Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

bloodletting_of_the_sky New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

from the begginging

the odds where terrible...

respect, a myth...

the word respect was what they used to tie...

to bind

the whole picture was caught up in hopeless dreams...

where we think that we can change what people see...

but when you got millions of souls trying to construvt proof og thier innocence....

it becomes more and more apparent how imperfect we all really are...

so much effort exerted to mold everything into what we want it to be...

and then a sudden wave of loss washes away hope and faith...

and we fall down wallowing in what our endevours will never be...

taking all that we held sacred and melting the pure down till all the impurities shine...

when the truth lights bright... how can we do anything but direct our fight to what lies inside...

our hearts....

1. Artistic

Mysty JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Hiya Phillip,

First welcome back :) and second ... WOW what a poem to come back with .... doesn't it just say it all for the middle and lower classes? Outlining the fight and struggle we face everyday. I heard poor paris hilton is not going to inherit 100 million from her grandpappy anymore... he is donating 97 percent to charity. So the poor. world class famous whore will only get a paltry 5 million. Dear god how will she ever survive. Call her Lilith, the devils madam. Anyways ........ awesome poem..... just think what that 5 million could do for you or me..or any of us down here in the real world. lol .... kinda puts a different perspective on things hmm?
    Loved this poem and giving it an excellent rating.

Mysty

Posted By Mysty | Jan 12, 2008

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey mysty.. not much of a comeback huh? srry i missed your birthday hun.. but thank you mucho for stoppin' by and sayin' hi anyways lol... yeah i didnt really think of this write at the time to be directed in such a manner towards media public like paris, but now that i read over it againe... it certainly has that kind of feel to it.. and i didnt even realize it...
    hugs for the new year.... i've got great ambitions that are most likely to fail.. but it's worth a shot... praying currently for a positive outlook...

hassassin New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey, I'm just wondering what the poem is about? The lines confuse me...some could be blamed on typos, but "...Truth lights bright..."? I don't really get the message...I liked the beginning, but I dunno...I don't feel the theme of respect's myth was expressed enough...Lol, it's good...but I can't read it without getting confused on what you're trying to say exactly

Posted By hassassin | Jan 18, 2008
  2. Artistic

Mysty JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Hassassin have you ever heard the phrase .. Truth is a beacon? Truth lights bright is a play on this .. It means Truth is so obvious it is like a light you cannot miss and it leads the way to whatever answer one is hoping to find, be it at the end of a rainbow or at the end of a battle. Hope this helps you some.

Mysty

Posted By Mysty | Jan 19, 2008

crazymamma5 angelic mamma

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I liked the poem. But would check your spelling so it is an easier and more flowing read.
  3. Depressed

butchiesmom JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I was going to copy and paste and correct the misspelling because that's my only pet peeve but then I thought, Wait a minute! He's talking about imperfection and how we all fall short of it even though we keep trying. Maybe the misspelling isn't an error but another statement because the rest of it seems to have no problem.

What a way to make a statement! Really great job and a message all should read and understand. Thank you for opening my eyes, lol.

hugs,
    Gail

hassassin New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah, was not aware of that phrase. Thanks

Posted By hassassin | Jan 30, 2008

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello everyone againe.. thank you all so much for such interesting outlooks, and encouraging remarks.... some things i was not aware of myself consciencously untill i read it over myself... i often do this... i write whats on the top of my mind at the time.. and i feel so stongly while writing it... and then i go back to read it and it's like reborn to me... like it wasnt really me writing... but some place within me... i know that sounds strange.. but that's the only way i can describe it....
    you guys are all a poet can ask for... you give me the encourgement to improve.. along with great inspiration...
    much love,
    phil

zaac Banned

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ok man...we agree on one thing. this is a damn good piece god bless my heart. these would make awesome lyrics to my eclectic style of music writing. i could have a field day with this.

aside from that, i love poetry that is free form and not only takes a person on one or several journeys in a few stanzas but somehow manages to teach or remind them about love without them even realizing it. quite classy i would say.

zaac

Posted By zaac | Feb 7, 2008

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey zack.. i would love to hear your tunes to this piece.... if you can feel free to have at it... and you have meens of copying your sounds to a file on your computer....and you know how to email this to me... i would love to listen to it....

let me know if your up to this....

and thanks for all the attention... it's pretty uplifting man!!!

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?