Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

TheBlackPoet New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It was a cold and misty morning on the shore
    All of heaven held its collective breath as white men moored the vessel to the pier
    The ropes were tossed to shore as savage white men waited with lusty anticipation
    I cried out to them to stop, but they moved through me as if I was smoke, my pleas, unheard

The gangway is slid into place, the other end slams down on to the pier
    I am on my knees crying incoherently to god to stop this, but god does not listen, his will must be done
    The haunting clanging of the chains can be heard from inside the belly of the beast
    The cries, the woes, the prayers, I heard them all...

My tears fall to the sand, each drop exploding in slow motion
    As I look up I see a great man bound in chains and locks stand at the edge of the gangway
    He is so grand; his head blots out the sun in my eyes
    And through what is real, far into what is unseen, his eyes catch mine

I cry out to him
    “fight!”
    With a sigh of divine expectation, and acceptance of a terminal fate,
    Like a Man of men, he says
    “Remember me. When your time comes to walk this plank, remember me.”

What great transgression did we commit, what god did we offend?

Amid the sea of twenty-four inch rims spinning under high end SUVs, over the great expanse of blinding bling,
    I traverse through hazardous terrain risking my life to remember and keep alive the memory of those whose souls I was born to carry like a torch through dark times…

I speak out, but the masses are prey to the folly of the white man’s devices and they do not hear me
    I write in blood many pages of truth, but the pages are trampled

Finally, I cannot see my feet, as I realize I am beginning to sink slowly into a dark nigga’s ocean
    Sinking deep beneath rotted, fecal minds

In my last moments before I am engulfed by an abyss of shit, I see a glimmer, a hope. She reaches out to me
    “fight” she cries out in failed desperation
    But I have lost the use of my arms, my only salvation is my voice…

And I speak my last words…

Remember me…

Moonchild Moon Goddess of Whispers

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wow...this is beautiful.
    So well said.
    An exceptionally well written piece Black Poet.
    I can't really say much more because you have me speechless
    but I will say you've touched me.

Posted By Moonchild | Aug 26, 2007
  1. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Like no other or anything I have seen.....speechless...

My tears fall to the sand, each drop exploding in slow motion

Kimberly

ps....will be back
  2. Cool

nomadicrhymer JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    :wow: :wow: :wow: Totally speechless BP!!! I am awed at the painful clarity of gripping emotion that weaves a web of "presence" when reading this. It transports me to those far shores, as I inhabit the screaming mind and beseeching body of the one seeing, crying, begging. Thank you for making my first read of the day a blockbuster!

Nomad

JolieH JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Frederick,
    You are so good, almost as good as Langston Hughes. LOL He is my favorite black writer of all time. I'm so impressed with the quality of your writing. It's hard to know exactly what the word “fight” is to this man. He is trapped and tortured. To fight with fists is surely death or torture – to endure time is the true warrior he had to be. The fight is with human intelligence and humanity, but those men were blind. They had shit in their eyes as you say. Lincoln was a brave man to pull the sword from the stone and slay that evil dragon from hell. He died for it.

I'm sure there were many white people that hated the concept of slavery, but they were forced as well to adhere to the shit they were forced to swallow. Of course there plenty of men who just enjoyed the barbaric power they felt entitled to.

I'm just glad it's over. I'm glad America is finding pride in their multicultural roots. I wish the entire world could reach the same level of compassion for human life

Posted By JolieH | Aug 27, 2007

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?