Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

1. Malnourished

Ariono-jovan Labu Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +10 / 0 / -0

because i had a secret affair, got caught cheating with fiction. after that, she the only genre that would have me... but on the serious, it's a necessity. something like elements of air/ water/ food... luv her to death yeah-
  2. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Ariono,

Only you could have said this so beautifully, in your way. Loved it, and thank you for responding.

Kimberly

P.S. I will call you this weekend, as we continue on our collaboration. Love ya!!;)

Jeez Banned

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ah.... writeing,

' only know that
    somebody coxed
    it out of me.... :blush2:

and now..it just
    won't stay in.... :onthequiet:

Posted By Jeez | Mar 2, 2007

Jan7 Jan

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I write poetry for a lot of different reasons, depending on my mood. I have been betrayed and wrote some poems about that which actually got rid of some sour feelings.

I wrote poems because of the humor of a situation that I wanted to share with those involved. I love to write poems about animals and the funny things they do!

I have written when something moves me deeply. It helps me get it in perspective.

Actually, I feel that I need to be moved by somethings to write a poem.

I guess that says it all!

Posted By Jan7 | Mar 23, 2007
  3. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Great Responses Everyone!!!!!!!!

Painted ;)2

Visionary Visionary

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I began writing poetry way back when I was in therapy and found it helpful to use poetic form to write my deepest secret feelings. I started learning all about all the poetic forms and trying them.

I was grieved by the death of a favorite uncle and wrote a poem about that.

When I was a tutor in an elementary school I wrote children's poems, just simple little things I put together and gave to them.

My grandmother who lived to be almost 100 had a yearly family birthday party at a fancy restaurant and I wrote about that.

I wrote things about a favorite aunt, my daughter, love poems to my husband, and
    wrote a sonnet about my brother when he broke up with his first 'true love'.

Just to exercise my mind wrote poems to fit categories that a state poetry league asked for.

We had a Christian rapper at our church and I wrote a rap poem for him. And I wrote a poem about a church youth worker.

Posted By Visionary | Apr 30, 2007
  4. Digging it

JONATHAN living not existing.

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +76 / 1 / -0
    Im sure yu remember " Solomon says" .. well that was wen i knew i had to write but didnt kno y , now i kno y...

i write because thats my way of talking to me , never forgetting the inner me , bieng honest to the me within and since ive written and realised the purpose of doing so in many ways ive stopped running from myself , i write in retrospect , i write in pain , i write in joy and now im writting with hope and even as i write i pray that thru wot i write , people reading would realise that our joys are all the same , our pain is the same and our hope and faith is the same too , in another sence i write so i can connect to yu { other poets } ive heard people tell me this is ure talent but i kno this is my voice so i hav to write coz im not dumb ... JON

Posted By JONATHAN | May 2, 2007
  5. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Visionary and Jonathan,

Thank you for your responses, and they were awesome as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{{{{{~~~***KIM***~~~}}}}}:)

mangodroplet Blue Mango Puppy :]

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I write....because I feel like it.
    when something moves me, I write.

I write because I can't express my heart any better.

I write because it gives me comfort.

When all else fails, I can still write.

My poetry are my thoughts, spilled onto paper.

I write because it can't betray me.

I write to move others.

I write to find a way into the beyond.

I write to escape.

poetry for me is from the heart.
    poetry is just the magic of words that come from the heart.
    In The Chosen (I think), the author says that words only pervert what your heart really feels when trying to tell it.

but, words are the best we can do.
    not until we can show people our hearts, our inner minds, can we really convey ourselves.
    so, for now, we just have words.
    yet, poetry is the most amazing way to do it.
    others have music, others have paintings, we have poetry.

KayaOtah happy as ever

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I write...
    - Spend my time on useful things than games
    - Improve english (im a indonesian with s'pore pr)
    - Meet other people
    - Better communication
    - Express my memories...

Posted By KayaOtah | May 8, 2007

deep_poet86 Endless Rewind

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My main reason for writing it because I know I can, and I know it works for me. I can get all my thoughts and memories on paper in a way that other people ussually enjoy and can sometimes relate to.
    Its also a great way to deal with stress and depression... Its just like a journal for me to open up everything about me, my life and the things I think about. Poetry is like a drug to though, I just can't get enough and it is one of my main hobbies/interest/and love... Yeah, I guess thats it. Best reason I can think for writing it.

Sally Roberts Forestdawn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Why do I write poetry?

Okay I'll bite. LOL

I get so many things in my head that I can't get out. Whatever inspires me I have to write it down or it gets all jumbled up together and then I can't sleep at night. I'll lie awake until like 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning. And then get up tired.
    If I have pad and paper nearby for whenever I'm inspired I can get it all out and relax. It may be a line or two, but then I don't have to worry about it.

I keep tablets and pencils all over the house. Yes I even have some near the bathtub for those emergencies when I have something that needs to be written down.

A couple of times I threw some of my notes away. but then I thought about it and retrieved them, (which were covered with tomato sauce.) After rewriting them I'd won a first place writing award certificate for them. So that proved to me to NEVER, EVER throw out anything that I could finish at a later date.

I've loved poetry since I was nine years old. and had always kept a journal. A rhymer at heart is my passion. But I challenge myself all the time to write something different.

My inspration is what surrounds me everyday.

blessings
  6. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I love the responses!!!! Keep'm comin'!!!!!

Visionary Visionary

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This topic looks so familiar, maybe I said this elsewhere once on here. I wrote as an outlet for my feelings when I was in therapy years ago and learned many different forms and it became a hobby. It was a great way to say what I wanted to say about things that happened; death of a friend, an uncle, an aunt, and I am still too choked up over the death of a pet to adequately express myself but a vet sent a poem that did it for me.

After much therapy my feelings were not as intense so I started writing less often and more my thoughts on a subject I had something to say about or to someone else's topic.
    I like Hauki so got obsessed with that and wrote more and more and more until I had a small book worth. Thank good ness I did not get obsessed with sonnets.

Posted By Visionary | Jul 16, 2007

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?