Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Sally Roberts Forestdawn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Okay JPiCans!
    Here's something for you to think about. First let me say it's not really wise to dwell on the past, but this is an intersting thought.

If...You had a two week vacation and you could go ANYWHERE in the past where would you go and why. ( of course you would have a choice to stay or return to the present)

I will go first... If I had a choice I believe I would go back to the 60s where there was more freedom, and less crime We could have a picnic in the park, leave your things on the picnic table, go swimming and have all your stuff still on the picnic table when you got back to it. and you could smoke a dooby without being bothered by the police.
    You never had to lock your doors. Your neighbors would be nice and bring you cookies and you'd sit down and have coffee with them. You knew everyone on your street and the old lady next door would baby sit your kids free just because she wanted to.

Okay where would you go?

Blessings

1. Angelic

stardust JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Dear Sally:
    Well, this is a very interesting post, a real challenge for our minds...
    Well, telling you the truth, Sally, I would go back to my childhood with my dear parents.
    We used to travel together (back in the 50´s and 60´s), to far away places in beautiful and peaceful countrysides. I learnt how to swim in gorgeous swimming-pools at luxurious Hotels, while my parents were calmly watching my brave attempts. I also learnt how to ride horses on horseback; horses usually run pretty fast, while I enjoyed doing it and laughing my head off. My parents were a bit concerned about my safety on the horseback. But, I never fell from a horse. I loved to entertain my little friends with my singing and acting in public too, on small stages at School. I was their only daughter, so they used to bring a friend along to keep me company. Then, we played different games and we had lots of fun. I had nice little friends. My parents were so proud of me; they loved me so much, and I also loved them so very much. They were my true heroes!!... Unfortunately, they passed away long ago. I miss them so dearly. I would definetely go back to my childhood with my dear parents, which was the most naive and most safe part of my life, in plain truth. The rest of the years remained was mostly rubbish and dreadfully painful. Those memories back in my childhood were so pure and special, and indeed, the very best memories of my life.
    Thank you, sweet dear Sally, for bringing this post to life!!
    Warm Regards, Starry.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Posted By stardust | Jan 28, 2008
  2. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    :goodpost:

Nice post SALLY - I would actually go back to the time I travelled to Rome, Italy and had an audience with then Pope John Paul II - got to play tuba in a small brass/choral ensemble - it was AWESOME! But one thing - there were so many FINE Roman men - just sexy sexy sexy and plenty of them showed interest in me - If I had the opportunity to go back - I'd have notoriously "done like the Romans do" - as I am sort of a freek - though I've become somewhat forced to celibacy - Back then I was a bit of a virgin - but whoa! If I'd have known then what I know now (((and that would definitely have to be a stipulation - to know now - what one should have known then))) It'd been one hell of a trip :blush2: --- The food was lovely - but oh! Roman men are so sexy and as I was a bit on the slim side then - they thought I was cute, pretty, desirable and thought of my dark skin as a bit mystical.... Rome was where I purchased my 1st legal alcoholic beverage - so yes - I would have been a bit more of a lush and a lot more of a slut --- Something to really remember as my most favorite trip :blush2:

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Feb 3, 2008

zaac Banned

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i'd like to break my vacation up...half at the first christmas and the other at the first easter.

zaac

Posted By zaac | Feb 3, 2008

Bear JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sally

I would go to hayward Wisc. quiet litte fishing town I would get the log cabin and stay there forever I love the frredom that I felt there clean air clean water and fish with little channels that went to different lakes. I just loved the beauty of nature there birds like loons eagles , animals bears deer horses beavers ect on and on.

Thsnk you so much Sally for the wonderful trip down memory lane
    hugs kisses
    bear

Posted By Bear | Feb 20, 2008

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?