Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

ronbliss JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

PRAYER FOR A MOTHER

Thank you Lord, for this mother who gave,
    Her body to harbor me,
    Keeping me safe, from the ills of this world,
    Through viability.

Thank you Lord for this mother of mine,
    Who nourished me with her breast,
    And labored unceasing, from daylight till dark,
    With so little time for rest.

And thank you for, a mother, who loved,
    With only a love you could give,
    And vowed with her heart, to watch over me,
    So long, as we both, should live.

Thank you Lord, for this mother of mine,
    Who suffered with pain and in tears,
    And then for her effort, received no rewards,
    No laurels, no trophies, no cheers.

What can I do for this mother of mine,
    That generously gave, without thought,
    Neglecting her needs, for the wants that were mine,
    Counting her own needs as naught.

All I can give, is my unending love,
    And my prayers and petitions to you,
    That you will reward her, her toil and her tears,
    When her life on earth is through.

Posted By ronbliss | Apr 23, 2007

1. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Ron,

:eek:w: I am speechless! This is truly the ANTHEM for Mothers all over, of every kind, and are truly Mothers. This also brought tears to my eyes, as the beauty reeked through like scent of roses in an open field, with fragrance of lilac, and honey-suckle. I am in awe of this as well as all your writes Ron. This one needs to be bottled, stamped, and placed in every Mother's Sea. Thank you for yet another masterpiece!

{{{{{~~~***KIM***~~~}}}}}:):wub:

ronbliss JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PaintedDiary,
    Well,......... this one is definitely a page right out of my diary. A diary that I started as a baby and even though she is gone now, the book is still open. I had a wonderfully, close relationship with my mother and she was a very loving person. I truly feel it was this loving relationship that gave me the emotional content to write poetry. While I had this great relationship with her, I have to admit it was one that was so filled with many diary pages of regret. I grew up as a very wild and rambunctious youth. I was selfish, egotistical and not as thoughtful as a son should have been. This did not cause her to waiver in her love for me. The night she passed away, the nurse called me to come spend a few minutes with her before she went. I took the time to jump in the shower and by the time I got there she was gone. One final regreat but just a typical page of my diary regarding my mother. She did so much, I did so little. This is probably a typical situation for many mothers and their children. Well, thanks for reading and I guess it is time for me to get up off your couch and let you take care of someone elses problems. Love ya.

Ron

Posted By ronbliss | Apr 28, 2007

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?