Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

CaliBreeze New Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hello, everyone,

I was wondering if anyone of you have been in a negative situation for many years and wrote out of that negativity. Once removed from the negative situation, did you find it hard to write poetry in a less emotional, fearful state?

This is where I am now. I haven't written any new poetry in a long time. I am so used to writing out of negative emotions, per a horrible situation I was in, but now that I am out of that, I am trying to think of things to write that I feel passionate about. I guess it all lies in changing my focus, but I am finding that difficult. Does anyone have any suggestions?

~Cali~

Posted By CaliBreeze | Jul 11, 2007

1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Hmmm - I know for a lot of Poets & Writers the writing is personal and comes directly from life situations - I know mine does anyway - But if your battling writers block - I can suggest the JPiC Creativity Outlet - We have some fabulous writing exercises and challenges to help get those creative juices flowing: http://jpicforum.info/creativity-outlet/

Other than that - I would suggest just writing about your new everyday experience - It could be something as mundane as the sunset - use a lot of adjectives to describe the way the light bounces off the grass, the way the cumulous cloud looks like a man with goatee, etc... And within that type of exercise - you may find inspiration to write about something totally different than what you started with.

Anyway - hope this helps ;)

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jul 11, 2007

CaliBreeze New Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks

Thanks, Jacquii,

I will check out the creativity outlet. I'm sure I will find some good stuff in there. Can't wait to write poetry again. :cute:

~Cali~

Posted By CaliBreeze | Jul 11, 2007

Sally Roberts Forestdawn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Cali:
    I completely agree with MsJacquii!
    She said everything I would have said.

I too was in a slump and needed to be inspired. guess what? after three months of nothing to show but an empty page, I finally got inspired to write a poem for the Famous Poet Challenge.
    Who knows which one will spark your creativity.
    Look around you'll be surprised on what you find.

Blessings

Visionary Visionary

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Breeze we could be soul sisters. When I came out of the negative I joined a Texas state poetry society and they had pages of contests each with a different theme and I threw myself into writing for as many as I could just for 'therapy' you might say. That was a great help to me. I think each state has a poetry society. I cannot say what your state would have to offer but it might be worth a look-into.

Posted By Visionary | Jul 16, 2007
  2. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    No prob - Glad to help.
    Hope you found something in the Creativity Outlet to get ya motivated/inspired. :)

Why thank you very kindly Ma'am
    It's not often that people completely agree with me :p LOL
    But yeah - it's one of the reasons I started the Creativity Outlet
    It's something that's inspired me as well!

Hi VISIONARY :wavey: - Funny you should mention that - I've been meaning to look up info about the Tennessee Poetry Society... Thanx for the reminder!

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jul 16, 2007

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?