Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Jims Inn Jims Inn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

She cowers in a corner
    as he looms over her
    a bottle of amber
    in his left hand
    his right poised to strike.

"Please" she begs
    "not in front of the kids."
    "fuck you" he spits
    and breaks her nose
    in a single blow.

"Bastard" she cries
    but only under her breath.
    "bitch… whore" as he tries
    to dredge up every filthy
    word he can summon.

The children… wide eyed
    and afraid cling to her as
    he kicks her in her face
    shattering her cheekbone
    then at last he turns away.

She's bitten through her lip
    and cannot talk so the boy
    ten years old fetches her
    mobile so he can ask for
    help from someone … anyone

But no one comes cos who
    wants to get involved in
    domestic violence cos
    it's a private thing isn't
    it … so she cries.

Posted By Jims Inn | Nov 13, 2007

latishaslove New Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sadly...this a tale in which too many women and children can relate. This is a cirsumstance that fuels anger and hate (sorry...a habit). I like it, well written. I really hope it is not written from personal experience. If it is, i'm sorry, but keep on using the pen as a weapon. Stay Strong!

Jims Inn Jims Inn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

hi latisha ... thanx for reading and your kind words ... i haven't posted here in quite a while but i did post a thread "i helped a man die last night" a while back ... it is a the story of my kid sister mel and how she suffered at the hands of a physically abusive husband for many years ... until i helped him die ...

i am a fanatical (almost) supporter of the rights of woman and children and have nothing but hatred and contempt for husbands/partners/fathers/boyfriends who beat up women and kids ... in my eyes they the fiends who masquerade as men and as long a single man is guilty of this crime ... women will never be free ... nor will i ...

Luv ya!

J

Posted By Jims Inn | Nov 13, 2007
  1. Cool

nomadicrhymer JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Hello Jim...how have you been? Missed you! :girllove:

I see you once again drag our attention back to the plight of the battered...thank you! It is not something we want to forget, but in this day and age life has been speedily plying its troth where we cannot keep up, most of us. We secure our little corners and run around like mice after our tails with blinders on.

The poem does bring to a boil the hatred for such evil cowardice, and I know for some of us women, laying hold of such a perpetrator...well, nuff said.

Nomad

Jims Inn Jims Inn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

hi nomad ... missed you too sweetie ... thanx for reading ... i'll be back just like ol' arnold!

Jim

Posted By Jims Inn | Nov 14, 2007

latishaslove New Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey yourself, how are you? I have a little experience with abuse, but not the extreme kind, my father was abusive to my mother and my step-father is the verbally abusive type. Once he got really mad at me and tried to strangling me, that was the first time in my life I experienced someone trying to physically harm me. Nothing like that ever happen again to me, but my mother had to get her hand stiched a while back because she was cutting some bread and they were having an arguement and he pulled the knife out of her hand the wrong way, sliced the palm of her hand straight accross. These kind of situations makes me really sad, angry and helpless as a woman, but the worst part is if it is happening to someone you care for and they refuse to try to get out of the situation, you feel powerless and wish you had the guts to commit murder and get away with it. That's it in a nutshell, but this is definitely not a black and white story.

I'll read "I helped a Man die last night," Keep on doing what you are doing but don't kill anyone.:lol:

Jims Inn Jims Inn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    don't worry sweetheart i won't ... i helped ray in a nice way ... helped him out his pain ... something he never ever diid for my sister when he was alive ...

Jim

Posted By Jims Inn | Nov 14, 2007
  2. Artistic

Mysty JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Jim you are my hero....... truly an Angel in disguise hon. This poem, though a painful write I am sure...... and so sad... it was well written. You get to the gist of the matter so well. My throat aches from unspilled tears this poem has evoked. And to think .... you lived so close to this. My heart breaks for you and your sister.

Much love and well wishes.

Mysty

Posted By Mysty | Nov 15, 2007

Jims Inn Jims Inn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

ah sweet Mysty! i have been away far too long ... my kingdom for a horse that i might gallop across the prairie as a hero in search of my heroine!

thankfully mel has now remarried ... to her childhood sweetheart would you believe!

the spectre of ray has been excorcised from our lives ... oh if only the spectre of "domestic violence" ... oh how i detest that word ... could be removed from our world!

Luv ya!

Jim

Posted By Jims Inn | Nov 15, 2007

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?