2006

Benny New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    we have two cats...on is Lucy Ezmerelda who is our inside cat...black. Her sister is our outside cat...Ethel...black and white. We could not get Ethel house broke...so she fit well where she wanted to be.
    we have a pug person...3/4 pug and 1/4 Pomeranian...looks like a short fat pug...acts like it owns the place. All are very loving and get much attention. We are pet lovers through and through...they love unconditionally.

Posted By Benny | Dec 28, 2006
  7. Angelic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hi dear Benny: I am so glad that you are an ANIMAL LOVER. Me too!!...Happy New Year 2007 with all your loved ones, including your animals, the best friends that you would ever have. They give love with their sincere heart, and give their loyal and unconditional love, as long as they live to their masters. They ask nothing in return, but your love and care for them. Pets never lie, never BETRAY, like humans do. The best companions: Animals. I prefer animals over humans. Animals are my best friends forever!!... Hugs. Sincerely, Stardust.:goodluck: :giftrose:

Posted By stardust | Dec 29, 2006

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    TY Benny! I know exactly what you mean by pug-person! LOL! I have a cat that thinks it is a dog and another cat that thinks she is far too good for either dogs or people! She may be right about that! BTW- Love those names - Lucy and Ethel! But what is the name of your pug?

Posted By Altree94 | Dec 29, 2006

jasmine321123 New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a Dog and his called Towser. We got him from a rescue home here in cork and his adorable i love him *smiles

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    TY, Val! What breed and how old is Towser? And how did you come to name him Towser? That's very unusual - I like it!
    Tree.

Posted By Altree94 | Feb 23, 2007

Jeez Banned

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have two muts.. ( mixed breads )
    both females. Each has shep in
    them.. the eldest Fe 5 has
    rot/collie as well.

The youngest Bet 1 has pit and who
    knows what else as well. lol. Both
    are give aways.... others didn't want
    to have to care for them. Thus their
    here with me.

Their my gals. :ss-grin:

Posted By Jeez | Feb 23, 2007
  8. Cool

nomadicrhymer JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I used to have two cats (Persian and Himalayan) and two dogs (boxer and Akita) but now I life in a condo and no yard...no animals allowed. One day I think I'll get a dog again, but it will have to wait until I move again.

Nomad

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    TY Jeez! Those 2 mutts really lucked out when they found YOU! I think it is true what they say about mixed breeds - that they are smarter and easier to train than the purebred ones.

Nomad - So sorry that you can't have pets where you are! I can't imagine not having a pet of some kind! I lived in an apartment once that did not allow pets either - but what they didn't know didn't hurt them! LOL!

TY for taking the poll!

- Tree.
    :dog:

Posted By Altree94 | Mar 10, 2007
  9. Angelic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Dear Tree: Thank you for posting and creating this thread, sweetheart!! This topic is my favourite one, when it comes to talk about ANIMALS. Perhaps, this is the reason why, I stay at this friendly Forum for Writers, in order to get to know more the nicest and best people at this Forum. I indeed, like your ways, sweet Tree!! I like people who LOVE ANIMALS. They are MY BEST FRIENDS, telling you the truth. I know that, everybody reads what I am saying, but I have nothing to hide. I believe that, it´s a beautiful feeling and so much rewarding in return, the love of a good animal friend. The animals will love you even more than his/her own life. Animals are Loyal to their Masters, and they can even give their own lives for their MASTERS. Animals are THE BEST OF FRIENDS. I love animals much more than I love humans. I find true and loyal love in animals that, I have never found in humans. About what kind of animals I have: I think, I have already mentioned it in here before. There are some changes. Xena, my daughter´s Rottweiller passed away at the age of 9. They burried her in their Garage. My daughter and her husband bought another baby female Rottweiller for their 2 children, who missed Xena so much. They called their new dog, Jazmine. They also bought a small baby Yorkie. They call her, Pearl. About me: I still have my oldest Siamese male cat, FRANK. He has just turned 12 years old. He is a Seal-Point Siamese. Frank is the last off-spring, child of a series of Siamese Cats that I used to have. Unfortunately, they all passed away, one after another. They were not too old, though. The first one I had was DAISY. Daisy was born in January 29th, 1991. I adopted her, before she was even born. The Breeder was a Biochemist and had some good breeding animals for sale. Daisy costed me U$S 50.00 Dollars, at that time. I fell in love with her. Then, I bought a male Red-Point Siamese for the same price. I called him KENT. DAISY and KENT had off-springs kittens, like BLUEBERRY, HARVEY, ADOLPH, and so on and so forth. I kept BLUEBERRY. I gave away Harvey and Adolph first to my boyfriend, who wanted to adopt some cats. Other cats, I placed them in other good homes. It was impossible for me to keep them all in a small Apartment, plus my own personal life and My Business going on. As time went on, in one of My TRIPS to New York, DAISY was temporarily placed in the house of a friend (Ms. A. Dix) of mine, who had a male Seal-Point Siamese. His name was LUCKY. So, LUCKY and DAISY got into Heat and they had a short romance, while I was away. To my surprise, when I returned from my TRIP, I found DAISY pregnant. I was certainly not Happy about it!!...So, after 2 months or so, FRANK was born in March of 1995, and I had more problems already, on top of what I had already had. I did not know what to do, with so many cats at home. So, I gave Frank away to my boyfriend at that time, who is my fellowman now. I placed the other kittens into good homes. To make the story short, my fellowman brought all his cats to my home, when he decided to move in with me in the year 2000, after chasing me to New York and chained me to his sharp claws. Plus, all the cats I had already, it was so CRAZY!!...With all the CATS RUNNING AROUND THE HOUSE, my life began to change and get into a LIVING HELL or a NIGHTMARE. I was only here in this Country temporarily, until I would settle all My Personal Business back into place again. Unfortunaltely, I found myself caught into a MOUSETRAP, without my wanted to. However, all My Animals were so HAPPY in their ways, and they all had the same good GENES: DAISY´S GENES, my first and most favourite female Seal-Point Siamese CAT. After so many years that have gone by, I found myself Helping Homeless Cats. So, I adopted some Ferals, Stray Cats. I still have 5 of them. They are 5 years old, at this point (2007). Their names are: Mimmo, Bridget, Ositoy, Piruchita and Sonya. Of course, FRANK is still ALIVE. He is the BOSS. Frank is a 12- year- old Veteran, and THE LEADER OF THE PACK. To my sadness, Daisy, Kent, Blueberry, Harvey and Adolph passed away at a young age. I cried a storm of tears for them. I miss them so much!! I still Help Homeless Animals (Cats and Dogs) in Shelters or in the streets. I try to find them a good and loving home. Well, say Bye for now, my dear friend Tree!! Hugs. Sincerely, Starry.:yes: :yes:

Posted By stardust | Mar 10, 2007

Jan7 Jan

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow! So many pet lovers! I have a yellow Lab named Kaytee. She has epilepsy and has seizures which keeps me on my toes and worried.
    I also have two cats, Abby and Sara. One big happy family! Kaytee thinks she is a cat and gets along real well with the felines.

Posted By Jan7 | Apr 13, 2007

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?